• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Build Fighters Try |OT| Once Again, Please Set Your GP Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

RuV0X1M.jpg

Starts October 8 on Gundam.info’s Youtube Channel!

What is it?

Gundam Build Fighters Try is one of TWO Gundam shows that will be airing this fall. It’s the sequel to last year’s fan favorite Gundam Build Fighters, one of NeoGaf’s Top 10 anime of 2013.

Why should I care?

Did you watch the original Gundam Build Fighters? If so, you should already know why you should be into this. If not, go ahead and check that out on Gundam.info’s Youtube channel. It’s a great show. Need more convincing? While, Gundam Build Fighters takes away the war story of your traditional Gundam show and instead throws the franchise into the world of competitive sport. You get all the great drama you can expect from fighting in a tournament setting as well as the joy of building plastic Gundam models. You also get some of the most well animated mecha fights you’ll find in modern anime.

What’s it about?

Set seven years after the original GBF, Try features a whole new group of heroes aiming to win the GunPla Battle World Championships. A lot has changed in seven years, including the basic rules of GunPla Battle. Competitors now must form teams of three, introducing a whole new dynamic of team work into the battle mix. Our heroes Seiho Academy’s Team TRY FIGHTERS must take on the competition to stand on top of the GunPla Battle Championship.

Staff
Studio: Sunrise (Gundam, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop)
Director:Shinya Watada
Writer: Yōsuke Kuroda (Gundam Build FIghers, Gundam 00, Gungrave, Hellsing Ultimate)
Mechanical Design: Kanetake Ebikawa (Gundam 00, Vandread, Full Metal Panic), Junya Ishigaki (Gundam Build Fighters, Macross Frontier, Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz)
Music: Yuuki Hayashi (Gundam Build Fighters, Blood Lad, Robotics;Notes), Asami Tachibana (Robotics;Notes, Soul Eater NOT!, Haikyuu!!)

Where/when can I watch

Unlike Reconguista in G, there’s currently an official channel for watching GBF Try. The show is streaming in many regions on Gundam.info’s official YouTube channel starting October 8. In Japan, it will be airing on TV Tokyo starting October 8.

Videos
[PV] [Trailer]

Want more mecha action?

Check out Gundam Reconguista in G airing at the same time. You can also visit NeoGaf’s Gundam franchise OT or just head on over to NeoGaf’s Anime OT.

yami4ct

Cast

Fumina Hoshino

Voiced by:Yui Makino

President of the Seiho Academy GunPla Club.

Sekai Kamiki

Voiced by:Kazumi Togashi

A GunPla Battle newbie. Trained martial artists who incorporates those moves into his fighting style.

Yuuma Kousaka

Voiced by:Yuuma Uchida

Gifted GunPla builder who has even won a Grand Prix in the Artistic Gunpla Contest.

Mecha

Winning Gundam
Piloted by: Fumina
Based on: SD WIng Gundam

Build Burning Gundam
Piloted by: Sekai
Based on: God Gundam

Lightning Gundam
Piloted by: Yuuma
Based on: Re-GZ(?)

At least its not a bear

That was forgivable as China was there simply to be a love interest for Sei and she didn't build her gunpla to battle but as an excuse to get closer to Sei. The new female lead we're supposed to take seriously as the club president and leader of the 3 man team in the world tournament... And she uses a goofy sd gundam which means no one will take her seriously both in show and irl :/

Looks pretty mediocre from the trailer.

Don't really remember the first season looking that good in pv's either

Acid08

Banned
GBF got me back into Gundam in a big way so I have fucking high hopes for this. Pls be good.

Already don't like that one of the main Gundams is an SD :/ the other two look cool though.

Well in Gundam tradition the main characters eventually have to upgrade their Gundams, maybe she will change from an SD Gundam to something better. And there better be tag teams as hype as Master Gundam and Gouf Custom in the GBF finale.

yami4ct

Sweet, one of the main dudes is repping the burning gundam.

I should check out that first season huh?

Yes you should. It's not my favorite show of all time, but the animation alone is a reason to check it out. It looks so good.

The Build Burning Gundam honestly isn't doing that much for me, even though I love the God/Shining Gundam, The square chest pice sort of hurts the sleekness of the original design. Colors aren't my favorite on it either. When it's got its full flame circle thing going on like the HG has, its pretty hype. Much more in love with the Lightning Gundam. We don't get nice, bulky transformable suits as much as we should. Also, it looks so good in that color scheme.

Well in Gundam tradition the main characters eventually have to upgrade their Gundams, maybe she will change from an SD Gundam to something better. And there better be tag teams as hype as Master Gundam and Gouf Custom in the GBF finale.

If it's anything like the original GBF, the main characters could be seeing like 3 different suits each. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they got 4 or more.

muu

According to the official site she switched from a Powered GM over to the SD for mobility reasons. There's a special place in many people's hearts for SDs, hopefully they do it justice.

Glad to see Ral-san making a comeback.

yami4ct

According to the official site she switched from a Powered GM over to the SD for mobility reasons. There's a special place in many people's hearts for SDs, hopefully they do it justice.

Glad to see Ral-san making a comeback.

Any word on Ral's VA? I saw on ANN that he was admitted to the hospital, but haven't seen an update since. Hope he's alright. Ral and his voice are legendary. :(

Bombless

I was disappointed by that as well, but the Winning Gundam does seem like it's going to be pretty cool. She's also Club President, so here's hoping she gets to be an actual character.
So she'll be called Club President by the other two the entire series in japanese and the subtitles will put her name instead.

They keep teasing G Gundam fans, first the the G name of Reconquista and now this :p . Hopefully the next traditional series follows G Gundam like storyline.

Jex

I really hope this isn't a rushed out, cash grab, cheaply put together and poorly written seqeul.

In other words, I hope this isn't Sunrise'd.

massoluk

Banned
Dear Sunrise, I didnt like your Build Knuckles x infinity nonsense, so you made the MC uses God Gundam just to spite me huh?

/still gonna watch it:/

duckroll

The fighter this time has actual martial arts training, so hopefully he won't just be punching blindly. Some actual combat moves would be nice.

rrc1594

Man I think this would make a fun video game. what was that game on the Gamecube where you build robots then fight in a arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom