• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam EXVS Force |Import OT| The stories about localization... It's true, all of it.

matmanx1

Does anyone know when it is going to release in US? I am waiting for the US release so hopefully it will persuade Namco Bandai for more Gundam vs games here. :)

Same. I've imported every single EX VS game since the PS3 days but am holding off for the localized version this time around. I hope Bandai doesn't take too long.

Planned Patch 1.04 contents too. Talgeese II and Virsago (+more!), more options in free battle for enemy/ally suits (and MA).

Yeah, patch updates will work. Dlc requires account switch.

So far only the 1.01 patch is the available for the English Asia version. Im running it on a NA PSN account.

Perfect, thank you! I can live without DLC.
I'm planning on getting the japanese version now that we can order from amazon. Price dropped 200 yen as soon as I added it to my cart!

im guessing barbatos is still unavailable since its dlc. though i'm assuming that still applies to course or free battle modes where it seems to say all machines are available regardless of progress.

Lacked a lot of features you'd expect from a port and gimped move sets. Some of it has been rectified via patch but the damage was huge.

Would you say its worth getting now? (it would be the Asian version btw if so)

IIRC was an English localisation announced, is it known if that is getting a physical version?

Update is today.

http://gamestalk.net/gundam-exvsf-13/

I like the thing on its back, whatever it is.

Looks like the final update, too. Unlike the previous ones where they announced a preview of sorts of the next, this one doesn't seem to have that.

I'm still praying for EXVS-Force 2 that is like this one. They actually did pretty well for the most part, IMO. >__>

How many babies do I have to offer? :(

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Update is today.

http://gamestalk.net/gundam-exvsf-13/

I like the thing on its back, whatever it is.

Looks like the final update, too. Unlike the previous ones where they announced a preview of sorts of the next, this one doesn't seem to have that.

I'm still praying for EXVS-Force 2 that is like this one. They actually did pretty well for the most part, IMO. >__>

How many babies do I have to offer? :(

Pretty nice unit there. Weird ass weapon though lol

muteki

Free Battle with bosses looks fun.

Some of the missions with bosses in the campaign mode had annoying time limits and other things that made them less than fun.

Had a few more hours in the game.

I like Exelia (I really wish they just simply named it Gundam Exelia instead of Extreme Gundam Exelia).

I dunno if this is something more common brought over from Maxi Boost (ON), but Exelia has moves with super armor. Specifically, the R+△ moves. A lot of her attacks have long animations, but are really strong in general.

Played the bottom 4 courses (default settings coz iNoob) and easily beat my score with her.

I love her Sphere Bits, or as I like to call it "Heart Bits". It will try to form a heart formation when used. When it reaches max range, they will stop and attempt to fire at target (it would also fail to do the heart formation). It has a long call animation so it's easy to cancel (both by enemy attack and boost dashing).

Her Croix des Zudens (I don't speak French >_>) feels really strong. I didn't bother to compare with other beam weaponry, but it seems to do a ton of damage and reloads quite fast. There's a charged version which gives her two gerobi attacks.

It's annoying that the Croix beam array is only in her Boost Dash melee.

Her normal melee doesn't seem special (found no variants like God Gundam), except for the Beam Saber (Dagger Mode) Throw, which gives her a stun.

Her Link RePhaser moves are more or less her signature moves. They all seem to have long startups but they all give her Super Armor at some point in their animations especially at startup. Normal is a AoE forced knockup (no damage but effect seems pretty good). Back is a gerobi. Side makes her release three orb projectiles in three directions.

The biggest highlight, however, is her forward Link RePhaser (sword dash). It has Super Armor on the entire duration (and has higher priority than most attacks?), can go quite far, has a really good tracking, and hits for a lot of damage. It can also hit multiple enemies if they are in the way between you and the target.

It kinda makes me cry how it has all that on top of being easy to pull off while something like Choukyuu Haou Den'ei Dan can easily get pewpew'd despite using it means disabling your melee attacks.

Her Links are pretty good IMO.
Lv 2: Boost Gauge 25% Up
Lv 3: Boost Cancel Cost 10% Reduction (I'm too noob-y to find this to be useful at Force Mode)
Lv 4: Melee Attacks 25% Up
Lv 5: All Attacks 20% Up
Lv MAX: 5% Endurance Recover for Each Kill

The last one is not so useful due to Force Commands, but +20% more damage on all attacks, and +45% damage on that Link Rephaser sword dash are very good.

It is kinda weird that you can only choose the four bosses in the official website. There's no Shamblo or Elmeth.

Also, some series have no "rival units" yet (which are mostly the ones added post-release), like Victory, 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, F91. It'd be nice if they can add some along with Shamblo/Elmeth, but as I mentioned before, I'd rather they further develop upon Force Mode and release a new game with some 400++ missions instead.

Is the game the the same as asian english version? No changes to bgm? Which is the first thing i look for (looking at you gundam muso games). If there are asian version is similar price and i think ill just go for that.

TRI Mike

Is the game really worth 40 burgerbucks¿ I'm a huge Gundam fan but AFAIK, a lot of people complained with the original Japanese version. Don't wanna waste my money if it's a lackluster game.

So I think the only vs Gundam game I played was Federation vs Zeon and I really loved that game. I understand the combat of the series is largely the same/refined, but does this game have or did any of the others contain a campaign mode like the first game?

I'm so conflicted...

On one hand, I love Gundam so I want to buy at full price in order to show support so maybe we'll get more games in the future.

On the other hand, Vita games don't sell well so this will be going on sale relatively soon. I think I'll wait for the first big discount before buying.

Is the game really worth 40 burgerbucks¿ I'm a huge Gundam fan but AFAIK, a lot of people complained with the original Japanese version. Don't wanna waste my money if it's a lackluster game.

It does come with all of the DLC and updates they got. It's arguably a better value than the original.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is it confirmed that the western version has already all the patches and dlcs since d1? And what's the final consensus with all the content?

I'm so conflicted...

On one hand, I love Gundam so I want to buy at full price in order to show support so maybe we'll get more games in the future.

On the other hand, Vita games don't sell well so this will be going on sale relatively soon. I think I'll wait for the first big discount before buying.

If they don't sell well why do you think developers keep developing and localizing vita games? ;)

SMK

Bought the game and tried it out for a little bit. Never owned the Asian version but I want to say it's Identical to it, right down to the song titles being in Japanese.

As someone who only really plays the Versus games by himself and splitscreen offline, what I've played so far really hits the spot.

I'm also glad some of the default music are some of my favorites, so fewer songs to replace with custom tunes.

Is it confirmed that the western version has already all the patches and dlcs since d1? And what's the final consensus with all the content?

It's a kinda-sorta nice but won't really satisfy anybody. A lot of the update *seems* to be made to appease the arcade crowd, while they barely added any content to the main mode (as someone who liked the Force mode a lot, I think the number of mission/focus is very lacking).

At the same time, I thought it was a pretty nice "first game" for what they tried to do. If Force will have a second game, I'd be pretty up for it. But hopefully, they go from 100 missions to something like 400. Bleh, we all know it won't happen.

I do have a wall-of-text impression post to the game that I actually started writing around end of January but never bothered posting. >____>

P.S. the 1.04 update do feel lacking - not all bosses are available in Free Battle, for example.

P.P.S. It was awesome having ship captains telling you the situation of the other squads.

When are they going to add Rafta in Maxi Boost On? Hopefully not in that shit throwaway grunt MS in the latter half. Rafta v Mika is easily the best fight in Tekketsu.

JKTrix

You do have to download the update file separately, though. What you get when you buy and download it is just version 1.00

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wait does the JPN version of this have the actual licensed tracks like EX VS extreme / maxi boost?

Because if yes will the localized version have them?

Top Bottom