• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam EXVS Force |Import OT| The stories about localization... It's true, all of it.

Holy crap at that Amazon Japan price! I'm heading to Japan next month, so I'll pick it up if I can find a cheap new/used copy.

I'll double dip for future NA releases...

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
13 hours in and halfway through Act 4, which I think is the last one. Haven't unlocked everything yet. Still need to get Wing Zero and the Archangel. Difficulty is nice and everything is TM Revolution now. I'm going to get a new capture card tomorrow and I'll upload some levels when I can.

Zudah has been culled. :(

Also, anyone know of a jp wiki that has the haro medal requirements? My lack of moonspeak is only getting me so far in brute forcing some of these medals now, hah.

Yeah I saw on the OHP D: Cant get my scrub on lol. Then again acguy is pretty awesome, though the general damage output kinda falls off against the stronger units. lol

Let me check for jp wikis now.

There does not seem to be any one that actually has info filled out. Guess the poor reception killed off any ones desire to make one at the moment. There is like 1 or 2 up but those dont really have any information in them. D:

JKTrix

I can take a few screenshots of the ones I've figured out, but if there's something in particular you want you can let me know which mission it is
uQiHSRZ.png

oydWt4R.png

The most straightforward.
6Ga9eYy.png

Was pretty upset that Riddhe got the last hit on this mission after I did all the heavy work, lol. If you know Katakana, you can kind of swap in unit names wherever it shows up. Neo Zeong is just the example here.
eviQWOK.png

I haven't actually completed any of these missions that ask you to kill X number of MS units yet. Might be finishing them or capturing the bases too quickly.
QlxtvbY.png

Again, knowledge of Katakana will help here, as these units are interchangeable. 'Win using X suit', 'beat Y suit while using X suit'
P6U26Od.jpg

Shamblo is the example used here, but it's usually your home battleship. It'll either be named specifically, or just have the kanji for battleship. I think it will still count if you use the force command to heal units before the mission ends.
For the base capture one, all bases have to be captured at the time of mission completion. If you already captured all bases, but then an enemy captures a base back before you finish, it won't count.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So, bomba first week according to Famitsu:
06./00. [PSV] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2015.12.23} (¥7.344) - 69.985 / NEW <40-60%>

Previous entries first week (MediaCreate):
01./00. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2014.01.30} (¥7.980) - 266.297 / NEW <60-80%>
---
02./00. [PS3] Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2011.12.01} (¥8.380) - 349.756 / NEW
---
03./00. [PSP] Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam Vs. Gundam Next Plus (Namco Bandai) - 222.985 / NEW
---
03./00. [PSP] Gundam vs. Gundam (Namco Bandai) - 266,932 / NEW

Start button skips!

I'm on world 4 now too, there's one mission where i have to kill Psycho Gundam but she keeps dropkicking my ship, making the mission fail. Maybe I have to babysit the ship movement.
Good to know, will make good use of it :D

I can take a few screenshots of the ones I've figured out, but if there's something in particular you want you can let me know which mission it is
uQiHSRZ.png

oydWt4R.png

The most straightforward.
6Ga9eYy.png

Was pretty upset that Riddhe got the last hit on this mission after I did all the heavy work, lol. If you know Katakana, you can kind of swap in unit names wherever it shows up. Neo Zeong is just the example here.
eviQWOK.png

I haven't actually completed any of these missions that ask you to kill X number of MS units yet. Might be finishing them or capturing the bases too quickly.
QlxtvbY.png

Again, knowledge of Katakana will help here, as these units are interchangeable. 'Win using X suit', 'beat Y suit while using X suit'
P6U26Od.jpg

Shamblo is the example used here, but it's usually your home battleship. It'll either be named specifically, or just have the kanji for battleship. I think it will still count if you use the force command to heal units before the mission ends.
For the base capture one, all bases have to be captured at the time of mission completion. If you already captured all bases, but then an enemy captures a base back before you finish, it won't count.
This is useful too, thanks!
Although the problem I'm having is that I can't even pick the symbols apart as they are too small for me D:

muteki

So, bomba first week according to Famitsu:

Previous entries first week (MediaCreate):

Good to know, will make good use of it :D

This is useful too, thanks!
Although the problem I'm having is that I can't even pick the symbols apart as they are too small for me D:

They should have left Ex Vs out of the title and sold it as a Gundam Battle game. And the text is indeed horrific, though legible mostly. Can't understand the need for such low resolution menus.

I'm working my way through Area 2 though taking my sweet time trying to get all the Haro medals as I can along the way. Some are pretty difficult, and I'm putting them off until my links are upgraded some more.

TreIII

At the rate this game's prices are being slashed, anybody who's really interested in this game could probably save money by importing, over buying donestic!

Shouta

How did I miss this thread?

I've been busy with Exist Archive and Dai Gyakuten Saiban so I haven't put too much time into Force. I'm in the middle of Act 4 though. That said, my biggest complaint is definitely the lack of modes other than Force and ad-hoc multi. That's just really dumb not to include Free Battle or a score attack/time trial. If it's supposed to be a single player focused game, it needs to have enough content for the player to keep coming back to it like Next+ did.

Move sets being reduced is a little annoying. Most units have their sets lowered by one or two moves because Special Melee was removed but it's not as huge as you'd think. For example, Heine's Destiny has everything the regular Destiny has though functionality is reduced because it's a 2500 cost. CSb is a sword toss that stuns instead of a gerobi. Hyakushiki seems to have everything other than its assist calls which makes sense because it's a game where you have tons of allies too, lol.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I don't think anyone should be surprised after the poor critical reception.

I'll probably buy it just to have another Gundam game but what I really wanted was Maxi on PS4.
We all wanted that :(

They should have left Ex Vs out of the title and sold it as a Gundam Battle game. And the text is indeed horrific, though legible mostly. Can't understand the need for such low resolution menus.

I'm working my way through Area 2 though taking my sweet time trying to get all the Haro medals as I can along the way. Some are pretty difficult, and I'm putting them off until my links are upgraded some more.
Yeah, like pointed out earlier, had the game not have EXVS on the title it would've likely done better. Or if they weren't such bums and actually added 2v2.

How did I miss this thread?
Because it's dead.

Like the game.

#dead

Might be a bit late, but for anyone looking for Haro Medal objective translations (I use the word loosely here), I made a google Drive spreadsheet of all of them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QQOfoGXW7AmM3szNMjkmYHP03CThCHtPmAmsPEZ1FzI/edit?usp=sharing

Any feedback, suggestions, or corrections are welcome.
Oh this is awesome, thanks for doing it, will definitely make use of it when I pick up the game again in a couple of days :D
We also need donkey to come back and add it to the OP

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Bandai Namco released a 1.02 update today, which Free Battle mode and one new mission.

Update 1.03 which is going to be released later adds a whole bunch of new mobile suits, customizable controls, Course Battle mode etc.

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/28097989.html

Edit:
Beaten!

Grabbing the game today (2k yen) before it jumps up in price.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I just thought that going to a regular store is a waste of money, so I got in on Amazon. Under 2k price with tax included and same day delivery. Kind of excited!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So online battle will be patched in, hopefully?
Probably not. I say if they were planning on including it, they would've already said so. With God Eater 2 they started talking about the online mode patch about a year before it was implemented.
With XVF it seems like they're aiming to make it a more complete single player package.

Jubern

Price has already increased, I waited a tad too long because I was busy and it's now 2500¥.

The thirst for Free Battle is REAL.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Price has already increased, I waited a tad too long because I was busy and it's now 2500¥.

The thirst for Free Battle is REAL.
Wow, I'm happy that I didn't wait longer before pulling the trigger.

Nice! Glad Course Battle is coming back as well. I wonder if they're going to add more modes in the VS Extend menu since it will hold both Free Battle and Course Battle.

Parakeetman

Glad to see they got off their asses and did something. You would imagine the game wouldnt have had a big of an asskicking if they just had it in from the start. Kinda crazy since its not like this is a bad game at all.

muteki

Well this is a nice surprise.

~1 month after launch is either really good turn around for testing and cert., or really poor messaging around launch on their part.

Parakeetman

Well this is a nice surprise.

~1 month after launch is either really good turn around for testing and cert., or really poor messaging around launch on their part.

Considering how they pretty much damaged the "title" itself and hurt a lot of businesses that ordered the game due to the massive price cuts which were had. Id say someone screwed up big time. And OH BOY was a massive cock-up it was.

Had a go at Free Battle at lunch. The same thing as expected but it does add a lot if you just want to 2 v 2 the old fashioned way. And of course you have the CPU teammate actions as well. Maybe in v 1.03 they'll add Force to Free Battle.

Btw donkey show did you see in Gundam Breaker 3 my Zudah is gonna be in it? :D

You can make your very own Full Armor Zudah now!

muteki

Free Battle Force mode would be amazing if you could simply turn the mission timer off and up the difficulty. So many missions in story mode that I have to rush through like crazy because of the ridiculous timer.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Woo, got a code from the Blood Orphans BD from a friend who said she doesn't need it.

The new update added 10 minutes of single player gameplay for someone like me who sucks (took about 5~ tries with God Gundam). Oh, 15 if you include the download time and the need to insert the card.

Didn't even have Haro Medals.

Seriously, though. They should be making effort on a sequel (to Force/single player focused versus) instead of updates. Fuck them if they won't make any sequel.

kubricks

Great, it is at least a step in the right direction!
And..... GP02A! Finally!

The new update added 10 minutes of single player gameplay for someone like me who sucks (took about 5~ tries with God Gundam). Oh, 15 if you include the download time and the need to insert the card.

Didn't even have Haro Medals.

Seriously, though. They should be making effort on a sequel (to Force/single player focused versus) instead of updates. Fuck them if they won't make any sequel.

Well, come on now.... OG SF2 takes about 15mins to finish too, that doesn't stop me from from playing it again and again for 3 years lol. XD

Seriously though, the title of the game offended the EXVS crown so much whatever they do will get the automatic "fuck you" anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Seriously though, the title of the game offended the EXVS crown so much whatever they do will get the automatic "fuck you" anyway.
People might still be angry, but this doesn't change the fact that it keeps slowly rising in price on Amazon, currently being sold for more than 2500 yen, while it started at ~1990 around noon yesterday.

I'm really curious to see how high it'll go.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picked this up. Found it new for 1900 yen at a Geo. Wouldn't be surprised if it was even cheaper elsewhere.

So is the only way to get barbatos on the asia english version via redeeming the code in an Asian PSN account? Is there an unlockable one in the game that doesnt require the code?

kubricks

Any news on 1.03 patch? or any DLC news?
I loved the game but there is just so much you can do with the minimal content. If I have to wait for another month for the Arcade mode I guess I might just put it down and never come back.

Parakeetman

So is the only way to get barbatos on the asia english version via redeeming the code in an Asian PSN account? Is there an unlockable one in the game that doesnt require the code?

basically with anything dlc related that is not an actual update, requires the user to be connected to said psn account for the specified region to obtain / claim said dlc

Any news on 1.03 patch? or any DLC news?
I loved the game but there is just so much you can do with the minimal content. If I have to wait for another month for the Arcade mode I guess I might just put it down and never come back.

Probably next week when the Mack Knife gets released on March 9? While not Force gameplay, Bamco have just released a Mack Knife gameplay trailer for Maxi Boost ON (also mentions Mack Knife for Force): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6OOcqUl9yE

Zapages

Does anyone know when it is going to release in US? I am waiting for the US release so hopefully it will persuade Namco Bandai for more Gundam vs games here. :)

JKTrix

I imagine they're waiting for the big patch coming soon that adds several features before they release it here. I thought they said February, but that was always the 'Asian' version

Top Bottom