• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam EXVS Force |Import OT| The stories about localization... It's true, all of it.

JKTrix

So far, music seems intact. I don't remember if the Japanese version included vocal songs and I'm only up to Zeta in the NA version, but they are using non-vocal Gundam music. Not the random stuff like we saw in the Dynasty Warriors games.

And you can use custom soundtrack.

JKTrix

They don't talk to each other. Too bad.

IjnyHBf.jpg

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
It's a kinda-sorta nice but won't really satisfy anybody. A lot of the update *seems* to be made to appease the arcade crowd, while they barely added any content to the main mode (as someone who liked the Force mode a lot, I think the number of mission/focus is very lacking).

At the same time, I thought it was a pretty nice "first game" for what they tried to do. If Force will have a second game, I'd be pretty up for it. But hopefully, they go from 100 missions to something like 400. Bleh, we all know it won't happen.

I do have a wall-of-text impression post to the game that I actually started writing around end of January but never bothered posting. >____>

P.S. the 1.04 update do feel lacking - not all bosses are available in Free Battle, for example.

P.P.S. It was awesome having ship captains telling you the situation of the other squads.

When are they going to add Rafta in Maxi Boost On? Hopefully not in that shit throwaway grunt MS in the latter half. Rafta v Mika is easily the best fight in Tekketsu.

Unless they flat-out lied in their own trailer, yes it's confirmed.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tYdHHjHnI64

Thanks guys :)

PS:
ATXAlchemy post it!

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Double Dipped
I'm tempted, might soon join you in that club...
even though I've barely played the JPN version I bought on release

I'm tempted to buy this......

ohh man

It's either this game or Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

I think LANCARSE did pretty good in a lot of "core stuff" in this game, but if you have to choose only one, I'd say go for Cyber Sleuth because Cyber Sleuth 2 needs to happen and Media.Vision's work on CS was awesome.

Wait does the JPN version of this have the actual licensed tracks like EX VS extreme / maxi boost?

Because if yes will the localized version have them?

So far, music seems intact. I don't remember if the Japanese version included vocal songs and I'm only up to Zeta in the NA version, but they are using non-vocal Gundam music. Not the random stuff like we saw in the Dynasty Warriors games.

And you can use custom soundtrack.

If they remove any sound tracks, you'd have series with no music at all, LOL.

Custom soundtrack has a big usability problem.

How many areas are there in the game?

PS: ATXAlchemy post it!

I'll fix it up when I get home. Still has lots of trash since it was made before/during updates.

Ken

wow i totally forgot this came out for NA. might pick it up with MHG since i have no one to play EXVS FB with me :(

1emons

Neo Member
Is there an update that I'm supposed to download or is free battle unlocked after a certain point in the main mode?

Is there an update that I'm supposed to download or is free battle unlocked after a certain point in the main mode?

Free Battle and Course Battle (Arcade) are only available in updates. 1.02 and 1.03 respectively.

They are under the Extend Mode.

1emons

Neo Member
The reason I'm asking if there's a title update that isn't popping up for me is because my game is on version 1.0 and I don't see anything in the menu called Extend Mode. All I see in the main menu is Extreme Force, Data Base, Force Battle and Option.

JKTrix

You have to update it separately. It's not bundled in the initial download. Go 'home' on the Vita and you should see the orange update bubble on the game page.

Re: soundtrack removal, I mentioned the DW Gundam games. They just replaced the soundtrack wholesale with some other generic music. The Dragonball games also used to do that (not sure if they still do, haven't paid attention for a few years)--Japanese versions have songs from the anime, English versions get something else. I'm not familiar with other licensed anime products that might have also done this, so it's nice that they at least kept some of the original Gundam series tunes in the English version of Force.

1emons

Neo Member
I've been saying that the update bubble isn't showing up on the game page for me, but thanks for confirming there should have been one there.

I guess something is wrong with my PSTV after doing the whitelist hack a long time ago.

Edit: Got the update after downloading the entire bundle from the store page instead of the download list.

matmanx1

Oh wow, I completely forgot this was coming out in the US on the 12th. I even have $40 worth of PSN credit sitting in my account. The only downside is I have very little video game time these days and what time I do have I have been playing Overwatch on the PC with a friend.

Will probably pick this up at some point in the future though. Handheld Gundam localized on the Vita is too good an opportunity to pass up.

Totally missed that this was released. Kinda torn, I want to buy it just to support the western release of Gundam games, but the impressions from the Japanese launch were pretty terrible, and the few reviews for the western release aren't very good either.

Top Bottom