• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

Sakura

Aegis & Justice missing is kinda strange considering all the other SEED inclusions. Probably just DLC. Pay $200 to make game complete.
I mean I guess it makes sense to have characters people might actually want to pay for as DLC. But still, missing major characters like that kind of just makes me want to wait for the next version.

Emouse

something about OT being 3 times better than other OTs

Didn't realise this was out so soon, may import or may just wait till September, I've only played the trial of this and whichever version got released on the vita in the west but I've always wanted to get into it so I guess now is the time!

Bebpo

Banned
So I didn't notice at first but there's way more strikers for series than there are units. Like IBO has a ton of grunts that aren't playable. I wonder if they'll convert some of these grunts to playable with dlc.

Also I like the Silver Sumo way more than the Gold Sumo in terms of move lists, yet Silver is 200 and Gold is 300, hmmm....

So I didn't notice at first but there's way more strikers for series than there are units. Like IBO has a ton of grunts that aren't playable. I wonder if they'll convert some of these grunts to playable with dlc.

Also I like the Silver Sumo way more than the Gold Sumo in terms of move lists, yet Silver is 200 and Gold is 300, hmmm....
Yeah, there's currently around 180 strikers.

Damn, I didn't realize this release was so soon. It sneaked up on me completely.

Unfortunately I might have to wait for a bit before picking it up.
The fucking scam artists running my son's kindergarten jacked up their fees by like 40% out of nowhere and I probably shouldn't spend the cash on any games until pay day...

I did just buy a used copy of Nioh though and ended up not really being in the mood for a Souls style game at the moment. Maybe I will just trade that back in to pick up Gundam...

Hmm....

edit: oh forgot about one question I did have: Legacy arcade stick support?

Damn, I didn't realize this release was so soon. It sneaked up on me completely.

Unfortunately I might have to wait for a bit before picking it up.
The fucking scam artists running my son's kindergarten jacked up their fees by like 40% out of nowhere and I probably shouldn't spend the cash on any games until pay day...

I did just buy a used copy of Nioh though and ended up not really being in the mood for a Souls style game at the moment. Maybe I will just trade that back in to pick up Gundam...

Hmm....

edit: oh forgot about one question I did have: Legacy arcade stick support?

Peeps have been playing with their PS3 sticks. When you go to the controller settings, it asks if you're using a PS4 or PS3 controller.

Peeps have been playing with their PS3 sticks. When you go to the controller settings, it asks if you're using a PS4 or PS3 controller.

That's good to hear at least and makes me want to throw money at them actually.
My custom HRAP3 still works fine and I have no interest in throwing 100 bones down on a stick I don't really need.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ameijin/Hot Scramble gives me life. Hope we see more Build Fighter units.

f81thrA.png

(´・ω・`)?

I went normal. I'll go Full G when I opt for a disc later this year.

That means I'll have three copies of the game.

And these dudes can't even put in a LAN or split the screen for me.

I am too kind to you, NB.

ranmafan

Well I've got to play a bit today already and first thing is I am just absolutely horrible online. I think out of 40 matches I've won maybe 4 or 5. I really need to work on my skills. I think I'm trying to be way to agressive which opens me up to easy counter attacks. But as always with this series fantastic game. Love every bit of it. Though I'm wondering why the battle record is not updating the player match data? Also wish the premium g sound edition had already preset the extra songs to the series instead of having you have to do it.

But yeah I'm glad I got this today. Not feeling well, but it's helping me get better since I can rest along with enjoying it.

ranmafan

No-stat recording seems to be the default option for room creation, now. So unless it's specified in the room details, your winrate and games won't be getting tallied.

Ok that makes sense. Annoying but so is the no win/lose records on casual matches. Also I'm basically just playing casual matches anyway as thats the best way to get into a game I've found.

question: If I buy the game from the JP store with my JP account, can I play online with NA PS+? What about DLCs? If I buy DLC with JP account, can I access them with NA account?

ranmafan

question: If I buy the game from the JP store with my JP account, can I play online with NA PS+? What about DLCs? If I buy DLC with JP account, can I access them with NA account?

You can play games from other regions on the us account and you should be able to use the Dlc from the Japanese account too on it as well. im not sure if there is any other steps you have to take. I've always heard something about the accounts being master accounts to the system or what not, but I'm not sure about that. Perhaps someone else here may know. But yeah should be no problem. I've had no issues getting games and dlc from my us account here in Japan and playing them on my main Japanese account.

DunpealD

Loving the jobber units. Might see myself playing them even more than the main cast.
Guntank has one hell of a "walkspeed", it probably can even outrun some beam rifles and it looks like if you can hit with the Core Fighter, the opponents gets flung over your head, when close enough, switching sides.

EDIT:
Guntank is awesome.

tumblr_n4t07sAkhJ1sv7t4wo1_500.gif

x9XJkdj.gif

Guntank was the unit I was most looking forward to. Was my boy in Federation vs. Zeon, glad to see it being so dope.

aitakute

I need to ask, I used the codes that came with the game and got Barbatos Lupus and the orange gundam but can't find Virtue anywhere. Am I missing something?

Self edit: Just found out it isn't available yet

JKTrix

I was going for Gihren last night, and finally did the prerequisite to unlock him...but he costs 50,000 GP (in-game currency). I have nowhere near that. Haven't been playing online much at all either, which seems like the best way to get GP.

ranmafan

How much of tje Japanese version is english? Are all the menus easily understandable?

While there are some English words in the menus, mainly the main topics like "play," "mobile suit," "settings," etc, all the rest of the menus are in Japanese. Information like how to unlock emblems and titles are completely in Japanese. I think quickly there will be menu translations for those that need it. It won't be hard to get around the game for those that don't know Japanese once they get the game. Other than that of course the voices are in Japanese. It's not a very intensive Japanese title, except for the unlock information but those arent so bad to be honest as you can actually see that info in very basic one word English on the mobile suit selection screen as well as the longer i go in Japanese.

Gunkankun

While there are some English words in the menus, mainly the main topics like "play," "mobile suit," "settings," etc, all the rest of the menus are in Japanese. Information like how to unlock emblems and titles are completely in Japanese. I think quickly there will be menu translations for those that need it. It won't be hard to get around the game for those that don't know Japanese once they get the game. Other than that of course the voices are in Japanese. It's not a very intensive Japanese title, except for the unlock information but those arent so bad to be honest as you can actually see that info in very basic one word English on the mobile suit selection screen as well as the longer i go in Japanese.

Thank you! Ill check the eu prices and maybe jump on it. Loved the ps3 game

Difference is about 15 euros, some guess work and 2,5 months earlier access.. hmm..

Zoanoid33

Got a lot to learn in this game. Sucks all my favorite suits are at least 400 cost too. If anyone wants to show me the ropes or at least let me learn by getting my ass kicked my psn is Castroman33.

ranmafan

I'm so bad at this game that I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

That's me too. I have maybe ten wins out of a hundred matches. The players online are just so insanely good. Also doesn't help that I still play the game the same way I played the single player mode of federation vs Zion DX, aggressive as much as I can. Which isn't the best way to play it appears. Still I'm starting to see improvement, but I wish i was better at it. I guess it will just take time and practice

Top Bottom