• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

Beckx

I'm so bad at this game that I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

generally it's your partners who will do the crying ^^

heh. don't worry, unless you're like me you have hope of eventually becoming better. If not, do what I do, I just pretend I'm Iok Kujan and you're all dying on my behalf.

That's me too. I have maybe ten wins out of a hundred matches. The players online are just so insanely good. Also doesn't help that I still play the game the same way I played the single player mode of federation vs Zion DX, aggressive as much as I can. Which isn't the best way to play it appears. Still I'm starting to see improvement, but I wish i was better at it. I guess it will just take time and practice

Depends on the suit. I've learned that after I get a knockdown I should immediately get ready to dodge something because people will do shit on wake up. If I catch them that's a free combo!

Shouta

Getting wins with Guntank is pretty damn fun. It's just hard because his mobility is soooooo shit but man, his firepower is nuts for a 200 cost unit.

ranmafan

Depends on the suit. I've learned that after I get a knockdown I should immediately get ready to dodge something because people will do shit on wake up. If I catch them that's a free combo!

Yeah it really does. This since I'm really trying to play more online and all, I've mostly had my matches set to have random mobile suits. Gives me a chance to test out quite a lot quickly. Found some nice ones so far. I do love playing the game a lot. Reminds me of the arcade days back in 2001 where I would play a few rounds of federation vs zeon every few days. And then be destroyed beyond belief by the Japanese pros. Fun times those were, fun times!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I still have yet to find something that replaces my zudah ・゜・(つД`)・゜・

Got the baller edition, just trying now to find the time to play. Definitely won't be this weekend since I have to be out of town again :/.

Shouta

Man, Strike Gundam got a real power up in this game. It's a lot better than he was FB/MB/MBON. Providence is pretty interesting too.

GP02A feels like he can go in a little more with his upgrades and I guess if I can find a good assist he could be better than he was.

I don't know much about the series as a whole, but I did like Wing when that was a thing. As someone who would be willing to learn about each Gundam through a product like this, I'm a bit miffed about it not including everything/one. Any chance of that happening with dlc or are there simply too many to bother with?

Because I'd pay... which again, would be coming from someone not all that versed in the series. Is that weird?

Is there anyway to create a 1v1 friend lobby? Being told by a friend we are out of luck but this seems like a mistake and there must be a way.. right?

ranmafan

I don't know much about the series as a whole, but I did like Wing when that was a thing. As someone who would be willing to learn about each Gundam through a product like this, I'm a bit miffed about it not including everything/one. Any chance of that happening with dlc or are there simply too many to bother with?

Because I'd pay... which again, would be coming from someone not all that versed in the series. Is that weird?

Oh I'm sure there's going to be a ton of dlc, especially since there are some series missing, and plenty of major mobile suits left to add. How soon and how many suits they do we shall see.

And I don't think you're wanting to buy more even if you're not versed in the series is weird at all. We all want more suits in the game. I was just thinking last night about if we will see Gundam X or G Gundam DLC. This is a fantastic game, even for non gundam fans. You really don't have to be a fan to love this game, but being one makes it even more fun. This series, as well as the gundam ghirens ambition series (which sadly has been on the shelf since the psp days), are two of the best and most fun game series not only from gundam but from both anime licensed game works and just Japanese gaming period. Shows gundam does have its share of good games.

I'm really contemplating downloading the JP version... The lust to become a Gundam is too strong.

Would I be able to play online with my US plus account?

Might be time to try this out with my fightstick. Gotta find the layout that makes the most sense to my brain.

Im using the default for stick, it kinda works but still takes getting used to.

Played Kimaris all last night. Such a crap raged attack from a distance but man I love that melee combo. Felt good boosting up to a Nu gundam with Ranged+Melee then going straight into Boost+Melee for that smash down.

Definitely need to work on my boost management though. Anyone got tips for that? Can't wait for work to end so I can try Jesta online. -im so scared!-

But yeah I agree this game is light on single player but it kinda always was. I do miss the mission mode from the PS3 era where you can level up slightly RPG like. Hopefully there is enough FREE dlc incoming because I know there are extra trials coming... but... for now I'd recommend this simply for the Versus fans.
I would say I get some street fighter 5 vibes from this release... but not entirely that bad.

I'm not super into Gundam, but I love Mechs and Fighting games where you can fly in the air, like the Tenkaichi and Raging Blast games.
So this should be nice for me, right?

Bummer it's gamestop exclusive in Germany (physical).
But i will buy for sure.

What about the vocal tracks? I know they could be removed there, because of licensing stuff. Is there an asia english version, with the vocal tracks included?

Whew, some of comments here had me worried they might have cut some of my favorite suits. I just had a glance over the list and the only suit I used to use which seems missing is Astray Red Frame. I'll miss swinging around a building sized katana but I will count myself lucky he's the only one missing.

As long as my boy Heavyarms is here I'm good to go. How does he stack up to his previous forms? He always felt tricky to use but pretty effective if you could out-zone your opponent.

Planning to pick up the game after work today as long as I get off at a decent hour.

Bebpo

Banned
Seems like there may be some bugs still needing patched out. Popped the game in and did 15 stage survival with Wing Zero, online mode. Got to stage 5 and it tried to do the MP bonus stage and found 3 other players, then it had a lost connection on the loading screen and went back to normal solo survival wave 6, but after I killed the enemies it just sat for like 3 mins trying to load the next wave, then after them I sat for 5 mins and it just couldn't load the next wave and I could run around with my partner AI but no enemies every showed and I couldn't pause the game or quit out so I had to just use the OS to hard close the game. Was weird.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
If I buy the JP version and the US version, will the same save work on both? Edit looks like this is a no.
Edit feel free to add me psn is the same as here. Just put Gundam in the reason.
Edit 3: downloading now.

Quick someone call my phone and pretend to be my son's kindergarten or something.

I love my job and all but I can't stop thinking about getting out and picking this game up later. haha.

At least I work at a company where I can sit here watching gameplay videos all day and no one can or will say anything. ;D

Received my copy yesterday but I've been working until now.
DLCs aren't region lock but both game and DLCs need to be on the same region.

I'm playing this game on my NA account btw.

PS. For those who POed this game. They will release Gundam Virtue DLC by the end of this month.

DbhnY4T.jpg

4yD5q2R.jpg

DticzLw.jpg

hsMKY1f.jpg

EAIC9Eh.jpg

ZSvScFX.jpg

2FkcaST.jpg

Ou3UGer.jpg

HqpEBOH.jpg

tIZacUl.jpg

Forgot this game came out today... Damn I might just download it. Will probably get NA physical.

What is the best way to get this digitally in the states?

Luigi87

Forgot this game came out today... Damn I might just download it. Will probably get NA physical.

What is the best way to get this digitally in the states?

If you want the JP version digitally, best thing to do is buy JP PSN points from Play-Asia.

Bebpo

Banned
Just got home. Will put up a gaf room in a few mins if anyone wants to join. I am beyond terrible at this series despite playing it since the ps2 days.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Just got home. Will put up a gaf room in a few mins if anyone wants to join. I am beyond terrible at this series despite playing it since the ps2 days.
I was playing ~2 hours ago and the servers were dying all around. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Ok, wtf is there no way to do password protected private rooms? At best you can do a friend room where only people on your friendslist can join? This sucks.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, wtf is there no way to do password protected private rooms? At best you can do a friend room where only people on your friendslist can join? This sucks.
Yeah, I was trying to make a room with friend slots etc., but it seems that the only 2 options are "open for everyone" or "friends only".

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, I was trying to make a room with friend slots etc., but it seems that the only 2 options are "open for everyone" or "friends only".

What's your PSN nickname?

My PSN is bebpo, if anyone wants to play tonight, feel free to add me. I have a friendlist only room up right now.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What's your PSN nickname?

My PSN is bebpo, if anyone wants to play tonight, feel free to add me. I have a friendlist only room up right now.
Niiro-Matsuki

I have the game running will jump in a second.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Weird, I assumed you can join "Friends Only" rooms if you're friends with the host, but I don't see it in the friend room search. Could I get an invite?

Top Bottom