• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

I think it is worth it as just a pure arcade game.

But you had me curious about Breaker 3... So I see there's an English subtitles version, but what about menus? And I see a version with a bunch of dlc and people saying it's on the disc. That true?

Thanks.
I don't have the break edition, but I'm pretty sure it's on disc. If not you'd only need to make an Asia PSN to download it, which is pretty straightforward. As long as you get the Asia version it's all translated.

For someone looking for a solo experience Breaker is by far the way to go. But if your brother is the kinda guy who can just keep playing Street Fighter arcade mode over and over and be content then I guess you couldn't go wrong either way. Personally I think this game is a lot better than Breaker, but it'd drive me nuts only doing the sp.

I ain’t even paying attention to who I’m talking to

Neiteio

I’ve had a great deal of fun with the single player modes, but I’ve also been playing the Gundam Vs series since the original one on the Dreamcast and find them cathartic. I’ve only played 25 online matches. The Trial and Ultimate Battle modes have been very fun.
I think my brother might like it then. He's someone who likes to play his PS4 in single-player maybe for a half-hour tops. He'd enjoy just picking his favorite mech and fighting CPUS in an arena battle, I imagine.

I think my brother might like it then. He's someone who likes to play his PS4 in single-player maybe for a half-hour tops. He'd enjoy just picking his favorite mech and fighting CPUS in an arena battle, I imagine.
I had fun doing that until online took over my soul.

He'll like it.

Kalentan

I feel like some of the DLC Suit's need some nerfing. Though I think the Exia needs the most, it's almost too quick.

Also they need to nerf that one Striker... I don't know which one it is but it's the one that's a big guy that appears and just instantly shoots a massive fucking beam across the entire map. It's crazy strong.

A lot of the big Zeon suits have that mega particle shotgun thing, sazabi, kshatriya, nightingale. Maybe it's just me, but all of them are some butt cheeks. It's not anything new but whenever I play another suit that has one of those I can't help but wonder why they even bother giving them such a shitty move.

I feel like some of the DLC Suit's need some nerfing. Though I think the Exia needs the most, it's almost too quick.

Also they need to nerf that one Striker... I don't know which one it is but it's the one that's a big guy that appears and just instantly shoots a massive fucking beam across the entire map. It's crazy strong.
Exia is a good suit, but he's more annoying than he is strong. As far as the DLC suits go the only one I think that's in need of any real work (at least from what I've directly experienced) is AGE; he's got a hardware store worth of tools for a 300. And that ninja shit in sparrow mode feels like it's really hard to stop, like my partner will get caught in it and I'll just be sitting there whiffing shots cause of how far and fast he moves for every hit.

Probably Kshatriya on the striker and I agree. The striker system is a nice idea to try and level the playing field for all the suits so you don't have some with assist moves and some without, but it's inherently flawed. At the very least the strikers shouldn't be anything more than utility, i.e. not letting a melee suit plop Kshatriya's AC onto the field and blast off a quarter of someones hp. Twice.

Kalentan

I wonder what the next batch of DLC will be >.>
Almost the end of the month now so we should start getting some hints or leaks soon

If the next DLC isn't Strike Freedom or the Justice I'm going to cry. :(

They need to make a huge SEED/DESTINY pack that includes:

Strike Freedom
Justice
Infinite Justice
Impluse
Destiny
Akatsuki
Legend
Savior
Gaia
Abyss
Chaos
TMF/A-803 LaGOWE

What are some good Gundam and Strikers for beginner?
I don't think I completely suck, but there is still a huge skill / experience (playtime) gap. Most of the people are super fast, know exactly when to shoot (so it hits), predicting my moves, or getting crazy in melee range.

Feels like it's super niche and only the most Hardcore Gundam VS players are still playing online.

I really want to get good / better, so any help is appreciated :)

Wubby

I saw this gme is getting pretty cheap at used shops here in Japan so I may pick it up next month. Guess this thread can double as the Gundam thread until the new media focused off topic comes back as well.

Astral

I’m thinking of getting this game but I’m concerned about the longevity of it. I hear it’s mostly an online experience with poor single player content. I’m not sure it’s something I wanna buy at full price. Also, how many IBO suits are there?

Ombra

I’m thinking of getting this game but I’m concerned about the longevity of it. I hear it’s mostly an online experience with poor single player content. I’m not sure it’s something I wanna buy at full price. Also, how many IBO suits are there?
I got it thinking mission mode and survival would be enough single player to justify a full purchase. It got stale fast. I couldn't understand a thing anyone was saying due to no subtitles and there was zero story conceit to keep me engaged. Wait for a sale for real if you are not going online. This games online component is its lifesblood.

Astral

I got it thinking mission mode and survival would be enough single player to justify a full purchase. It got stale fast. I couldn't understand a thing anyone was saying due to no subtitles and there was zero story conceit to keep me engaged. Wait for a sale for real if you are not going online. This games online component is its lifesblood.

I mean I do plan on hitting online but even then, I don’t know how long that’ll last. If it gets boring then there goes all there is to do in the game.

Man you really are posting everywhere

DZ_b_EZ

Damn, that sucks. Maybe this game will get me to finally pay for online again. We'll see.

Astral

I’m still on the fence about buying this but I’m getting there. How long is DLC going to continue to be released? I’m upset that Gundam Alex isn’t in it. Lupus Rex would be amazing too.

I've been ignoring other games, horror games, Halloweenie games... to play this. Addicted!

Is there a discord where you folks are arranging rooms and play times?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Did this game do well in the West? I was looking up what's going on with the series after playing the original on Dreamcast and vs. Zeta on PS2 (incidentally it seems to have some graphical glitches, mostly in the intro and other cut scenes, on PCSX2) again. I knew Capcom didn't develop it any more but I didn't know it's been the same developers moving from Capcom, to a different studio, to internal Bamco. It looks a lot like the original still but advanced with many more techniques for added depth and more competitive play, though it was always focused on the 2 vs 2 arena battles it still mostly depicts. It's a bit ike Virtual On, but the controls are more conventional, less cumbersome without the dual stick set up, but still doing its own thing so probably weird for folks expecting a standard console third person action/shooter game. What of Extreme Vs. 2 at home/in the West?

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I never played this one, but I did buy Maxiboost ON which is a proper arcade game and the final evolution of the series. Its great, but I usually got whacked online.

Vs 2 is nowhere in sight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom