• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GungHo (Grasshoper Manufacture/Game Arts/Acquire) wants to bring its games on Steam

It seems that Steam is going to get more support from Japanese publishers. GungHo, which owns Grasshoper Manufacture (No More Heroes, Killer 7 or Killer is Dead), Game Arts (Grandia, Dokuro) and Acquire (Tenchu, Way of the Samurai), is planning to bring games to Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gunghoamerica

Welcome to the official Steam profile for GungHo Online Entertainment America! Our goal is to bring a smile to everyone's face with our fun and delightful games. We're a multiplatform game publisher known for both mobile and console releases -- including Dokuro and Ragnarok Odyssey. Our group companies include Grasshopper Manufacture, Game Arts, Acquire, and Gravity.

We're excited to bring our games to Steam and introduce a whole new audience to GungHo games!

... but first needs to go through Steam Greenlight, with the first title they're bringing on Steam: Dokuro.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=323668796

With your help, this charming little skelly-friend will be ready to save the Princess and defeat the Dark Lord’s forces on a whole new platform. A Steam PC release, will give Dokuro the chance to charm a whole new community. This is GungHo America’s first game to hit Steam, and if all goes well, we’re excited to bring you a whole lot more.

Check back for regular updates and news!

As stated, the success of that greenlight will decide the fact that GungHo is bringing more games. While there's already a thread about Dokuro Greenlight, I feel like people might ignore who's publishing it, and what its success could mean. So, this one is to raise awareness about the whole thing, more than Dokuro, which means GungHo bringing games on Steam.
So, if you expect more GungHo games on Steam, you know that you'll need to vote yes ! :D

Grasshopper is so fucking bad, and the only good Game Arts games are owned by other companies and will probably never be released on Steam. Never played Acquire games though.

Reknoc

Exciting. Interesting that they're saying this now after Way of the Samurai 4 has been announced as coming to PC via Ghostlight. Hopefully this means the rest of the series will make it on PC.

Shizuka

That doesn't mean anything. Anyone remotely watching GungHo USA for sometime will know that they're an empty shell. Published Dokuro and mobile games, nothing else, in over two years.

Probably doing it on purpose, to gauge interest.
If they asked Valve they'd be on in no time.

No Valve printing money GIF's?

Exactly, that's why people need to vote for it. That's an opportunity that no Steam user should miss.

That doesn't mean anything. Anyone remotely watching GungHo USA for sometime will know that they're an empty shell. Published Dokuro and mobile games, nothing else, in over two years.

And yet, they're related to the Japanese branch. So, why not take a try instead of such pessimism ?

Trago

They own GameArts huh? Maybe they can pull a Square Enix and bring the Grandia games to PC.....But then again, Grandia never had a PC port.

Still, this is good, more Japanese PC support is never bad.

Ushiwaka

So who owns the NMH IP anyway

V99r8sW.jpg

Marvelous apparently.

Giever

Yesssssssss. For the longest time now I've been considering a PS3 solely for WotS 3 & 4, but maybe I can put it off and get them on PC instead. :D

Also, I just learned from this thread that WotS 4 is already confirmed to be coming out on PC soon anyway, apparently. Had no idea.

Shizuka

Well... Dokuro got released on Vita. As for Picotto Knights, I can't really blame them, because of Vita's presence in West.

Excuses. Dokuro was shown to do just fine, even being PS+ months later, not to mention Picotto Knights could've been ported to other plataforms like Dokuro (there is an iOS PK-ish game by GungHo).

Excuses. Dokuro was shown to do just fine, even being PS+ months later, not to mention Picotto Knights could've been ported to other plataforms like Dokuro (there is an iOS PK-ish game by GungHo).

Was shown to do fine ? Also, I don't see how being PS+ shows that. As for Picotto Knights, it could've been ported it's true. Yet it didn't happened, and I don't see what Picotto Knights would have to do with GungHo bringing games to Steam.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Thanks for the support! Putting our games on Greenlight is one of the initiatives I helped start when I joined the team last year, so I hope it goes well.

Thanks for the support! Putting our games on Greenlight is one of the initiatives I helped start when I joined the team last year, so I hope it goes well.

I'm wondering, what other titles can we reasonably expect ?
Also, what kind of pricing could we expect for Dokuro ? Something closer to iOS/Android or Vita ?

Zarx

While I support more Japanese publishers releasing games on PC/Steam. I wish they would have stared off with something other than a 2D puzzle platformer, those are a dime a dozen.

Top Bottom