• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman Clive Sales: 3DS > Android > iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBoss

Have you taken this data to Apple to show them that they could make some money from you game?

I doubt they would care. There are many success stories on iOS, but obviously there are more games that won't be able to replicate that success due to the sheer number of iOS games available. Many games just get lost in the crowd. =/

Daknight

Just got this game in 3DS. Finally got a card that works on eshop, remember this thread and decided to get the game.

Glad I did! It has that mega man vibe to it. Simple but elegant :D

beril

I know what they meant ... but "hand drawn graphics" was strange =x

Awesome video ! =D

Yeah I was considering whether I should correct them or not, but I figured most people who actually care would realise that it wasn't meant literally, and I didn't want to be any trouble when they've chosen to promote my game. And if they actually thought it was was handdrawn; I guess I've kindof passed the Turing test of cell shading/fake artsy filters.

Platy

Yeah I was considering whether I should correct them or not, but I figured most people who actually care would realise that it wasn't meant literally, and I didn't want to be any trouble when they've chosen to promote my game. And if they actually thought it was was handdrawn; I guess I've kindof passed the Turing test of cell shading/fake artsy filters.

As much as I would love to say that you have better tech than Paperman, I think "cell shading" was a little too technical for the "wtf is an indie" public

beril

So, I heard this thread was kindof referenced in Nintendo's GDC eShop presentation. Did anyone see it?

Also since I'm bumping it just as well give a little update; the eShop sales have passed iOS and Android combined now. The sales are starting to show a slow but visible decline now though, but they're still at very a nice level.

So, I heard this thread was kindof referenced in Nintendo's GDC eShop presentation. Did anyone see it?

Also since I'm bumping it just as well give a little update; the eShop sales have passed iOS and Android combined now. The sales are starting to show a slow but visible decline now though, but they're still at very a nice level.

congrats beril, sorry still haven't bought it yet (been too busy on my wii u so my 3ds is majorly neglected at the mo) but i definitely will do

@MUWANdo

Banned

Pester Dan Adelman on Twitter, maybe he'll send you a transcript or something.

Well, that is amazing. Congratulations beril!

StatsChu

Neo Member

Congratulations! Have you thought about where you go from here? Porting to other systems (Consoles/Vita)? Gunman Clive 2? A new ip altogether?

-Eddman-

Got the game a few weeks ago and it's pretty good. I really liked the space stages, but I think the boss battles could have been a bit harder/with more variety. But overall, an amazing experience with great replayability.

¡Congrats on those sales beril!

Zero148

first congratulation to the huge success :)

also this shows, that all the Nintendo should go IOS investors are simply wrong

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

It wasn't streamed, but there's a link to the tweets here. Congratulations!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530283

beril

first congratulation to the huge success :)

also this shows, that all the Nintendo should go IOS investors are simply wrong

As silly as those people are; I don't really think my relative success is a very strong argument in that debate either way. I haven't really done Angry Birds-numbers.

Hero

Excellent news, congrats on the mention!

Sounds like GC is possibly approaching the 50K+ range if I'm going by my last guesstimates based on your chart.

Edit:

On the NA eShop Gunman Clive is 19th on the All Software -> 3DS (Download) section. For comparison, Mutant Mudds is 17th and Zen Pinball is 20th.

I bought this on the eShop having never seen or heard of it but the game play video looked good. I really love this game!

I don't have anything to add to this thread but I wanted to say thanks for the game!

tkscz

As silly as those people are; I don't really think my relative success is a very strong argument in that debate either way. I haven't really done Angry Birds-numbers.

Speaking of which, people do realize that those millions that Angry birds gets are of the free versions right? I'm pretty sure Nintendo makes a bigger profit on selling 3 million units of a $40 game, over selling 50 million downloads of a free game.

OT: Glad to see that GMC is a huge success. Can't wait for you guy's next game.

zroid

Banned

wow, amazing

Just beat it on my 3DS using Clive. Really great game! I can't imagine playing it on a touch screen device. The platforming seems to require precise controls, which works perfectly on the 3DS.

CDX

Awesome.

It's a really great game.

Jopie

As someone who was a fan of Helium Boy and got some laughs out of Trouser Trouble (Bertil's previous games), it has been an absolute pleasure to see the evolution in game design from one project to the next.

I cannot wait to see what is coming next, and am thrilled to see GMC succeeding on the eShop. Congrats!

GRW810

Though Beril hasn't mentioned exact numbers, the fact he has openly discussed sales performance, provided graphs and compared to sales on other platforms had me worried about what Nintendo would think. Given that they've not only not admonished Beril but promoted and utilised his info suggests a shift in attitude.

I don't think we'll be allowed concrete numbers any time soon but it's a shift from how scared companies were to discuss business in the WiiWare days.

I just finished the 3DS version and started a new game straight away! It's a fun little game that I can replay a lot I think!
Maybe I'll grab it on PC as well.

GetemMa

Congrats! I have your game on my 3DS and at $2 it is a steal. Really enjoyed it.

Jackano

You are in the center of the Apple/Nintendo/Google war, man.

web_16.jpg

stuminus3

You are in the center of the Apple/Nintendo/Google war, man.
This is so awesome. :lol

Congrats on your success beril, I actually own it on iOS not 3DS but I'm probably going to double dip for the 3D effect and better controls. For the price of a coffee, why the heck not.

Also: Angry Birds doesn't actually do Angry Birds numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom