Gunman in New Zealand loose shooting up mosque and others

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
Last edited:
Feb 23, 2016
the total is gonna be way more then 6 on the stream there were literately piles of bodies and the manic was going through them all making sure there all dead im gonna lie down for a bit. also be careful on twitter and live sream there alot clips of the stream out there.

May 22, 2018
Oh my God. I had heard he livestreamed it and I haven't seen the video myself (because fuck that) but from what I am hearing about the video the death count is gonna skyrocket. Apparently he fired multiple clips worth of ammo into crowded groups of unarmed men and women.

Absolute coward and piece of shit.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Can we fix the title? “Madman” makes it sound like he wasn’t in control of his actions when he quite clearly was. “Gunman” may be a bit more appropriate for now.

Also, while there’s a high chance it was politically motivated, I think it’s jumping the gun to put this in politics rather than OT. At least until we get more details.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2006
There are also reports that he was running people over as well. What a complete monster. I'm seeing conflicting reports that he is in custody and that he was killed, and I hope it wasn't the latter. He needs justice.

Is it true he says "Subscribe to PewDiePie" in the video? I am seeing multiple people reporting this.
Yes, I saw that particular clip on Twitter.

His manifesto is literally meme word salad as well, just saying random shit, so I wouldn't take it seriously beyond him trying to make a Sam Hyde-like joke. It seems to beg belief that a youngish shitposter is murdering people with precision double-taps, but the videos clearly show it from what Twitter is saying.

It definitely appears politically motivated, as he was apparently obsessed with birth rates of Muslims vs white New Zealanders.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018
Can we fix the title? “Madman” makes it sound like he wasn’t in control of his actions when he quite clearly was. “Gunman” may be a bit more appropriate for now.
Wow. We actually agree for once. This screams of premeditation and hatred. There is no need to possibly give this person the "mental illness" way out of his horrendous actions.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut

Also, while there’s a high chance it was politically motivated, I think it’s jumping the gun to put this in politics rather than OT. At least until we get more details.
I'm not opposed for this if an admin can change it

May 22, 2018
Yes, I saw that particular clip on Twitter.

His manifesto is literally meme word salad as well, just saying random shit, so I wouldn't take it seriously beyond him trying to make a Sam Hyde-like joke. It seems to beg belief that a youngish shitposter is murdering people with precision double-taps, but the videos clearly show it from what Twitter is saying.

It definitely appears politically motivated, as he was apparently obsessed with birth rates of Muslims vs white New Zealanders.
Jesus. That's horrible. I knew the PewDiePie stuff was getting out of control lately, but this is a whole other level of fucked up.

Oct 1, 2006
Jesus. That's horrible. I knew the PewDiePie stuff was getting out of control lately, but this is a whole other level of fucked up.
He just threw out random names:

unless Candice Owens and Spyro the Dragon are also responsible.

The fact that he treated this like some shitposting session just makes me more sick over it. This was just a game to him, cracking jokes and all.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2010

He posted a manifesto that laid out his specific motivations.

Mar 3, 2010
This guy knew exactly what to say and do to stir up shit and we are all lapping it up.
He definitely is on some inciteful nut shit: "Finally, to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United states .This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights willultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US along political, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines."

Reading this manifesto, I don't feel especially compelled to post the link to it. But it's rather easy to find if you are so inclined to look.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
How Jim('s friend) is able to get this info so quick, I don't know. But good lord, what a fucking cunt.
It was apparently in the video.

So, the guy's name is reportedly Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year old originally from Australia.

He is (was?) obsessed with ethnonationalism and inciting a race war. He posted this on 4chan (or is it 8chan? I can't tell) before the shooting:

God damn, what an absolute dog cunt.

Oct 1, 2006
He definitely is on some inciteful nut shit: "Finally, to create conflict between the two ideologies within the United States on the ownership of firearms in order to further the social, cultural, political and racial divide within the United states .This conflict over the 2nd amendment and the attempted removal of firearms rights willultimately result in a civil war that will eventually balkanize the US along political, cultural and, most importantly, racial lines."

Reading this manifesto, I don't feel especially compelled to post the link to it. But it's rather easy to find if you are so inclined to look.
Helter Skelter plan right there.

Jul 28, 2018
You could make the same argument for Twitter. He livestreamed on YouTube as well. Why aren't you criticising them?
It's this a serious question? You can't really be this dumb. It's not about where he streamed it, it's about where his ideas for this behavior are incited, encouraged, and celebrated.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018
London, UK & Kailua, HI.
I want to know your basis for focusing on particular platforms when he used multiple platforms to spread his message.
because literally the post before mine was a screenie from 8chan.

I try my best to avoid your own brand of toxicity on here, I learnt my lesson pretty quick after joining. I'm going to ignore you,

Apr 25, 2009
Australia
because literally the post before mine was a screenie from 8chan.

I try my best to avoid your own brand of toxicity on here, I learnt my lesson pretty quick after joining. I'm going to ignore you,
A screenshot that I posted...

You haven't addressed my question. You seem to be advocating a kneejerk purge of 4chan/8chan for your own sense of moral superiority while conveniently ignoring the fact that radicalisation happens on the platforms you like too. This shooting was livestreamed on YouTube and Facebook, and he had been posting the same things in the 8chan screenshot on Facebook.

Get off your soapbox.