Gunman in New Zealand loose shooting up mosque and others

Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
I have thoughts about the Wild West fringes of the Internet, like 4/8 Chan. I have thoughts about guns and all that. I’m too tired and too sad to really get into that right now though.

This is what hatred can look like. This is when violent hatefilled thoughts become violent hatefilled actions.

I don’t have answers though, or even suggestions. I got nothing, so I’ll stop there.

Jan 5, 2012
It was apparently in the video.

So, the guy's name is reportedly Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year old originally from Australia.

He is (was?) obsessed with ethnonationalism and inciting a race war. He posted this on 4chan (or is it 8chan? I can't tell) before the shooting:

God damn, what an absolute dog cunt.
It's Friday in NZ.
that's 8chan.

damn. RIP folks.

Last edited:

Brawlz

Neo Member
Dec 6, 2018
I have thoughts about the Wild West fringes of the Internet, like 4/8 Chan. I have thoughts about guns and all that. I’m too tired and too sad to really get into that right now though.

This is what hatred can look like. This is when violent hatefilled thoughts become violent hatefilled actions.

I don’t have answers though, or even suggestions. I got nothing, so I’ll stop there.
Man, go take a nap or get some fresh air. Sometimes we just need to let an event like this sink in before we can extract any answers from it.

Jul 30, 2018
London, UK & Kailua, HI.
Wow RIP.

And what does Trump do he links to a Breitbart article, most likely one of the sites that radicalised these murderers. 8chan needs to go , that thread is still open and active with people still advocating for more violence.
Out of morbid curiosity, I took a peek on 4chan.

Full of people making jokes and supporting his actions. We don't deserve this planet.

Aug 30, 2014
Wow RIP.

And what does Trump do he links to a Breitbart article, most likely one of the sites that radicalised these murderers. 8chan needs to go , that thread is still open and active with people still advocating for more violence.
Can you at least give us a day to mourn this senseless loss of life before you politicize it with nonsense like that Trump/Breitbart hot take?

These are real people. Real families, real children. A horrendous incident that will echo through time in the lives of the survivors and the families of the wounded and deceased.

It is not about your politics. More to the point, it is not about you.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019
Wow RIP.

I'm pretty sure it'd be the local news that radicalized him if there's any sort of crime report, unless they follow the US/EU method of accidentally omitting certain facts when convenient.

Last edited:
May 19, 2010
Can you at least give us a day to mourn this senseless loss of life before you politicize it with nonsense like that Trump/Breitbart hot take?

These are real people. Real families, real children. A horrendous incident that will echo through time in the lives of the survivors and the families of the wounded and deceased.

It is not about politics. More to the point, it is not about you.
One of the shooters is a white supremacist, so, actually, it’s all about politics because if he didn’t have his fucked up beliefs, all those families and kids would still be alive.

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
PDP makes a statement.

It probably wont stop the SJW's from trying to get him banned from the internet though.

If you don't see the message it says:

"Just heard news of the devastating reports from New Zealand Christchurch.
I feel absolutely sickened having my name uttered by this person.
My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy. "

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
One of the shooters is a white supremacist, so, actually, it’s all about politics because if he didn’t have his fucked up beliefs, all those families and kids would still be alive.
Thank you,

It's like people want to shut down the main reason these assholes went on a shooting spree , I read that manifesto and its riddled with the usual far right anger against Muslims.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
From the New Zealand Police on social media:

UPDATE 5

Police can now confirm the lock down of schools throughout Christchurch has been lifted.

We would like to reassure members of the public that there is a large Police presence in the city and the safety of the community is our priority.

Aug 30, 2014
There is a difference. Rushing to draw lines back to Trump and Breitbart, censorship, etc. Is vile. He is using death to push a narrative. I will not continue this discussion further. I have no interest in discussing his hot takes... this is a tragedy, not a stage for political grandstanding.

Thank you,

It's like people want to shut down the main reason these assholes went on a shooting spree , I read that manifesto and its riddled with the usual far right anger against Muslims.
There is a huge difference between this post and your post instantly connecting it to Trump and a news site you dont like. There is plenty of room to have discussion about radicalized ethno fuckheads like this murderer, etc, and the deep rooted problems with their idealogy, why people are reacting this way in modern culture, without trying to score political points back home.

But honestly, just taking time to mourn feels about right.

Last edited:
May 19, 2010
There is a difference. Rushing to draw lines back to Trump and Breitbart, censorship, etc. Is vile. He is using death to push a narrative. I will not continue this discussion further. I have no interest in discussing his hot takes... this is a tragedy, not a stage for political grandstanding.
That’s cool, but saying this isn’t about politics is disingenuous at best.

Jan 14, 2015
Connecticut
Look, I hate Trump as much as anyone else. But I really don't think we should get Trump involved into this until the terrorists are all stopped and we've had a day or so to recover from the news. My anger can only stretch so far in different directions.

Last edited:

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
If he didn't have the fucked up beliefs some other set of families would be dead. Mass shooters pick their ambitions before they pick their politics. Or at least you absolutely must agree to this if you want to preserve the argument form for when a Muslim kills someone, which I actually do.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018
London, UK & Kailua, HI.
Getting people to start arguing about Trump / gun laws etc seems to be one of the goals of the piece of scum who did this today - so, we should all agree, nod and accept that we're probably thinkng either along the same lines or different - but don't give this shitstain what he wants.

This is what it's all about for people like him. Look at the divide in society these days - it's never been like this before. We need to be coming together, not further apart, because whether we like to admit or not, we are all getting manipulated into hating and despising each other.

Aug 30, 2014
That’s cool, but saying this isn’t about politics is disingenuous at best.
If you look back, you'll see I had edited it to 'your politics' to be more clear almost as soon as I posted, you just happened to catch the original edit. I was talking about linking it to -his- politics. But this is exactly what I'm talking about. His shitty attempt to score political points has us arguing about US politics instead of mourning.

Nov 1, 2017
Wow RIP.

God damn it Trump, just the other day he’s causing plane crashes and now he’s causing mass shootings! We have to impeach!

#THISISTRUMPSNEWZEALAND

Last edited:

wzy

Dec 29, 2018
You literally raised Trump on the first page so you shouldn’t be acting so holier than thou.
What I did was anticipate a certain genre of post that was inevitable in this thread, while the people who want to make the argument in earnest were sprinting to their keyboards.

Aug 15, 2018
Is that what I said or is that what you've said. He cant even bring himself to condemn it. But whatever read into that what you want.
Do you really think the president of the united states ISNT going to condemn a mass killing spree because the perpetrators are white nationalists?

This division is exactly what they want you know. Talking about possible solutions to this uptick in violence isn't the worst thing to do right now but blaming parties that are not related to this just causes more problems.

I think right now we should be supporting the people who are dying at this very moment. I'll pray for the deceased and the injured.

Jul 16, 2017
Do you really think the president of the united states ISNT going to condemn a mass killing spree because the perpetrators are white nationalists?

This division is exactly what they want you know. Talking about possible solutions to this uptick in violence isn't the worst thing to do right now but blaming parties that are not related to this just causes more problems.

I think right now we should be supporting the people who are dying at this very moment. I'll pray for the deceased and the injured.
The only people to blame are the killers themselves but you cant over look what caused them to be radicalised. Of course trump is not responsible i never said that but it's very telling when he decides to link to a far right website for news consumption

Nov 1, 2017
Is that what I said or is that what you've said. He cant even bring himself to condemn it. But whatever read into that what you want.
What does Trump even have to do with this? Why should he condemn a mass shooting the happened in New Zealand? You seriously think he is culpable for this horrible crime? By your logic everyone that doesn't condemn this act is complicit..

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2017
What does Trump even have to do with this? Why should he condemn a mass shooting the happened in New Zealand? You seriously think he is culpable for this horrible crime? By your logic everyone that doesn't condemn this act is complicit..
Did I say he was culpable ?

Just pointing out what the most powerful man in the world decides to do.

What your going to see are multiple leaders from around the world condemn it and giving their words of solidarity, its what any respectable / normal person would do

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2018
He posted his pro white manifesto. It's political. Your typical uneducated white guy ramblings about the world becoming too diverse and white people being left behind.
Not the world, just White countries. This kind of shit is very predictable. The people pushing, and facilitating mass migration into specific countries were, and are very aware that things like this will happen.

Alx

Jan 22, 2007
Friday is the holy day for muslims (the day when man was created in Genesis), just like Saturday is for jews (day when God rested) or Sunday for christians (day when Jesus resurrected). So that would be the busiest day in a Mosque, even if it's a working day in most (non muslim) countries.

Mar 3, 2014
It seems he name checked everything the Left like to complain about from PewDiePie to Candace Owens to Trump. No doubt, they will jump on it.
I think something like this was inevitable – in fact I am surprised that attacks like this continue to be rare. The clash between Islam and the Western world won't be pleasant – whether it's white terrorists shooting up mosques or Islamic terrorists killing “infidels”. This is really the consequence of trying to make Islam and the so-called multicultural society work in Western countries. Of course, the mainstream media commentators will never acknowledge this.

Feb 22, 2018
Of the 4 people in custody, I don't think any of them are the shooter. They just picked suspicious randoms off the street in their panic to apprehend him. This sucks. NZ police suck. He telegraphed his route and yet he may still be roaming around.

Last edited: