• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

guy beats cr1tikal's $20,000 halo 2 deathless LASO run

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

LASO run is legendary all skulls on (except the single positive one)
  • Anger - Enemies fire their weapons faster and more frequently.
  • Assassins - All enemies in the game are permanently cloaked.
  • Black Eye - Your shields only recharge when you melee enemies.
  • Blind - HUD and weapon do not display onscreen.
  • Catch - Enemies throw and drop more grenades.
  • Ghost - AI do not flinch from any attacks.
  • Famine - Weapons dropped by AI have half the ammo they normally would.
  • Iron - Dying in co-op resets you at your last saved checkpoint. Dying solo restarts the level.
  • Mythic - Enemies have increased health.
  • That's Just…Wrong - Increases enemy awareness of player.
  • Thunderstorm - Upgrades the rank of most enemies.
  • Sputnik - Reduces the mass of objects, making them fly farther from impacts and explosions.
  • IWHBYD - Rare combat dialogue becomes more common.

fucking crazy. i tried it last week just to see how hard it is and couldn't make it through the 2nd encounter.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Banned
You can livestream prerecorded video these days. Who knows, may have had a mic speaking while the gameplay was a vid.

Anyway he's out $20,000 ether way. Assuming he paid.

Not only that, they can do light modding like a few percentage extra on health or a few percentage less on damage taken that won’t be noticeable to the naked eye.

This was a silly challenge for him to set. Regardless, someone collected.

Last edited:
technically possible but i doubt it

guy streamed a ton of attempts before the 20k was even on the table
In addition he is well known to the community that does this sort of runs and was the odds on favorite to beat it if it could be beat. The guy that dropped the challenge also stipulates that the vod will be reviewed by a team of people in the know to make sure no shenanigans has taken place.

Fox Mulder

What's his vetting method to make sure they didn't cheat or use some tool?

Saw a video talking about the bounty and this dude is legit a long time halo player that was picked as the top guy to do it.

The difficulty of the challenge just couldn’t just be done by picking up the game now. You have had to put in serious time in halo.

Last edited:

Kupfer

For a guy with 11.000.000 subscribers, 20.000$ isn't probably that much.
Cool for the dude who earned it and penguinz0 got some nice attention. Win-Win

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Halo has always had a challenge reputation and put distance between them and other shooters.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
343 should immortalise him in infinite by renaming a slightly less green armour coating after him and selling it in the shop for 2000 Spartan Bucks.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Reading the OP, it sounds like a gameplay experience from hell I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Banned
Reading the OP, it sounds like a gameplay experience from hell I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy.

Halo 2 legendary is already unfair bullshit, but this... yeah, this is basically unplayable unless you know every trick in the book

Banned
343 should immortalise him in infinite by renaming a slightly less green armour coating after him and selling it in the shop for 2000 Spartan Bucks.

green is exotic tho... blue and red are the commonly found in the shop, green however is not seen that often... so 2000 is a bit cheap don't you think?
🤣🤣

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
If real, mad# respect

# It's not that I'm angry, in this context it's slang for "much" or, "a lot"

You don't get money for subs, people makes this mistake often. It's views and ads(viewing or pressing them, but you can't tell your audience to click the ads though that'll get you either a warning or more often, permanently demonetized.)

The Youtube Sub requirement of 1000 minimum to earn money was done to stop the users who were making popular videos with low subs, that's why so many channels begged for subs. But since last year Youtube made a new policy they can decided to put ads on your video even if you aren't in the program, so you get nothing. It's made Youtube fucking frustrating to use leading me to just install software to block all the ads regardless.

Saw a video talking about the bounty and this dude is legit a long time halo player that was picked as the top guy to do it.

The difficulty of the challenge just couldn’t just be done by picking up the game now. You have had to put in serious time in halo.

You don't have to pick up the game now, you can have some skills in the game and still cheat, but either way it looks like he's out $20,000 grand and the dude is legit. Thread should be updated when he proves he sent the money.

Kupfer

You don't get money for subs, people makes this mistake often. It's views and ads(viewing or pressing them, but you can't tell your audience to click the ads though that'll get you either a warning or more often, permanently demonetized.)

The Youtube Sub requirement of 1000 minimum to earn money was done to stop the users who were making popular videos with low subs, that's why so many channels begged for subs. But since last year Youtube made a new policy they can decided to put ads on your video even if you aren't in the program, so you get nothing. It's made Youtube fucking frustrating to use leading me to just install software to block all the ads regardless.
All well and good, but you can't deny that someone who has 11 million subscribers is a public figure, generates attention, certainly gets paid for some product placement or other, and can certainly make a very good living from it. I don't know this guy, but he probably has one or two others strings on his bow other than youtube alone. If not, he's doing something wrong.

Last edited:
That's some wild skill. I fucking miss the days of the original trilogy. I tried getting into Infinite and it's just too convoluted now.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
who is that GIF

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Having died instantly about 10 million times with jackal snipers on legendary without skulls. Hats off.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I just beat halo 2 legendary with a friend and I can think of multiple areas where you’re surrounded on all sides with absolutely no cover that are incredibly difficult even without skulls. I haven’t watched the stream, but I’m assuming it was skill but also a combination of that and knowing the ins and outs of levels so they have places to hide with cover and stuff?

Portugeezer

When you have more money than you know what to do with. Still, I'm impressed, will check it out at some point.

Last edited:
All well and good, but you can't deny that someone who has 11 million subscribers is a public figure, generates attention, certainly gets paid for some product placement or other, and can certainly make a very good living from it.
I'm not saying that his 11m subscribers matter or not, I'm just saying that the money is coming from the views not the subs. He likely gets a high amount of views if he can spare $20,000, I don't deny he's popular in his circle, I've heard his name thrown around myself here and there.

The question is will he actually pay.

4th place being new to Halo and becoming that skilled in days brings up my concern posted earlier in the thread about potential cheaters, and another users also correctly brought up modders.

More importantly, scanning through the video I do not see any screenshot or video of the money being sent. When is he going to sent the money?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I'm not saying that his 11m subscribers matter or not, I'm just saying that the money is coming from the views not the subs. He likely gets a high amount of views if he can spare $20,000, I don't deny he's popular in his circle, I've heard his name thrown around myself here and there.

The question is will he actually pay.

4th place being new to Halo and becoming that skilled in days brings up my concern posted earlier in the thread about potential cheaters, and another users also correctly brought up modders.

More importantly, scanning through the video I do not see any screenshot or video of the money being sent. When is he going to sent the money?

why are you so bent on this guy cheating or cr1tikal not paying him? the guy is a long time halo speedrunner. he's not cheating lmao.

Dancer_BV

Halo brings back so many memories for me. I'm happy the earlier games in the series are still getting recognition and involvement today.

One of my clients is a Youtuber with 1.5 million subs and I tell you the $20k bounty paid itself in a few hours after it was raised, in Moist's case. It's an absolute win for the guy and it is free marketing at the same time.

Last edited:
why are you so bent on this guy cheating or cr1tikal not paying him? the guy is a long time halo speedrunner. he's not cheating lmao.

Because in this case even his fans are skeptical of if he'll pay so he must have done something for the skepticism. Fans don't usually pushback on the object of affection unless there's historical reason.

I'm sure he has the money but I'm only wondering if he'll pay that's all.

Halo brings back so many memories for me. I'm happy the earlier games in the series are still getting recognition and involvement today.

The MCC sold millions people love those games.

Top Bottom