• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guys in retail, have you sold any Starlink games?

We got a good bit of stock for Starlink before Christmas, we bought some in bulk, especially the Switch exclusive content. We're going through mark downs this week and I noticed we haven't actually sold a single unit or pack. Our manager on Monday that he wants to see us promote it more, even though it has an end gondola to itself and plenty of p.o.s.

A lady bought one with a PS4 for her son on Wednesday but she brought it back this morning and traded it back towards Fifa 19... Are we just having bad luck or is this a trend for other retailers too?

Nydus

Gold Member
I work in an elementary school. The kids don't even know it exists. Maybe a victim of Fortnite.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Kids are hard to sell to, especially when older generations are more enthusiastic about it than the kids are. Star Fox type of stuff is appealing for me than it is a kid. There's too many options out there and the aesthetic for this feels so corny. I wouldn't expect kids to get this over something else. I would be mad if I got this game instead of another popular game on the market. I worked at GameStop during 2007/2008. I've also worked in retail for many many years.

angelic

Banned
I fancy a switch copy with the starfox arwing. It's a bit sad that it didn't take off. Behind the scenes a whole bunch of interesting games will have been cancelled to make stream friendly BR shit.

Rodolink

It surprised me the other day I saw a very cool airwing toy, upon close inspection I realized it actually included a copy of the game. I might get it just for the airwing later when price drops even more since i don't even have a Switch. But I see why, marketing dropped a lot done it was announced. I forgot completely about it.

I bought it for Xbox one and switch, bought every ship and accessory all for £100 in a local sale around Christmas last year. Haven’t played more than 5 minutes of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought the digital edition on Switch and loved it. The main adventure was pretty ho-hum but the Star Fox stuff was ace. Changing out ship parts using the menu was cumbersome enough, I couldn't really imagine changing parts on the toys to change weapons - it would have easily added an extra few hours to the game. I'm not too surprised that the toys never took off, but I still recommend the game.

levyjl1988

Banned
At Best Buy there were going for 50%. The toys just aren’t popular compared to well known established amiibo.

ExpandKong

Banned
I grabbed it when it hit $25 at my local target two weeks back and haven’t touched it yet. My friend says it’s good but he’s kind of a tit so I dunno.

Top Bottom