• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guys... Spiderman PS4 E3 gameplay has 40+ million views on YouTube

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
man I hope this game is good

please be good

let us pray

I'm not a Spider-Man fan (or comics in general) but Insomniac developed one of the best games this gen in Sunset Overdrive. If you've played that game you'll see the groundwork for what should be an amazing Spider-Man game.

ChrisSTARR

Neo Member
I never understood why Spiderman is so popular. I mean, he's awesome and all, but there's cooler heroes out there, even mainstream ones.

phanphare

Banned
It's the fact we have literally never had a truly great Spiderman game. Some would say not even a good one in the modern age. And the old games are shit no matter how much people like the swinging or whatever they remember of it.

Honestly, Insomniac is not going to fuck this up. It's going to be great.

I don't see this happening until 2018 fall though. I hope they are ready by then, their engine should be amazing by now.

why you gotta slander like that? spider man for ps1 was great, the sequel was good too, maximum carnage and separation anxiety are great beat em ups, mysterio's menace is great, ultimate spider man for ps2/xbox is great, spider man 2 is a damn fine game, and ultimate spider man for gba is underrated

Memento

I never understood why Spiderman is so popular. I mean, he's awesome and all, but there's cooler heroes out there, even mainstream ones.

He is funny, relatable, have a distinct immediatelly recognizable suit and swinging on webs are a fucking awesome concept.

jaypah

Extremely popular (most popular?) Super Hero, most popular console, exclusive, graphically impressive and looks to be a return to good webswinging and gameplay? Yeah, it's going to do alright lol.

Wasn't there a thread just the other day about why Marvel doesn't have their own Arkham?

This is it. Assuming they stick the landing on launch.

Philippo

Meanwhile at Insomniac

9wAq6.gif

TimFL

So where is the extendex/alternate E3 gameplay video? Pretty sure they said they‘ll release an alternate gameplay walkthrough „soon after E3“.

MattAces

So where is the extendex/alternate E3 gameplay video? Pretty sure they said they‘ll release an alternate gameplay walkthrough „soon after E3”.

'The E3 version was all smoke and mirrors. They are pretty much starting over from what I was told.'
' The reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction. "

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I don't buy licensed games typically
I don't watch Marvel/DC movies
I'm here day one.

Insomniac will get everyone if they nail this.

jayu26

'The E3 version was all smoke and mirrors. They are pretty much starting over from what I was told.'
' The reveal "demo" they showed was not even a working game code then. It was just a scripted proof of concept. With the reaction from E3, they decided to go ahead in that direction. "

lol good times. Whatever happen to that dude? Is s/he still in the camp that God of War is all smoke and mirror?

gfxtwin

Don't Forget a new God of War as well. And this is before we reach the Playstation Experience which considering last years reveal, should hopefully have some big reveals as well.

C'mon Spyro Trilogy, I need one to go alongside my Crash Trilogy!

Not really finding a lot about GOW that interests me outside of the norse mythology stuff, but yeah, yet another high profile PS4 title coming out.

A lot of us are just aching for a good Marvel superhero game of the quality of the Arkham series.

I think this is the first contender.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yup, this game is going to be huge.

If they release this around the time Avengers:IW is out and play trailer during the movie, it will sell a shit-ton.

Avengers: IW comes out in May of next year. They should put a trailer before the film for sure, but the game itself will probably be out in Sept-Nov... or maybe, like every PS4 year so far, Sony will put their heavy hitters in Q1 and Q2 and leave Q4 to multiplatform games.

That worldwide reach comes from Italian Spiderman
Spider! Spider! Spider!
Spider!

Looking better than I've hoped!

I just hope the quality shown here carries throughout the game and this isn't just some scene with extra effort put into it just to dupe people. Like you get this one exciting, polished scene and the rest is spider-man 3 for the ps2. It's insomniac though, so I doubt it.:)

shimon

Not surprising. People are starving for another superhero game and it looks good. Plus like some already said Spidey is more popular than Mr.Bat.

Laws00

That's good, really good

Still not interested in game. Looks good but it's meh to me.

And I say that when it gets closer I end up buying/renting it lol

Fluloco

The only rights Sony has are the movies. Marvel and Disney own everything else.

That is correct.

Though I have the feeling that this game is exclusive for PS4 because of the deal made between Sony and Marvel for Spider-Man Homecoming, maybe as an extra.

Nev

Banned
40 million disappointed with a boring, slow-swinging scripted "cinematic experience".

At least we still have Spider-Man 2 if this turns out as disappointing as it seems. Should've given it to Sucker Punch.

No clue how well Akham City: Now with Spider-Man! will sell. Probably at least five million, but ten? Dunno. How well did City and Knight sell?

Wut? I will assume English isn't your first language.

40 million disappointed with a boring, slow-swinging scripted "cinematic experience".

At least we still have Spider-Man 2 if this turns out as disappointing as it seems. Should've given it to Sucker Punch.

We shall see. Sounds like we watched two completely different trailers.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
This and god of war are my most anticipated games. My hype levels are even above the excitement i had for mgs5 and horizon.

Top Bottom