• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guys... Spiderman PS4 E3 gameplay has 40+ million views on YouTube

Every.Single.Time
Without fail.

It was really prevalent in the latest look they gave us. More than most AAA games I can remember in the past few years. I don't think anybody is saying that the whole game will play like that, but it is concerning to people who don't like them, especially not in that abundance. I don't understand what's there to trivialize if someone holds that opinion.

It's not like this thread incites some actual discussion about something besides stating how impressive those numbers are. It's a big game with a lot of people watching, and a lot of people loathe QTE's since a decade or more for obvious reasons.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397353

Wamb0wneD

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs or did you stop at the first sentence because you seem to communicate in oneliners.
Because I see nobody doing that. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

If there are 10 of those cinematic QTE setpieces like we saw in the footage then that's still more than any other AAA game in recent memory.
And people can be worried about that being the case if they don't enjoy QTEs.

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs?
Because I see nobody doing that
. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

If there are 10 of those cinematic QTE setpieces like we saw in the footage then that's still more than any other AAA game in recent memory.
People have done this in fact it was called tell tale Spider-Man on here.
If I was bored I’d find posts but meh not that invested we’ve done this tango for too many threads now no matter what the information is

Wamb0wneD

People have done this in fact it was called tell tale Spider-Man on here.
If I was bored I'd find posts but meh not that invested we've done this tango for too many threads now no matter what the information is

And if one crazy person says that or even a few people would hold that strange opinion it renders anyone's worries that there might be too many QTEs in there for his/her tastes irrelevant and annoying?
We barely have any information but that last E3 footage, no?

And if one crazy person says that or even a few people would hold that strange opinion it renders anyone's worries that there might be too many QTEs in there for his/her tastes irrelevant and annoying?
How many times are you gonna bring up 40 seconds of qte’s? At one point is the discussion something else? Insomniac release more info tomorrow about a villain that’s in you gonna bring up the qte again for what exactly?

Wamb0wneD

How many times are you gonna bring up 40 seconds of qte's? At one point is the discussion something else? Insomniac release more info tomorrow about a villain that's in you gonna bring up the qte again for what exactly?

First of all I didn't bring it up at all. Good thing you assume I did though. What I'm arguing is the attitude towards people who simply state their concerns in a normal manner.
If the only footage we have is 1.5 minutes long and 40 seconds of that is QTEs and someone finds that too high then it's his/her right to express that without people jumping down their throats in that dismissing manner. Noone in this thread brought up the crazy claims you mentioned earlier. Ignore them if it bothers you so much.

There barely is any discussion that could be derailed in this particular thread simply because of the nature of the OP. There is not a lot to discuss with that kind of topic.

First of all I didn't bring it up at all. Good thing you assume I did though. What I'm arguing is the attitude towards people who simply state their concerns in a normal manner.
If the only footage we have is 1.5 minutes of footage and 40 seconds of that is QTEs and someone finds that too high then it's his/her right to express that without people jumping down their throats in that dismissing manner. Noone in this thread brought up the crazy claims you mentioned earlier. Ignore them if it bothers you so much.

There barely is any discussion that could be derailed in this particular thread simply because of the nature of the OP. There is not a lot to discuss with that kind of topic.
Footage was about 8 minutes btw vastly overstating how long the qte took over

Wamb0wneD

Footage was about 8 minutes btw vastly overstating how long the qte took over

If that's all you took from my post then we're done here I guess. I don't want to waste time with someone pretending to discuss something and then hilariously enough complains about people not disucssing the particular things he wants to be discussed. The QTE was still longer than anything I've seen in recent memory when it comes to video games in general. I don't have a huge problem with it though.
Continue to go into every thread where QTEs get brought up (So every thread until one with new footage where it's not as prevalent) and complain about it in the most reductionist driveby way possible. The fact you assumed I complained about the QTEs myself without any basis whatsoever says a lot. Have a nice day/night. I'll go to sleep now.

If that's all you took from my post then we're done here I guess. I don't want to waste time with someone pretending to discuss something and then hilariously enough complains about people not disucssing things. The QTE was still longer than anything I've seen in recent memory when it comes to video games in general. I don't have a huge problem with it though.
Continue to go into every thread where QTEs get brought up (So every thread until one with new footage where it's not as prevalent) and complain about it in the most reductionist driveby way possible. The fact you assumed I complained about the QTEs myself without any basis whatsoever says a lot. Have a nice day/night. I'll go to sleep now.
Well you got antagonistic pretty fast there it’s a discussion all that isn’t needed at all honestly

Did you read where I wrote I doubt anybody claims that the gameplay consists of mostly QTEs or did you stop at the first sentence because you seem to communicate in oneliners.
Because I see nobody doing that. You can find them too much while they are not the core gameplay loop. Amazing how nuances work.

I don't have time for your tone. I'm simply saying it is a tired and worn out discussion (specifically, how it is usually discussed here) that has already been addressed by the devs directly.

If you disagree, cool. I'm not responding to you beyond this post though.

Wamb0wneD

Well you got antagonistic pretty fast there it's a discussion all that isn't needed at all honestly

One last answer before I really go to sleep: If you automatically assume I brought up the QTEs in this thread because it fits your argument and no other reason (because I didn't, and you glossed over that fact two times now) I would argue it's you who got antagonistic in the first place.
And you're right, no discussion needs that. But so far you ignored 90% of the stuff that I wrote and your other posts in here looked like this:

Define alot

Every.Single.Time

So what exactly does this discussion in particular need?
Edit: No harm done tho, again, have a nice day.

I don't have time for your tone. I'm simply saying it is a tired and worn out discussion (specifically, how it is usually discussed here) that has already been addressed by the devs directly.

If you disagree, cool. I'm not responding to you beyond this post though.

My tone towards you was fairly normal until you responded with that lazy link to a tweet while seemingly ignoring what I actually wrote beyond the first sentence. No time indeed.

Dito to the bolded.

One last answer before I really go to sleep: If you automatically assume I brought up the QTEs in this thread because it fits your argument and no other reason (because I didn't, and you glossed over that fact two times now) I would argue it's you who got antagonistic in the first place.
And you're right, no discussion needs that. But so far you ignored 90% of the stuff that I wrote and your other posts in here looked like this:

So what exactly does that discussion need?
Yes define a lot in which the response was everybody but you conveniently ignored that part for obvious reasons. And never once did I say you’d specifically did anything you decided to interject yourself into the conversation

This game is 100% coming out right next to Infinity War. And Sony is lying if they say otherwise. The marketing possibilities are way too easy.
Infinity war is what may? Probably will honestly if the first half of 2018 thing holds true

Famassu

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.
The same Insomniac & Sony that have released numerous award winning games for decades? Many of them in partnership with each other? Yeah, I'm sure they will deliver a total shitfest of a game.

Randam

You mean the Spider-Man move where he shoots a web and pulls himself rapidly to that spot? That has been in his skill set for a very, very long time.
That's what I mean.

Do you have any examples from comics/movies etc where he does that?

Mubrik

some posts on here man. lol
going by how popular the franchise is on itself the ones buying the game won't be the ones typing about qte here luckily.

I’m expecting a massive graphics downgrade by the time it’s eventually released in 2019.

It's 2017 yet Sony exclusives still get hit with this kind of shitpost. I don't know if people are just pretending that the likes of Uncharted 4 and Horizon don't exist anymore after they were launched, or if they are just THAT desperate for Sony's big games to fail in some way.

cromofo

Reserving any hype I might have for this.

Games usually turn out worse than the official gameplay and in this case I'm not really impressed with it.

I hope I'm wrong and it's amazing.

Ascenion

My guess would be June, thats close enough

June isn’t close enough. If you’re trying to piggyback off Disney marketing it needs to be in the same month.
The Han Solo film drops soon after Infinity War So Disney is gonna shift into Star Wars marketing almost immediately, then you’ve got Deadpool and Incredibles 2. You either launch in May or wait for home video in October.

It should’ve been out this year with home coming but they fucked that up.

jjonez18

I'm so hyped for this game! Haven't played a good Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 on the GameCube. I've no doubt Insomniac can deliver.

FelipeMGM

June isn't close enough. If you're trying to piggyback off Disney marketing it needs to be in the same month.
The Han Solo film drops soon after Infinity War So Disney is gonna shift into Star Wars marketing almost immediately, then you've got Deadpool and Incredibles 2. You either launch in May or wait for home video in October.

It should've been out this year with home coming but they fucked that up.

they would have fucked up way more with a year less in development time

The game could be big. I am looking forward to see how Insomiac or Sony screw it up. I am sure Sony will find a way.
Just like all their other b-tier first- and second-party-games. Right?

If it's the usual Insomniac/Sony-quality then this game will be amazing.

Ascenion

they would have fucked way up more with a year less in development time

I don’t know. Seems like it’s a few months extra in dev time. From what we know, this should’ve been out in 2017. Marvel even said that at one point. It’s easy to delay something when you never announce a release date.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I don’t know. Seems like it’s a few months extra in dev time. From what we know, this should’ve been out in 2017. Marvel even said that at one point. It’s easy to delay something when you never announce a release date.
Can you cite a source that this game was supposed to be out in 2017?

Top Bottom