• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVN Winter Brawl 6 | Fighting game tournament | 2012 February 18-19

mr. puppy

Banned
i need to watch the finals, but lets just look at how many weskers are in the top 16:

1. EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma | Others)
2. LB|NYChrisG (Morrigan, Akuma, Dr. Doom | Others)
3. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Amaterasu)
4. Smooth Viper (Magneto, Sentinel, Dormammu)
5. IGT|Unkn0wn (Nemesis, Sentinel, Wesker)
5. DJ Huoshen (Felicia, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster)
7. AlukardNY (Wesker, Iron Man, Super-Skrull)
7. RayRay (Ryu, Magneto, Sentinel)
9. TA|Predator1A (Haggar, Chris, Wesker)
9. Omen (Spencer, Dante, Wesker)
9. IC|Ruin (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Sentinel)
9. Big-E|FecalPenance (Felicia, Frank West, Dante | Others)
13. RoyalFlush (MODOK, Thor, Viewtiful Joe)
13. XAQshinor (Nova, Dr. Doom, Vergil)
13. Blacktastic
13. Flocker (Zero, Vergil, Hawkeye)

Guanoape

Neo Member
Just caught up with the archives. Dat Wong Factor. Also, the Chris Hu & AquaSilk commentary was absolutely godlike. The Philadelphia stories, Chris trying to hook up with little sisters, AquaSilk trolling Chris with the English lessons, CP Chris Hu, and of course Chris' awkward conversation with Sherry. It was great.

Grecco

I'll give Chris G's Morrigan play the respect it deserves when I recover from this weekend; between Winter Brawl 6 and World Game Cup 2012, I'm all hyped out.

But I will say this: those few flashes of brilliance with Doom kept Chris in the game longer that I would have anticipated. If he can develop some Latverian technology, or swap Doom and Akuma out for two characters that he's better with, he'll be downright disgusting. 3 killers on a team is far more difficult to deal with than just one.

Ive been thinking about this. Doom Assist is the biggest reason why Morrigans fireball ikaruga spam is so digusting so he cant take him out, but Akuma on seccond is something that hurts him. He needs tatsu, but if his morrigan got killed quickly hes stuck with a 750k life character that isnt great on point. Hes got alot of thinking to do going forward..

I hope some enterprising stream monster puts out a list or some links to the best matches from the archives. I'd love to catch up on some of the best stuff that I missed, but it's just too much to dig through in a 30 min lunch break.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
i need to watch the finals, but lets just look at how many weskers are in the top 16:

1. EG|Justin Wong (Wolverine, Storm, Akuma | Others)
2. LB|NYChrisG (Morrigan, Akuma, Dr. Doom | Others)
3. AG|MarlinPie (C. Viper, Dr. Doom, Amaterasu)
4. Smooth Viper (Magneto, Sentinel, Dormammu)
5. IGT|Unkn0wn (Nemesis, Sentinel, Wesker)
5. DJ Huoshen (Felicia, Super-Skrull, Taskmaster)
7. AlukardNY (Wesker, Iron Man, Super-Skrull)
7. RayRay (Ryu, Magneto, Sentinel)
9. TA|Predator1A (Haggar, Chris, Wesker)
9. Omen (Spencer, Dante, Wesker)
9. IC|Ruin (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Sentinel)
9. Big-E|FecalPenance (Felicia, Frank West, Dante | Others)
13. RoyalFlush (MODOK, Thor, Viewtiful Joe)
13. XAQshinor (Nova, Dr. Doom, Vergil)
13. Blacktastic
13. Flocker (Zero, Vergil, Hawkeye)

And 3 Sentinels. And 4 Dr. Dooms.

Just caught up with the finals and I loved watching both events. I think the thing that hit me most was the Wong factor, he only got to the grand finals in Marvel and AE because people were dropping match winning combos/punishes on him left and right. Have to feel sorry for both the guys in 2nd though, Juice didn't stand a chance in that match and Chris G once again falls short when big money's on the line.

Also that Wolfkrone interview is amazing, humble guy and he sounded like Butters when he was talking about being part of team MRN/MCZ.

Kikujiro

The Wong factor is the factor every winning players possess, like Daigo or Tokido or Wolfkrone. You rarely see them lose composure even when the match seems lost.

ChrisG needs to work on his mental breakdowns and that's the hardest part. I hope to see him win a major, maybe he will lose some salt.

Dahbomb

There are actually 5 Sentinels in top 16. Blackstatic used Sentinel too along with Captain America and Storm. Most used character in top 16. Also the character to get bodied the most.

Also Justin was the only Wolverine in top 16. Wolverine does actually get zoned out now and has some bad match ups (including ChrisG's team) but Justin's fundamentals won out in the end.

And yeah... for those who haven't seen it... it was one cracker of a tournament for Marvel especially top 16. It will take your breath away. The hype was palpable. Also some off screen hype.

Top Bottom