• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GWI Report: Xbox One Family has -shipped- 46 million units globally.

18qicj10gpjemjpg.jpg
When it comes to reporting official sales figures for the Xbox One specifically, Microsoft has been silent since Q4 Holiday 2014, when it reported over 10 million systems had shipped to retailers worldwide. While Microsoft has still remain tight-lipped on sales numbers, manufacturing records from china have shown that 46 million Xbox One Family devices had been shipped as of March 5th, 2019. A far cry from it's competitor which is closing in on selling in excess of 100 million devices within the next 2 months.

Further Analysis
Updated information shows the PS4 Family of devices with around 70% percent of the home Interactive gaming marketshare. This drops to 57% when we include the recent entrant from gaming giant Nintendo, with their hybrid Switch gaming console.
That 57% is in line with several projections that are outlined later in this report. However, with speculation that indicates a closer than expected release date for successor gaming platforms, and an expected decline for the Industry overall in 2019, we expect that all participants will see slow growth by the years end.

Looking at trends in the mobile gaming market, there can be some unpredictability in regard to just how much th

The GWI report for the gaming industry goes into some great detail about what's happening in the industry. However, the new report (subs only) doesn't really say anything new or mentions anything that hasn't really been leaked or brought out by another outlet.

However, the quote above is something that is new so I though this would be an interesting thing to know.

Keep in mind these are shipped numbers so we don't really know what sold is, 46 million shipped is still a decent number. I expect 1.5 million shipped from now until September, and around 5 million shipped or so from September to Dec.31st since it's Xbox's strongest quarter, putting it a bit over 50 million sold and maybe around 52 million shipped or so.

I think that it's on track for a 60 million sales total when all is said and done which isn't too shabby, especially with how the consoles started. But there's really not much more info in the report so we'll see what comes up.

The Chinese source wouldn't be from superior official tech firm outlet Saowen would it? ;)

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/chin...sold-over-70-million-consoles-report.1468211/

I just have this feeling that if I were to somehow gain access to the report, it wouldn't really say what you're claiming it says, But hey, you've never given us reason to doubt yo-

Updated information shows the PS4 Family of devices with around 70% percent of the home Interactive gaming marketshare. This drops to 57% when we include the recent entrant from gaming giant Nintendo, with their hybrid Switch gaming console.

Why would this report exclude the Switch for two years? Also how is 2 years recent?

While Microsoft has still remain

Looks like some Chinese Soawen grammar to me.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
50 million lifetime seems reasonable which would make the console OK in terms of sales. nowhere near the 80million it sold last gen.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
No idea if these numbers are legitimate, but if XB1 can finish this gen over 55mil that is great, competition is good and having Microsoft giving full support to XB will benefit everyone.

Romulus

Less than half of what PS4 sold?
Damn.

I honestly thought it would be less considering the launch and exclusive selection.

Outside of BC, it's like they didn't even put up a fight, yet still managed a decent base somehow.

Last edited:
So on other boards and on google, when looking for Xbox One sales results this thread comes up.

Has anyone purchased the report to see if this was actually a reported figure or just a projection?

Top Bottom