• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H-Hour: World's Elite Kickstarter from creative director of the original SOCOM games

Definitely supporting this! If you guys don't know Davis Sears, he was the creative director behind the first two SOCOM games. If you liked those games then please support this!

Wait...if I read it right with the funding goal they only will make a DEMO that will be used to show to publishers and so they MIGHT be able to make the full game?....

Hell the 1.000.000 stretch goal is goes only to an alpha?

Sorry but, what the fuck is this?

W1SSY

Wait...if I read it right with the funding goal they only will make a DEMO that will be used to show to publishers and so they MIGHT be able to make the full game?....

Hell the 1.000.000 stretch goal is goes only to an alpha?

Sorry but, what the fuck is this?

Reading through it and it looks like that to me. They need to show interest so venture capitalists are willing to fund the full game.

Reading through it and it looks like that to me. They need to show interest so venture capitalists are willing to fund the full game.

Yeah, but people are putting money to receive a digital copy of the game and they can't assure you that with the goal, not even with the stretch goals...is...wrong.

Is the first time I see something like this.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's VC funding on the table, but only if this is a success. There has to be a reason it's worded like that

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Ill be throwing down for this most def. The fact that it has Mr. Goodrich's support too is a huge plus for me.

Wish them luck and hope they reach mark.

Yeah, but people are putting money to receive a digital copy of the game and they can't assure you that with the goal, not even with the stretch goals...is...wrong.

Is the first time I see something like this.

Not the first time. Takedown was the same, except they were a bit more dodgy about wording it.

At least Mr. Sears here is upfront with it.

Really really bad pitch video, without any game to show or idea how to make it for 200.000
This is going to fail hard even if it meats it goal (witch it won't)

The game he wants to make needs about 15/20 MIL to make it not 200.000

Touch

Really really bad pitch video, without any game to show or idea how to make it for 200.000
This is going to fail hard even if it meats it goal (witch it won't)

The game he wants to make needs about 15/20 MIL to make it not 200.000
The goal is for a proof of concept demo to show VCs.

Well now it's been confirmed for PS4. Whole new ballgame, really hope word gets around and that the socom community can come back to fund this project!

Fred-87

It is the only type of game i miss, Socom 1 and socom 2 style of games. Socom 4 and confrontation looks like socom games but are totally different in reality. Listen to the podcast interview on twitch. the guy has lots of good ideas and he is very open!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Looks like the guy might make it seeing how the shit exploded in pledges the last few days.

Top Bottom