• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H3H3Productions |OT| Reppin' the Naysh \//\

zsynqx

Watching Ethan's podcast live right now and I'm so relieved that he isn't taking the Pewdiepie situation lightly and is refusing to defend him. The chat is hilarious, they are losing their minds that he's taking this stance.

Beefy

Hmmm.

This:
Watching Ethan's podcast live right now and I'm so relieved that he isn't taking the Pewdiepie situation lightly and is refusing to defend him. The chat is hilarious, they are losing their minds that he's taking this stance.

Or

This:
Ethan Klein: "It's a livestream. Shit can happen. Doesn't make him a horrible person or a racist. It's not the same as beating up a black guy and burning a cross on someone's lawn."

Hila Klein: "Yeah, it's not like we watched him do an act of racism."

Sounds pretty clear cut that H3H3 don't think Pewdiepie did anything racist. Which is just wrong on H3H3's part. Again.

The last thing I heard him say before closing the tab was that foreigners get a pass

H3h3 are streaming their podcast right now on this issue and their response is pretty much how I thought it would look like:

"We're disappointed, but he's not racist. He hasn't beaten up a black person, so his actions are not really racist ... Is this an issue that mostly white people are raving about? ... Developers that are distancing themselves from PDP are evil and just seek revenge..."

https://www.twitch.tv/h3h3productions

Who is telling the truth.

I unsubbed from the H3H3 channel months ago but I couldn't help but be interested on their take on Pewdiepie. Call it morbid curiosity, but I couldn't help but take a look, aaaaand... it's about what I expected from H3H3 after their nonstance on JonTron.

Call a spade a spade. Pewdiepie behaves like and says bigoted things. He is a bigot. He is a racist.

So here's the time stamp where he is talking about the "...Developers that are distancing themselves from PDP are evil and just seek revenge..."

Gotta love the anger and conviction Ethan has towards Campo Santo for doing a DMCA takedown on PDP's Firewatch videos compared to the light-hearted somber tone he expressed for PDP saying n****r on livestream for all to see. And since he's targeting PDP, obviously he thinks Campo Santo is going to target every Let's Play of Firewatch.

What a moron.

Tubie

Hmmm.

This:

Or

This:

Who is telling the truth.

Sigh...

I keep hoping Ethan comes around and starts redeeming himself, but instead he gets worse and worse.

Ethan and Hila would rather ignore racism and defend racists just because they (PDP and Jontron and who knows how many more) are their long time friend.

Faynwulf

He's their friend. He did something that's horrible. Are there really this many people here that would throw their friend publicly under the bus?

They could've just stayed silent like they did with Jon.

And I would argue even if they condemned him, no one who unsubbed from them would sub again. In this thread it is pretty obvious that people have made their mind about Ethan and Hila. And are just in here to stir up some shit.

What do you even want them to do?

edit: They said: "We can't defend him."

THEY didn't say the word. And still some people in here act like they are as guilty as PDP.

Maximo

He's their friend. He did something that's horrible. Are there really this many people here that would throw their friend publicly under the bus?

And I would argue even if they condemned him, no one who unsubbed from them would sub again. In this thread it is pretty obvious that people have made their mind about Ethan and Hila. And are just in here to stir up some shit.

THEY didn't say the word. And still some people in here act like they are as guilty as PDP.

Alt accounts coming out of the woodwork with this PDP thing.

Tubie

If I learned a friend of mine was constantly doing racist things and saying racist words, then yes, I would end that friendship and condemn the actions of a racist.

If they are truly friends with PDP, they would tell their audience and if PDP is listening to seek help for the atrocities he has been committing as of recent. They will tell him to stay off the grid and reflect on what he just did. They will tell them that apologies at this course of time may not be enough especially an "if-apology" that he just gave out in a 90 second video that was heavily edited. They would tell him to condemn the word he used and also tell his audience to condemn it to because it has no place being used as a pejorative in any kind of business, medium, or form of entertainment. They should tell PDP to donate to some charities that support those that were offended by the word.

But what did they do??

- Told PDP by saying the word, he gave the media more ammo to "attack" streamers.
- Said yelling the N-word to someone isn't as racist as beating up a black man or setting a cross on fire on someone's lawn
- Then attacked a developer for trying to disassociate with anything PDP after what he did because in the end, the real issue is about Let's Play videos and fucking with their money.

So yeah, you can see why most of us think H3H3 and Hila are garbage and they really aren't helping their friend.

pants

I'm only watching it now, (still busy) but the first 20 mins is them letting everyone know what PDP did was not okay.

Megalo

Call a spade a spade. Pewdiepie behaves like and says bigoted things. He is a bigot. He is a racist.

They know him better than you (we) do and they don't think he is a racist. Who should I believe.

They said multiple times that it's obviously not ok at all from his part to act like he did.
They did not defend him, but saying "he's a fucking scumbag piece of shit racist" (like an awful lot of people here did) is just jumping to easy conclusions without even thinking for two seconds.
It's really downplaying what racism is IMO.
Nevertheless it's still really not okay for PDP to act like that. Someone in his position should know better than that.

Anyway I found H3H3's points pretty valid, even if it's just their opinion.

They know him better than you (we) do and they don't think he is a racist. Who should I believe.

They said multiple times that it's obviously not ok at all from his part to act like he did.
They did not defend him, but saying "he's a fucking scumbag piece of shit racist" (like an awful lot of people here did) is just jumping to easy conclusions without even thinking for two seconds.
Nevertheless it's still really not okay for PDP to act like that. Someone in his position should know better than that.

Are you sincerely disputing my claim Pewdiepie is bigot based on his pattern of bigotry on the basis I don't know him personally?

Beefy

"Downplaying what racism is " 😂

Accept it, PDP is racist and H3H3 are ok with it.

Beefy

They are on the side of a racist. Also they are defending him.

Faynwulf

Alt accounts coming out of the woodwork with this PDP thing.

I don't like your tone. This is my only account. Just because I'm not posting 24/7 on this goddamn site like a no lifer? I wish I could report you for your accusations. You're the first person on my ignore list. I hope you're happy.

I don't even know why I still come to this damn site. The US and US-Centric websites are truly the worst.

Bacon

I don't like your tone. This is my only account. Just because I'm not posting 24/7 on this goddamn site like a no lifer? I wish I could report you for your accusations. You're the first person on my ignore list. I hope you're happy.

I don't even know why I still come to this damn site. The US and US-Centric websites are truly the worst.

Whew, so much to unpack here I don't even know where to begin.

Maximo

tenor.gif

Kudo

Just finished podcast with Ethan and Mo Bradberry as guests, didn't catch it completely so hopefully it'll be up on Youtube soon.

Youtube is never going to demonetize videos posted by the networks. The rules only apply to youtubers who aren't affiliated with a mainstream network. So CBS (Colbert), ABC (Kimmel), Comedy Central videos etc the rules don't apply to them to abide by policy every other youtuber has to.

Seesaw15

Looks like Ethan uncovered Youtubes secret LIBERAL AGENDA to destroy free speech. Gosh darn that evil CNN for playing ad's on a tragedy /s.

Man there was a lot of dog whistling in that video. It's truly shocking that advertisers would want to play ad's on vetted people who have to go by FCC standards vs a bunch of youtubers who want all the legitimacy of a major network but none of the restrictions.

Seesaw15

Half of reviewbrahs videos are demonetized. It’s not like only controversial youtubers are getting demonetized

Don't get me wrong YouTube platform is a mess.Pewdiepie scared the advertisers and messed it up for a lot of creators I support. However, I take umbrage with the way Ethan's comparing the product that Jimmy Kimmel/ABC puts out vs YouTubers as if there's no difference to advertisers.

Colin.

Looks like Ethan uncovered Youtubes secret LIBERAL AGENDA to destroy free speech. Gosh darn that evil CNN for playing ad's on a tragedy /s.

Man there was a lot of dog whistling in that video. It's truly shocking that advertisers would want to play ad's on vetted people who have to go by FCC standards vs a bunch of youtubers who want all the legitimacy of a major network but none of the restrictions.

Yeah, h3h3 has been a total shit show for months now. Was subbed when the channel was <50k, but I'm done now. Went from comedy, and creative skits about silly videos online to run of the mill, alt-right pandering. (Like Youtube isn't full of that crap already) I'll still stay subbed to this thread on the off chance that he goes back to creative comedy in the future, opposed to the whining about "damn s j dubbya feminazis" and the "liberal agenda suppressing free speech" that we have atm.

Seesaw15

This seems like this is going to be Ethan's WSJ part 2.Ethan making unfounded inflammatory statements that could have been avoided with some basic research.
reddit user mr-dogshit said:
Sources: https://blogs.wsj.com/cmo/2015/09/09/abc-starts-selling-ads-alongside-jimmy-kimmel-clips-on-youtube/
http://www.tubefilter.com/2015/09/30/nbc-youtube-jimmy-fallon-channel-monetization/

Oh, this again. I saw this blow up on twitter and /r/conspiracy yesterday so I did a little digging. The actual reason for what's happening is kind of straight forward and not at all conspiratorial. TV networks such as NBC and ABC have agreements with YouTube over advertising in which they organise and sell their own pre-roll ads for their own youtube videos with their own pre-existing advertising partners. i.e... The ads you see on Jimmy Kimmel Live videos AREN'T provided by YouTube's adsense program."But why didn't youtube tell ABC that they can't have ads on their video about the Las Vegas shooting like everybody else?" ...because youtube's policy to not run ads on controversial videos is purely a business decision, not a moral one, based on the fact that they want to keep their advertising partners happy and buying ad time. The ads on Jimmy Kimmel's video aren't from youtube and so it doesn't affect youtube's relationship with their ad partners..

When are people gonna stop being surprised that for a "professional" YouTuber Ethan has never had any clue how YouTube even works? They got too popular too fast and have spent too much time believing the hype about being some kinda insider YouTube professionals fighting on the front lines because they got sued for fair use that one time.

Never get high on your own supply, kids.

Maximo

This seems like this is going to be Ethan's WSJ part 2.Ethan making unfounded inflammatory statements that could have been avoided with some basic research.

I mean jesus christ The Video Game Attorney the one that helped them with their lawsuit and helped create the FUPA fund said there was no evidence of this being true....

18a.gif

Come on Ethan.

Jombie

Okay, so some fuck is butthurt that he can't monetize a video for "charity" but Kimmel gets to because.. he works for a huge TV conglomerate? This shit has absolutely nothing to do with free speech or ideology -- I think some youtubers are doing just fine on that front. Talk about reaching. The online community has mutliated the first amendment in the same way the NRA and gun nuts have the second.

Maedhros

I mean jesus christ The Video Game Attorney the one that helped them with their lawsuit and helped create the FUPA fund said there was no evidence of this being true....

18a.gif

Come on Ethan.

Weren't the videogame attorney guys the ones that made them pay hundreds of dollars for printing some documents on their case?

caliph95

He really isn't helping it's case

Like YouTube is shit But less liberal agenda and more anything controversial agenda

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Lest we forget that youtube is where the alt right has been brewing for years. Where are the liberal youtubers? Instead we have pdp, jon tron and those other sick , etc spewing right wing shite

Bacon

Why doesn’t this asshole just go fully patreon and make a billion dollars a month off his dumbass viewers and shut up about this stuff that he clearly is in over his head on

Top Bottom