• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Had a good day.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I know there is a thread for good things, but it doesn’t look to be recently updated.

So I have been in the middle of a relocation for a new job lately. I moved from the Atlanta area to the Knoxville area. Been living in a hotel now for about 2 months and it sucks.

My home down there just got an offer and the offer I put on a home up here was accepted. It’s not quite my dream home, but it is damn close. I think I was even the first to throw an offer at it. It listed only 2 days ago.

Feeling amazing right now. And I have GAFgold now from a gift. Anyone else have a good day?

It's Jeff

Banned
Sure, couple of cool things going on today. First and foremost, it's Wednesday which means this hitch is over halfway done and I get to go home in about nine days. Second, my dog is sleeping cozily in my luggage at work:
CSv59tym.jpg

Third, I asked for a new office chair. They gave me this!
WmBakAcm.jpg

Fourth, I ordered that RTX 2080 laptop I've had my eye on. No more medium settings on Cities Skylines for me, buddy.

That's a good list. Not house buying good, but not bad. Congrats OP!

I know there is a thread for good things, but it doesn’t look to be recently updated.

So I have been in the middle of a relocation for a new job lately. I moved from the Atlanta area to the Knoxville area. Been living in a hotel now for about 2 months and it sucks.

My home down there just got an offer and the offer I put on a home up here was accepted. It’s not quite my dream home, but it is damn close. I think I was even the first to throw an offer at it. It listed only 2 days ago.

Feeling amazing right now. And I have GAFgold now from a gift. Anyone else have a good day?

what's your secret

TrainedRage

Banned
This thread is far too mature for my tastes. Home ownership? What even is that? Is that like paying my parents to live in the basement? If so I'm a home owner too.

No seriously tho. Got bit and scratched to hell by a kid at work. Ruined my mood for the entire morning/afternoon as I can't smoke weed on the job. Damn schools cramping my style.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Congrats on the new house, dude! What a relief it must be to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for this move to your new job.

I had a good one today. VPN'd in to the office and things were slow all day, so I did a ton of work in the garden. Got all my sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, kohlrabi, potatoes, scallions, and tomatoes planted and strung up. I also planted some lavender and some forget me nots.

Papa

Banned
Congrats on the new house, dude! What a relief it must be to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for this move to your new job.

I had a good one today. VPN'd in to the office and things were slow all day, so I did a ton of work in the garden. Got all my sweet peppers, hot peppers, onions, kohlrabi, potatoes, scallions, and tomatoes planted and strung up. I also planted some lavender and some forget me nots.

Man I can't wait to move to a proper house so I can start a veggie patch. Inner city living has its benefits but I want my simpler pleasures.

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah. I removed a couple of Toxic individuals from my life. Also came up with some decent design ideas for the T-shirt contest. Feels good man.

Last edited:

pr0cs

Had my 25th anniversary at work. Writing code for 25 years.
Crazy when you think about it. My fucking watch has more horsepower than the 486/66 I got when I first started, which at the time was considered beyond kickass.
This is before the internet, before hardware gpu acceleration, before gigabyte drives let alone terabyte drives.

I still love coding, I guess I must be relatively good at it since I still haven't been 'downsized' by it yet (fuck you H1B)

Anyway I think I'll have a few drinks tonight and enjoy a nice spring evening with my woman and a few bottles of wine (yes even more than 1 litre)

Barsinister

Banned
Got a $495.00 sale tomorrow morning and a $1500.00 Saturday morning. Got a good chance to get a promotion coming in the next few weeks. Let me crow about it and jinx myself!

Knoxville is a nice area. I loved being close to the mountains while I lived there in college.

And that is a really attractive kitchen. I'm more of a galley kitchen fan, but it looks pretty convenient and the cabinet/counter combo pops with the paint. Is that a microwave or wall oven?

Last edited:
Top Bottom