• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HADES 1.0 |OT| Get out of hell

mxbison

Is it really that good? I absolutely despise roguelikes.

Guess it depends why you hate them.

I tried a few and never got hooked by them, was bored and frustrated after a couple of runs and quit.
Hades was totally different, dying is part of the story and it's incredibly well done. I was always looking forward to seeing what happened next after I did a run.
Also the progression is really good, you never really have a run where you didn't gain anything.

luffie

i am so happy for you that you find it easy
some don't

holy shit imagine people not being as good as you :pie_roffles:
Offended? Stop being salty for your health.

He asked if anybody has finished this game.... a game that is very short and have been released for months. Even for games like Sekiro, you would have people finishing it before the week.

Try practice reading comprehension next time, it's not that hard 😉

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Offended? Stop being salty for your health.

He asked if anybody has finished this game.... a game that is very short and have been released for months. Even for games like Sekiro, you would have people finishing it before the week.

Try practice reading comprehension next time, it's not that hard 😉
Dude mentioned a souls game what a surprise

Cyberpunkd

Man, this game is legit - great art, fast action, no nonsense (hello 5 minutes cutscene that gives exposition because developers couldn't find a way to do it via gameplay). Love the fact that when I died to a mob one character directly referenced the fact. I guess this is the part when the story keeps advancing constantly.

Last edited:

tassletine

Is it really that good? I absolutely despise roguelikes.
I don't despise them but I loathe Binding of Issac and a couple of others, and I loved this.
Dead Cells was good but this is quite a bit better and definitely seems to be more action packed. I'm a sucker for twin stick shooters though. It's a definite GOTY contender.

Cyberpunkd

Making a bit of the progress, did the first boss on my first try, maybe I’m biased but it was one of the best fights I did in a videogame in a long time. Getting a hang of some of the mechanics (someone correct me if I misunderstood):

1. Purple orbs stay with you and you can use them to unlock improvements with the mirror
2. Coins go away once you die so spend them on various items like gems (do not know what these are for yet)
3. You can have one boon for each of your face buttons (attack, tech, dash, and special) but a lot of passives - can I get a higher level boon randomly or the only way to do it is using a Hammer?
4. If you kill an enemy that was hit with your special you get a special charge back

Overall the game is incredible, makes me appreciate pure action games once again (plus the story in this one is not endless stream of cutscenes)

Last edited:

Rien

Jelly Belly
I am at run 67 and just only beat Hades on lvl 4 one time (then he revived). Tell me how hard I suck

Holammer

I am at run 67 and just only beat Hades on lvl 4 one time (then he revived). Tell me how hard I suck
Checked my stats, 102 runs 36 clears. You might suck, but at least you're having fun?
You're not playing with a keyboard or something weird?

Cyborg

Hi,

I'm late to the party :) and I have a question.

I can't seem to get the last heart for Aphrodite. I had all the romance stuff with Dus, Mag, and Than but nothing. Any advice?

TexMex

Hi,

I'm late to the party :) and I have a question.

I can't seem to get the last heart for Aphrodite. I had all the romance stuff with Dus, Mag, and Than but nothing. Any advice?

You’ll run into this with several characters. No good answer beyond just keep doing runs and clearing the game, and make sure everyone else has their hearts at max too. It’ll eventually open up.

Top Bottom