• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hajimari No Kiseki PC Version(Steam) English Patch Now Available

Has it been confirmed Hajimari no Kiseki/Trails into Reverie will be getting an English dub?

It looks to me like that won't be the case for Zero and Azure, but Reverie is a newer game so I guess they might find it more worthwhile to take the time and resources for that title over the old PSP/PC sprite character games.

theclaw135

Banned
Any worse than Xenoblade Chronicle's battles where its just yelling the same one liners every second on every battle? That repetition drove me to quit that game.

Must be a thing for Japanese developers. I don't know if I could stand modern Tales games.

Konami's 2003 TMNT had a lot of one liners, even though it didn't actually release in Japan.

Javthusiast

Banned
You mean you don't like the constant

IIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ONEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHH????????????

SUGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOI

BAKA SENPAAAAI

DESU DESU DESU
go away gtfo GIF

Mister Wolf

Has it been confirmed Hajimari no Kiseki/Trails into Reverie will be getting an English dub?

It looks to me like that won't be the case for Zero and Azure, but Reverie is a newer game so I guess they might find it more worthwhile to take the time and resources for that title over the old PSP/PC sprite character games.

I'm certain it will be dubbed. Steam lists english under full audio.

Last edited:
Any worse than Xenoblade Chronicle's battles where its just yelling the same one liners every second on every battle? That repetition drove me to quit that game.
This was mentioned on Iwata Asks for Xenoblade X. They were gonna tone that down for X based on player feedback such as yours from the first game, but Exec director, Tetsuya Takashi, was like "no, it's part of the series' identity" or something like that. Granted, I really don't think developers should always listen to fans directly, but rather think very critically about the feedback their receiving and try and read between the lines to better give players the fun and joy their ultimately seeking, as sometimes fans don't know what they really want, but they sure know how to complain about what they don't like. HOWEVER, there are no shortage of times where they should just take the feed directly, and this is one of them. The constant art cry's are just plain repetitive, annoying, and absolutely not necessary! But for select arts that inflict topple status, or the chain attack gauge is full, voice-over for those things can be helpful. We're not against party communication, but that's simply not what's happening in Xenoblade's case.

To answer your question, Legend of Heroes games haven't been nearly as annoying, but you also don't have characters throwing arts, attacks, and the like every two seconds. It's a turn based battle system. The anime cheese is still very much there though. "Prepare for your demise! Deadly....CROSS!!!"

Last edited:

Otre

Banned
This was mentioned on Iwata Asks for Xenoblade X. They were gonna tone that down for X based on player feedback such as yours from the first game, but Exec director, Tetsuya Takashi, was like "no, it's part of the series' identity" or something like that. Granted, I really don't think developers should always listen to fans directly, but rather think very critically about the feedback their receiving and try and read between the lines to better give players the fun and joy their ultimately seeking, as sometimes fans don't know what they really want, but they sure know how to complain about what they don't like. HOWEVER, there are no shortage of times where they should just take the feed directly, and this is one of them. The constant art cry's are just plain repetitive, annoying, and absolutely not necessary! But for select arts that inflict topple status, or the chain attack gauge is full, voice-over for those things can be helpful. We're not against party communication, but that's simply not what's happening in Xenoblade's case.

To answer your question, Legend of Heroes games haven't been nearly as annoying, but you also don't have characters throwing arts, attacks, and the like every two seconds. It's a turn based battle system. The anime cheese is still very much there though. "Prepare for your demise! Deadly....CROSS!!!"

g'damn did not know that. Thanks for the new info. A shame about the Xeno series. Seems quite good but that "identity" is just too much for me.

Shining Star

Neo Member

Zero and Azure aren't fully voiced anyway.

Zero and Azure aren't fully voiced anyway.
I don't know about every character line, but the entire main story is.

Here's the source: https://www.gematsu.com/2019/12/the...-kiseki-coming-to-ps4-in-spring-2020-in-japan

Gematsu said:
■ Fully-Voiced Main Story

A wonderful cast performs the story of protagonist Lloyd Bannings and the other members of the Crossbell Police Department’s Special Support Section. In The Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Kai, the first chapter of the Crossbell arc, the story runs from the founding of the Special Support Section to the case of a religious cult. In The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Kai, the second chapter, the story revolves around the “Mirage Treasure” that occurred in Crossbell State parallel to the events of the Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel series. These grand stories can be enjoyed with fully-voiced dialogue.

Last edited:

Paltheos

Neat, but I'll be waiting for the official localization next year. Fan translations tend to be on the 'ok' side, and I was alright with Geofront because (a) At the time it didn't seem we'd ever get Zero and Azure officially and (b) They clearly cared quite a bit and went above and beyond what would be expected even from professional work.

Plus I still have Cold Steel III and IV in my backlog anyway so I'm in no rush.

Vaelka

BAKA SENPAAAAI

DESU DESU DESU

Tbh I'd rather have that than annoying protagonists mumbling to themselves 24/7 and telling me where to go and the solutions to everything lel.

I've gotten about 40 hours into the game and everything is translated apart from some random NPC's which you won't care about. So far I prefer zerofields context accurate translation over NIS translating what they feel is best. Of course there are some poor english mistakes but they're rare.

Obviously there's no english voices. Apart from some characters like Renne, I greatly prefer the english voices for the Cold Steel saga, because a lot of the Japanese voices don't match the character. For example, English Rean comes off as assertive but oblivious, while Japanese Rean is soft spoken and confident which doesn't fit his words and actions. English Musse sounds mature and commanding, while Japanese Musse sounds cute and unassuming.

There are no more bonding events and far less filler, instead replaced with event after event. And if the events aren't coming fast enough for you, you can view story episodes of the past involving characters outside Rean.
The battle system seems to be broken again though, very easy to abuse the game with speed, delaying and of course Chrono Burst. And so there's no reason to use characters that focus on dodging, countering and criticals because your enemies should not be getting many turns.

Character animations for important story sequences are much more expressive than 4, along with a focus on the presentation of it (camera angles and lighting)

Overall I like the change with a faster paced story, having Rufus as an MC (much better than dumb Rean/Lloyd) and mocap animations for some cut scenes which really add tension and emotion to what's happening

SenkiDala

BAKA SENPAAAAI

DESU DESU DESU
Looks like you don't like Japanese video games. : / English dumbing in JRPG is 100% (maybe even 129%) trash to me.

I see so many of these titles published on the switch store that I always get confused. So this is a 'trails of 'game, right?
I have to play one of them for the psp

I've finished the main story of the game and really enjoyed the lack of side missions and filler, its more like a continuing roller coaster. Now onto the 2nd half of the game in the Reverie corridor which again, has great pacing in how you can choose between combat, story or minigames whenever you want.

Other developers should take note in how to pace an RPG game. I'll give a full review once I've completed the Reverie story and all the episodes.

Top Bottom