• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom |OT| - All's fair in love and the Shinsengumi.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh, ok. If everyone's going for Okita, then I'll go for my fellow lefty, Saito. The Saito article last month made him seem like quite an intriguing figure anyway.

I was going for Okita because reading around, no one seemed to like him; and Belisarius said that the Okita route was great. I'll make my decision next week I guess, lol.

There's always the option of grabbing it off of PSN, if you want to play it the day of :3
Huh, if I got this off of PSN, I wonder how it'd look with the Vita's OLED screen when I get that device. Hmmm.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Are the 6 guys in the OP the only ones I can get with? If so, I guess Okita's the only one that really grabs my attention.

Will buy as soon as I can :)

Yeah, you can only "get" with Hijikata, Saito, Okita, Heisuke, Harada, and Kazama ;)

Alas, no Shinpachi ;-;

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Saito.jpg

that's the saitoh hajime I know, what's that thing in the OP?

Yeah, you can only "get" with Hijikata, Saito, Okita, Heisuke, Harada, and Kazama ;)

Alas, no Shinpachi ;-;
I'm still disappointed about that second part. Forever Alone, even in a game.

I've actually been wondering this for a while, but is it possible to not "get" with anyone? Or will I always end up with someone?

I've shilled the game to another friend, so hopefully he gets it.

I may preorder this tonight or tomorrow, depending on a few things. Anyway, once I finish it, I'll most like lend my PSP and the game to two different friends--a girl and a straight guy.

I'll be eager to see what they think of it :p I'm sure my female friend would love it, though I'm mostly interested in my straight friend's thoughts on it, haha. Very, very interested. I don't know if he's ever played a game where it's mostly reading... but I've gotten him to buy Catherine, Resonance of Fate, and Deathsmiles, so he may surprise me! Who knows.

I was hoping it may of arrived early and I'd be able to pick it up when I went out to get Rhythm Heaven Fever, sadly no.

Oh well, only one more day! (If it comes to Canada promptly.)

frequency

I've been waiting for this for a while.
I look forward to tomorrow. I have an LE pre-ordered. I hope it gets shipped on time.

I'm thinking about "double dipping" and buying the digital version for my early-Vita as well though.

This month's bill is going to suck so much.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've been waiting for this for a while.
I look forward to tomorrow. I have an LE pre-ordered. I hope it gets shipped on time.

I'm thinking about "double dipping" and buying the digital version for my early-Vita as well though.

This month's bill is going to suck so much.
I was considering doing this too, so I can play it on my Vita during Reading Week or something. Plus if the ship date is tomorrow for Hakuoki, then Canadians probably won't get it tomorrow.

And tell me about it! My wallet's kind of feeling it after Suikoden PSP and its soundtrack. I'm glad I paid off my Vita last year.

Goli said:
Same! Although I'm not sure if stores here will even get TotA at all... but I take solace in knowing I'm getting Hakuoki 100% thanks to PSN.
That takes me back to 2006. It was so hard to find TotA since I didn't preorder it or anything. I live in a small town, so we don't get lots of the neat niche stuff in general.

frequency

I was considering doing this too, so I can play it on my Vita during Reading Week or something. Plus if the ship date is tomorrow for Hakuoki, then Canadians probably won't get it tomorrow.

And tell me about it! My wallet's kind of feeling it after Suikoden PSP and its soundtrack. I'm glad I paid off my Vita last year.

That takes me back to 2006. It was so hard to find TotA since I didn't preorder it or anything. I live in a small town, so we don't get lots of the neat niche stuff in general.

I doubt I'd get my copy any earlier than next week.

I thought my Vita was going to come after the 22nd (the actual release date). So I wasn't going to buy accessories or games until then. That would've put all that in next months bill. But Amazon.ca shipped my Vita like 2 weeks early so I had to also go out and buy all the accessories and games. So this months bill is $600 higher than I had expected.

Animekatt

Just came back from my Gamestop with the Hakuoki CE and Tales of the Abyss 3DS.
My Lord do I love the art book...
I may have to go with Okita, or maybe Harada... I DON'T KNOW!!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Just came back from my Gamestop with the Hakuoki CE and Tales of the Abyss 3DS.
My Lord do I love the art book...
I may have to go with Okita, or maybe Harada... I DON'T KNOW!!

Yeah, the art book is pretty awesome :D

Have fun playing Hakuoki :)!

Of course, no one received the game locally and it's delayed online everywhere in Canada.

And I can't play Rhythm Heaven Fever either since my Wii is being repaired. :/

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
So has anyone been able to pick it up/find it yet :3?

Anyone grabbing the PSN version? *wonders if PSN has updated yet~*

cj_iwakura

Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom Limited Edition GET! :D

PEO7W.jpg

That's cheating!

I'll offer some brief thoughts.

This ain't Katawa Shoujo. You want the man of your dreams? Good luck figuring it out, the paths are obtuse as heck. No real way of knowing who it'll lead to until you pick it, for the most part.

Music is kinda bleh, as RPGFan said. Great OP, though. Mostly generic, no looping.

Artwork is REAL good, especially the CGs.

Writing is top-notch as expected. A bit overdone on the profanity, IMO, but they definitely keep the historical feel intact without overdoing it(there's no honorifics, for those who care about that).

Also, Chizune is kinda... well.
Half her dialogue is: 'What!?' 'Huh!?' Or '*gasp!*'
Though she has her moments, for sure.

The game is fully voice acted, and well done, though some of the audio is unbalanced. I swear Okita is louder than anyone else.

Getting Saitou's ending is gonna be hell, but he's my max so far!

Anyone know if this'll work on Vita if you DL on the PS3 and transfer it that way? I could grab the Japanese copy here, but then that'd be missing the point. =p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Of course, no one received the game locally and it's delayed online everywhere in Canada.

And I can't play Rhythm Heaven Fever either since my Wii is being repaired. :/
Yeah, I picked up Tales of the Abyss tonight (and a few Vita things). The manager said that the ETA is February 23rd.

Disappoint, but I have a presentation to prepare for tonight, so at least I can get that done.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Anyone know if this'll work on Vita if you DL on the PS3 and transfer it that way? I could grab the Japanese copy here, but then that'd be missing the point. =p

Hmm, not sure.

We're currently communicating with Sony to get the VITA PSN version ready for release as soon as possible :)
Maybe as early as the end of the month

But no concrete date for the VITA PSN version as of yet >.<

cj_iwakura

Does it have any action in it? Seeing this as a VN. I'm guessing no?

Define action. There's branching paths based on dialogue and action-packed scenes, yes.

Actual gameplay, no.

@shidoshi: I find it saddening that the only comment is some troll, but on the other hand, they're a pretty sad failure considering they know about that group.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Hakuoki is now up on the store using search! Can't wait ta see how many insta-five stars it gets!

Hoping my copy arrives by the weekend but in the meantime I gotta finish off Fate/Extra o.o!

Top Bottom