• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Half-Life 3" on Valves bug tracker confirms HL3 is in dev (46dev), L4D3 hits 71 devs

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Since it isn't up anymore, can anyone say if Doug Church or Clint Hocking were in any of the groups (Not just the HL ones) ?

Hocking definitely wasn't on the HL3 list. I didn't check for Church,

Silky

Banned
oh my god i need to smoke to this.

L4D3? Sure, I'll believe it. Half-Life 3? No. It's not happening. I'm not believing shit.

dmr87

I still haven't played HL 1 & 2,
I guess I should do that sometime <_<

Play them, and when you get to the end of Episode 2 you'll understand.

I completed Episode 2 the day it came out and I've endured for almost 6 years, unbelievable.

robin2

Loved hl1
Disliked hl2

So I hope it'll be different, even people ho liked hl2 should now agree that the "rollercoaster fps" is musty.
But well, if that's not the case I'm still quite happy for the fans finally (hopefully) getting their game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Clint Hocking and Doug Church are too busy pissing away money on prototypes that won't ever see the light of day to work on Half-Life 3.

L4d3 will be the multiplayer component of hl3 until enough people complain then they'll patch in an average dm mode 6months later that no one plays.

valouris

Apparently they are also still developing Half-Life 2? Why do they still have those groups?? Is there any possibility that we will see both HL2:Episode 3, and Half-Life 3, with the latter obviously way way into the future?

Massa

Apparently they are also still developing Half-Life 2? Why do they still have those groups?? Is there any possibility that we will see both HL2:Episode 3, and Half-Life 3, with the latter obviously way way into the future?

Possibly a tracker for the HL2 OpenGL port.

They are mailing lists. They do not delete them. And no.

Even if it just confirms previous reports (Gabe talking about Richochet 2, being found on the productivity spreadsheet) the fact that more than ten people are working on it OH YES PLEASE.

That means in at least three years we'll probably have it and that's good enough for me!

Bring on that sweet sweet L4D3 as soon as possible Valve. I need it in my veins.

Talents

Banned
Wonder if the internet would explode if they announced Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3 all at the same time...

merrick97

Banned
Can some explain to me how this news is any bigger or more believable than previous Half Life 3 rumors?

It seems to me like another stretch.

I want to believe.

I really do.

make me believe, GAF.

astonish

This is old news, but also, if you look in a companies JIRA you are going to see all kinds of stale, abandoned, prototype, maybe someday type projects...

Jay Sosa

Can some explain to me how this news is any bigger or more believable than previous Half Life 3 rumors?

It seems to me like another stretch.

I want to believe.

I really do.

make me believe, GAF.

?

Will this forum be as astonished when Red Dead Redemption 2 will be announced? Or GTA 6? Or Halo 976?

This is old news, but also, if you look in a companies JIRA you are going to see all kinds of stale, abandoned, prototype, maybe someday type projects...

The thing is a new HL3 group has been created since last time we got a glimpse of the JIRA lists, 2.5 months ago.

One can no longer argue "no one is working on HL3", as very often people do.

katkombat

Banned
IS THIS REAL LIFE
ieWKMTK.png

OMG OMG HOLY SHIT

SteamOS is one part of a multi-headed strategy for preserving and promoting the Steam storefront. Valve doesn't really care if people are using SteamOS or Ubuntu or OSX or some enthusiast version of Windows that MS continues to publish (just like Google actually doesn't care that much what mobile OS peple use, as long as they search on Google and look at Adwords.) The point is to serve as a hedge, not as an end in itself.

That's where we disagree. In my mind Valve wants to get out of Windows asap as it sees the direction that Microsoft is heading in. Valve's bread and butter is Steam. Steam has no presence in Microsoft's and Sony's consoles, it has a presence in Windows and Mac but it has zero amount of control over these platforms. If Microsoft or Apple decide to make life difficult for Valve they can do it easily. The only way of ensuring Steam's future is to establish a new platform and move over as many existing users as fast as possible on it. The clock is ticking on Windows' openness.

jerry113

Banned
Wonder if the internet would explode if they announced Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Left 4 Dead 3 and Portal 3 all at the same time...

GAF can't handle that.

But honestly:

The Portal story seems to be complete already. Where could they take it next without feeling like a retread?
It's too early for TF3 with TF2 still going superbly strong.

I think it's more likely we'd see an Orange Box sequel, containing HL3, L4D3, and a new IP.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imagine... I was like, the biggest HL-fan back when HL2 was released (having over 40k posts in a specific HL-forum, building a computer specifically for HL2, and buying tons of merchandise for it)... Epi1 and 2 were both great... But I just can't get hyped for Epi3 anymore :(

dogstar

Banned
Imagine... I was like, the biggest HL-fan back when HL2 was released (having over 40k posts in a specific HL-forum, building a computer specifically for HL2, and buying tons of merchandise for it)... Epi1 and 2 were both great... But I just can't get hyped for Epi3 anymore :(

That's sad, but when/if it comes I bet you will ;-)

I am longing for some more of that unique HL atmosphere, so I will be riding that hype train, if it comes along.

So what if someone would like to play the Half-Life games but can't handle the graphics. Is Black Mesa Source a good substitution for Half-Life 1, or is it a different game?

V_Ben

Banned

Entirely understandable, to be fair. Perhaps when footage comes out, excitement will return :D

Oh, so they are in the L4D3 group? Coupled with biometrics it might turn out to be an interesting project then.

Yes.

Half-Life 3
Adam Foster
Alex Vlachos
Alexander Mark
Alireza Razmpoosh
Andy Nisbet
Ariel Diaz
Bill Van Buren
Bill Fletcher
Chris Chin
Chris Green
Jess Cliffe
Dario Casali
David Speyrer
David Feise
Erik Robson
Erik Wolpaw
Jan-Peter Ewert
Jeremy Bennett
Jean Rochefort
Jeff Lane
Jeff Ballinger
Jeff Hameluck
Jim Hughes
Jim Murray
John Guthrie
Josh Weier
Karl Whinnie
Kelly Bailey
Ken Birdwell
Ken Banks
Marc Laidlaw
Matt Alderman
Matt Charlesworth
Michael Coupland
Paul Pepera
Paul Thuriot
Randy Lundeen
Roland Shaw
David Sawyer
Steve Kalning
Ted Backman
Ted Carson
Thorsten Scheuermann
Tristan Reidford
Torsten Zabka
Steve Bond

Half-Life 3 Core
Adam Foster
David Speyrer
Jean Rochefort
Jeff Lane
Jim Hughes
Karl Whinnie
Kelly Bailey
Ken Banks
Michael Coupland
Sergiy Migdalskiy

L4D3
Aaron Barber
Aaron Halifax
Alex Vlachos
Alexander Mark
Alireza Razmpoosh
Andy Nisbet
Ariel Diaz
Bank Charnchaichujit
Brett English
Andrew Burke
Cam Fielding
Chris Chin
Chet Faliszek
Jess Cliffe
Clint Hocking
Daniel Jennings
Dario Casali
Dave Kircher
David Feise
Dirk Gregorius
Don Holden
Doug Church
Doug Wood
Eric Kirchmer
Eric Douglas Strand
Eric Tams
Erik Robson
Erik Wolpaw
Garret Rickey
Iestyn Bleasdale-Shepherd
James Cunliffe
Jan-Peter Ewert
Jason Brashill
Jeremy Bennett
Jeff Ballinge
Jeff Hameluck
Jim Murray
John Guthrie
Josh Weier
Karen Prell
Karl Whinnie
Kelly Bailey
Kelly Thornton
Ken Birdwell
Ken Banks
Kerry Davis
Marcus Egan
Matt Alderman
Matt Charlesworth
Mike Morasky
Paul Pepera
Paul Thuriot
Phil Co
Philip Lafornara
Randy Lundeen
Reuben Fries
Roland Shaw
David Sawyer
Sergiy Migdalskiy
Steve Kalning
Steve Kody
Ted Backman
Ted Carson
Tejeev Kohli
Thorsten Scheuermann
Tristan Reidford
Torsten Zabka
Wade Schin
Steve Bond
Will Smith
Yasser Malaika

L4D3 Audio
David Feise
Emily Ridgway
Kelly Thornton
Marcus Egan
Mike Morasky
Roland Shaw

L4D3 Developers
Chris Green
Dirk Gregorius
Don Holden
Doug Church
Eric Tams
Garret Rickey
Iestyn Bleasdale-Shepherd
Josh Weier
Kerry Davis
Reuben Fries
Sergiy Migdalskiy
Ted Carson
Tejeev Kohli
Thorsten Scheuermann

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/va...-more-hl3-l4d3-source-2-groups-expand.243965/

Also looks like Kelly Bailey is back.

In regards to Left 4 Dead 3, we now understand that Emily Ridgway, Valve's new musical composer, is working along fan favourite Valve composers Mike Morasky (Team Fortress 2, Portal 2) to create an original soundtrack for the upcoming game. Composer Kelly Bailey (Half-Life, Half-Life 2) previously left Valve a number of years ago, but has since returned to the company as he is currently listed on a number of projects, including both Left 4 Dead 3 and Half-Life 3. Whether or not Kelly is actually working on the soundtrack for Left 4 Dead 3 remains to be seen.

Das Ace

Half Life 3 should just be the Source Game Creator.
People can make their own game so it can live up to their absurd expectations.

With Church and Hocking on L4D3, that makes me wonder...is that going more open world? I'm kinda curious where they actually go with that franchise and how it fits into their Gauntlet-meets-Doom concept. L4D2 was just MORE of L4D1, if 3 gonna be more of the same in that regard, or are they really about to expand the geography with the POWER of Source 2?

amnesiac

So what if someone would like to play the Half-Life games but can't handle the graphics. Is Black Mesa Source a good substitution for Half-Life 1, or is it a different game?
Black Mesa Source is just a re-envisioning of Half Life 1 in the Source engine. If you can't handle good graphics, couldn't you just play the original Half Life 1?

V_Ben

Banned
Jesus, Clint Hocking AND Doug Church are on Left 4 Dead 3? What kind of monstrous emergent gameplay creature are they creating?

Arksy

When people in the future ask;

"Were you around when Half-Life 3 was announced?"

I can look back proudly and say;

"Yes, I was there."

Glorious day.

hellocld

Definitely a different game. It's got some of the original elements, but it's much more a re-imagining of the original. Even if you don't dig the graphics of the first one, I'd recommend "suffering" through it anyways, still plays brilliantly.

Definitely a different game. It's got some of the original elements, but it's much more a re-imagining of the original. Even if you don't dig the graphics of the first one, I'd recommend "suffering" through it anyways, still plays brilliantly.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll just play through Half-Life Source, then Half-Life 2 with the cinematic mod.

Top Bottom