• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life: Alyx Anouncement Trailer

jaysius

Banned
This looks like any other VR game, you're glued to the floor and shooting. The graphics look good. But this isn't what I was looking for at all, this isn't really revolutionary, this is just another VR game.

I feel like a puff of air came out when it was supposed to be a geyser.

EDIT: Ok you can "walk at any pace" but they also show that there is teleporting and shift from Point A to point B, that doesn't mean it's made for a super fluid experience.

Last edited:

rashbeep

Banned
This looks like any other VR game, you're glued to the floor and shooting. The graphics look good. But this isn't what I was looking for at all, this isn't really revolutionary, this is just another VR game.

EDIT: Ok you can "walk at any pace" but they also show that there is teleporting and shift from Point A to point B, that doesn't mean it's made for a super fluid experience.

Ya it's the area where we are just not ready for vr. Not many people have the proper space to move freely

Tesseract

Banned

tenor.gif

45d.gif

source.gif

Romulus

That's not how it works anymore. This is classic 2016 VR thinking. Teleporting is an option with most VR games these days, and the movement feels like other FPS, except you're inside a game world versus a staring at a flat screen. Not to mention true-life scale.

gifgaf

Optional teleporting, they are covering all the bases.

gifgaf

Over 1000€ for the whole thing? Good Lord, that is almost two of my paychecks! Yeah I can afford it, I got reserves but damn. I'll wait a few years still.
You do not need to buy the premium headset, you can get a headset for couple of hundred that will play it well enough.

Last edited:
Top Bottom