• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life Impressive Playstation 2 Port.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Half-Life was Valve's first product, released on November 19, 1998. Players control Gordon Freeman, a theoretical physicist, after the Black Mesa Research Facility accidentally causes a dimensional rift which triggers an alien invasion. The game was published by Sierra Studios and released for Windows, and was ported by Gearbox Software to PlayStation 2 in 2001.

Valve later converted the game to use their Source engine.[2] Half-Life received critical acclaim, critics hailing its overall presentation and numerous scripted sequences. The game won over 50 Game of the Year awards and its gameplay has influenced first-person shooters for years to come. Half-Life has since been regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.

Kev Kev

Only way I could play HL was in PS2 since I didn’t have a PC strong enough to run it.

I didn’t realize there were so many differences. I played the shit out of it, and it had a super fun multiplayer mode me and a buddy would get hammered and chase each other around all night. And it had a co-op campaign that was fun.

In fact if it hasn’t been for this port I may have never gotten into the series to begin with.

Top Bottom