• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life Speed Run

Stryder

I watched this the other day at work, and it is amazing, this guy has some skill.

There is a point where he's just wasting a little time whilst he's waiting for scientist to walk over and open the door for him and he's jumping all around the room and at one point across consecutively on the little light lamps that hang off the wall.

Well worth the watch.

Xizk

This guy is awesome. He knows exactly when and where to jump to clear every stage as fast as possible. This is a great watch.

Bigfoot

I watched about 20 minutes, and the guy is amazing. Is he doing this in one run? I wouldn't think so but I don't see any saving/loading.

I think I'll have to watch the rest over a period of a few days. I started getting sick after watching 10 minutes, but I forced myself to keep watching. Now I feel like I could throw-up. Did anyone else get sick? I think it's all that jumping.

Stryder

Well, there's also a demo available for download so.. wouldn't that mean that it isn't including saving and loading?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Amazing.

He starts using that charging up laser weapon to shoot himself around levels which is just freaky to watch, and he also uses it to one-shot enemies as he rounds corners because he knows exactly where they are even when you can barely see them in the distance....

Not to mention perfectly timed jumps, ducks, grenades, weapons fire etc...and the very useful wall mine-ladder technique :)

Some of the things he did had me thinking..."How in the hell did you ever figure that out"

Bregor

There was something VERY strange going on with that guys ammo. It went up and down at random, he threw grenades when he had none, and there was one point where he had the bee hand equipped for a long time, but it never refilled itself with ammo. He's using some sort of ammo cheat at the very least.

Still a very impressive video.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
one part i found funny was he busts into the room with that egon weapon where 2 scientists and a guard were going to talk to him and he just blasts the guard to pieces because he was in the way of the door. LOL

Volt

Well I finally saw the ending to H-L after all these years lol :)
Couldn't be bothered finishing it, really hated the Xen levels..

Sander

Haven't seen this run yet, but I did watch his previous 58 minute attempt and it was the most enjoyable speed run I've seen so far. Fast, nice tricks, a good number of 'what the hell?'-moments, definately fun to watch.

Bregor said:
There was something VERY strange going on with that guys ammo. It went up and down at random, he threw grenades when he had none, and there was one point where he had the bee hand equipped for a long time, but it never refilled itself with ammo. He's using some sort of ammo cheat at the very least.
There are known glitches with HL's demo playback, ammo count is one of them. Don't be so quick to brand someone a cheater.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
The part where he walks up poly-seams to bypass the whole helicopter/dam fight scene was pretty cool, though when it comes to speed runs, I prefer not to see those kind of exploits taken advantage of.

bogg

Wow... that was amazing....
Some crazy shortcuts that's for sure. And I knew u had wall mines for a reason :)

Geeker

Could someone tell me how you play demo files in half life. Where do you put the .dem files and how do you run them?

Thanks

Top Bottom