• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life update released

Bullet Club

Half-Life update released

An update for Half-Life is now available:

Fixes and Updates
  • Fixed setting monitor refresh rates through -freq when used with -nofbo
  • Fixed unnecessary texture rescaling with NPOT textures
  • Fixed slist command, will now show servers on the local network
  • Fixed erroneous return in SV_ClipToLinks (HL #1685)
  • Fixed inability to reload a partially empty weapon after reloading a save game
  • Fixed MP5 spread factor, multiplayer factor was being used for single player and single player for multiplayer
  • Fixed progress bar for individual files in resource download always showing at 100%
  • Added auto-saving of several cvars (HL #2237)
  • Fixed missing localizations in spectator UI
  • Fixed NPC turn rate when running at >60FPS
  • Reordered columns in server browser to prevent game descriptions from being used to fake server player count
  • Fixed sv_cheats from being settable by players in a multiplayer game (sv_cheats is controllable by the server)
  • Added cl_autowepswitch cvar with values 0/1 to disable/enable auto weapon switching when a new weapon is picked up
  • Fix various weapon animation/sound issues
  • Security fixes to console commands
  • Security fixes to resource loading
  • Security fixes to saving/loading

Phase

giphy.gif

dogmod

Neo Member
I know the guy doing all of this work, his name is Alfred, he's an old guard employee they have retroactively repairing older GoldSrc engine games.

epicnemesis

This update actually makes me angry. Which makes me feel like an entitled prick. Which makes me angrier.

But seriously, don’t update the 21 year old game. It’s been 12 fucking years since you left us with a cliffhanger ending. (Spoiler warning?)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
This update actually makes me angry. Which makes me feel like an entitled prick. Which makes me angrier.

But seriously, don’t update the 21 year old game. It’s been 12 fucking years since you left us with a cliffhanger ending. (Spoiler warning?)
The game is 12 years old to hell with spoiler warnings

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
vr switch is fucking trash, the vive and index and oculus will transport you to another dimension
Switch vr has that elephant cardboard thing that lets you draw in 3d space.
Like oculus.

So i hardly find it worth it tbh 🤢

sol_bad

Man, why aren't Valve doing Source 3.0 or something and letting developers use it? It's so crazy that they aren't following what Epic do with Unreal.
They had this great engine and then nothing.

Psajdak

Banned
I only played a little bit of first game, so I wouldn't know.

But does the game still uses the same connection for these updates; I mean all these years?

Or is it just something Steam related?

Last edited:

Knch

I only played a little bit of first game, so I wouldn't know.

But does the game still uses the same connection for these updates; I mean all these years?

Or is it just something Steam related?
What connection? (It's indeed Steam now)

Psajdak

Banned
What connection? (It's indeed Steam now)
I meant like if original version of game, when it was released, that it had some online mode, option to connect to Internet for multiplayer, and to download updates, and patches - that that connection was still in use for all that.

Does this win the award for the longest period of time from a games official launch to its last official patch? I was a teenager when I bought this game and now I am almost 40. This is the first time a game patch has made me think about my own mortality, jesus

Knch

I meant like if original version of game, when it was released, that it had some online mode, option to connect to Internet for multiplayer, and to download updates, and patches - that that connection was still in use for all that.
And I answered: "what connection?" Because if you wanted an update in the good old days, you had to click a link on some site somewhere, choose where to save it, navigate to it, double click it, extract it and tell your OS of choice to overwrite the files.

There were probably some official servers for multiplayer though, which are probably long dead.

stranno

And I answered: "what connection?" Because if you wanted an update in the good old days, you had to click a link on some site somewhere, choose where to save it, navigate to it, double click it, extract it and tell your OS of choice to overwrite the files.

There were probably some official servers for multiplayer though, which are probably long dead.
The old Half Life was the WON version, the Steam version has some differences.

nkarafo

And here i am, asking for Portal 2 updates because later Nvidia drivers have graphics bugs with it and all i get is "lol, you high, this game is old af".

mcz117chief

at least valve is working on games :p.
I'm still waiting for black mesa to finish.
I was wondering who did the updating. Do you think there really is some legacy team working on half life or did it come from some modding community and it got whitelisted?

Top Bottom