• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half Minute Hero 2 PC/Steam Release Date: 04/04/14 (no PSP/Vita begging)

Nillansan

glad to see this coming, but I have to be honest with the nature of the way this game series plays it feels more suited to portable systems. If it goes to Vita I'll get it.

The first game was a success on PC, it is quite obvious that the series is well suited for PC.

Wiktor

glad to see this coming, but I have to be honest with the nature of the way this game series plays it feels more suited to portable systems. If it goes to Vita I'll get it. PC will be an eventual purchase at best.

Umm..why? Maybe if it was on home consoles, but a game for short game sessions is perfect for PC. It's why browser games became so popular.

The first game was amazing and really great for short and long bursts.

If it ever went to vita it would be day one but unsure how it would feel on console.

Tensketch

Cannot wait. I got Neo Climax on 360 and loved it, was lucky enough to snag a free steam code when they were promoting the release too. Fantastic game, cannot wait for the sequel, if it's priced right I will force my friends into buying it for multiplayer.

Outstanding, more people need to play this series. The original was hands down the best game on the PSP. Hopefully one day these games come to GOG, though Japanese pubs seem a lot less inclined to try out DRM free distribution services.

Praying it does well on Steam, I want a HMH3!

What was wrong with the PC port anyway? I don't really remember anything blatantly terrible.
I had some issues with it not saving my options, some button prompts and the occasional crash. Also the Goddess Room was missing, which was basically a checklist of all the items, enemies, characters in the game, as well as some cool bonus art. Trying to fill the latter helped me stumble on some of the more obscure content of the game. Good times.

I was recently told in another thread that most of these issues were addressed in a patch though. I'll probably give it another replay in preparation of the sequel, so I'll be able to confirm the fixes then.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some here may be interested in this news: Groupees' latest bundle just went live and in addition to a handful of other games you can get the original HFM for $3.50 (in the form of a Steam key), which is equivalent to roughly 65% off the base price.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Some here may be interested in this news: Groupees' latest bundle just went live and in addition to a handful of other games you can get the original HFM for $3.50 (in the form of a Steam key), which is equivalent to roughly 65% off the base price.

Thanks for posting this. I never got around to playing my PSP copy. Hopefully the second one does well when it comes out too.

Tensketch

Oh god. Is it bad that I have only just clicked on to the constant sexual innuendos in these game titles?! I feel like a proper idiot for only just getting this.

Half Minute Hero.

Mega Neo Climax.

The Second Coming.

Amazing.

Cool, with some media out there I'll put together an OT tonight and post it on Monday or Tuesday, whenever the date is announced (unless that ends up being late April, but I'm guessing we're looking at the next two weeks).

Also, owners of the first game just might get a special something when the second game comes out
AKA a coupon, holla.

Also, Steam Trading Cards?

this is a dream... dark souls 2 AND half minute hero 2 in the same month ? this world is really nice sometimes

but i love my vita too...

$999.99? Welp that's what I get for going to the Time Goddess all the time. =P

Nice that owners of the original game get a 25% discount towards the sequel. Can't wait for Friday to come.

Grief.exe

I liked the first one on PSP (bought it on UMD for my PSP and later a digital version for the Vita). Thinking of getting the 360 version as well, for the achievements...maybe this might be the time to do it to get me prepared for the the PC release!
The Steam version has three times as many achievements.

5so0cvg.png

Multiply your dreams by 3.

This is actually a perfect release date for me. We've got new flooring being put in on Saturday and I'll be stuck in the back room for eight or ten hours while it's happening.. so ima power through a good portion of the game while I'm trapped.

Top Bottom