• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half of Fortnite $$$ Came from 1 system

Zeroing

Banned
Yes, even the environment part is true, when compared to any other company in the world, Apple does the most in this respect and it's not even close. Take the second biggest tech company in the world, Samsung, it doesn't even come anywhere close to Apple regarding these issues, Apple is just so far ahead of the rest...
Just because they do a little bit less impact does not mean they are pro environment!

a few months ago I was watching planet of the humans and I nervously laughed when they found out that Apple cleared a big forest for solar panels who in order to work needs to be plugged to the power grid…

they don’t care, they just say that in order for people to buy their products.

Bragr

Banned
Can't be right, it's huge on PC, I don't doubt that PS4 is the main driver, but that PC is THAT low? just doesn't compute.

waquzy

Just because they do a little bit less impact does not mean they are pro environment!

a few months ago I was watching planet of the humans and I nervously laughed when they found out that Apple cleared a big forest for solar panels who in order to work needs to be plugged to the power grid…

they don’t care, they just say that in order for people to buy their products.
Nah, you can't say that. The definitely care more than all the other companies. And that's a fact, you can hate Apple as much as you like.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Nah, you can't say that. The definitely care more than all the other companies. And that's a fact, you can hate Apple as much as you like.
I don’t hate Apple, they are like any other company. They just sell you a different type of marketing fairytales …

that’s the sad part they are all the same.

waquzy

I don’t hate Apple, they are like any other company. They just sell you a different type of marketing fairytales …

that’s the sad part they are all the same.
But that's the thing, they are not all the same! Go and do some research, Apple contributes to making a difference in climate change more than any other company... it's not just marketing. Could they do even more? Of course, but like I said before, no other brand/company comes close to doing what Apple is doing at the moment, regarding environment. Simple as that, case closed.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
But that's the thing, they are not all the same! Go and do some research, Apple contributes to making a difference in climate change more than any other company... it's not just marketing. Could they do even more? Ff course, but like I said before, no other brand/company comes close to doing what Apple is doing at the moment, regarding environment. Simple as that, case closed.
what exactly are they doing? Planting a tree for every time they glue all their products, making it impossible to repair?

ok case closed… Apple win, people buy their products and defend the company for free…

PS gamers actually spend money on games it seems
All PC games know that for years. Bethesda officially stated that ever since they moved to Consoles, that had been where their money had been coming from. PC is the best way to play TES games but console is more profitable.

And this just reinforces how stupid all the posts about "Microsoft will making so much money off PC gamers" and "console sales don't matter" had been. Go ahead; abandon your console. See what that get you. Console brings in the money, if not as much as smartphone gambling machines.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm like the opposite of an analyst and I figured this was the case (PS the largest share), though I didn't expect it to be damn near half.

Still, $700m USD on iOS is nothing to sneeze at. That's still some serious revenue for a free to play game.

CitizenZ

Banned
As the actual game is free, is the only measuring stick on who buys more outfits? Congrats to consoles...I guess.

As the actual game is free, is the only measuring stick on who buys more outfits? Congrats to consoles...I guess.
it also indirectly reconfirm the ratio of console split in number of player bases. As in Playstation has a little less than twice the number of players than Xbox. Roughly only but not unusual consider other data metric we already had.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I expected more from PC. Like.... way way more, like what? Millions of kids playing it on PC with no money to spend I guess. Legit thought PC would be number 1.

Perhaps parents would prefer to pick up a plug and play console than build a PC for kids.

Last edited:
I expected more from PC. Like.... way way more, like what? Millions of kids playing it on PC with no money to spend I guess. Legit thought PC would be number 1.
PC gamers have more options. Overalll PC has a larger market, but the types of games being played are just different. More specifically the major games like DotA2 are PC only so you don't get to compare them with console sales.

reksveks

All PC games know that for years. Bethesda officially stated that ever since they moved to Consoles, that had been where their money had been coming from. PC is the best way to play TES games but console is more profitable.

And this just reinforces how stupid all the posts about "Microsoft will making so much money off PC gamers" and "console sales don't matter" had been. Go ahead; abandon your console. See what that get you. Console brings in the money, if not as much as smartphone gambling machines.
Except fortnite doesn't represent all games, some bethesda games will definitely be more like ffxiv or cyberpunk in terms of split between devices.

jakinov

Well that makes sense, now.

So mobile gaming might not bigger than console gaming… interesting.

Anyway Apple and Epic can destroy each other…we shouldn’t care.
The “secrets” are coming out due to this.
For just Fornite. Bioshock and other console ports probably make less money too. It's not always ideal to play Fornite on the go on mobile and if you're home they can plan on any other device for free.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Fortnite is the Jesus Christ of gaming. There, I said it.

In 20 years we'll be distinguishing time as B.F. and A.F. due to its impact on the medium. This single game may have changed Sony's entire approach to the next 10 years.

Praise be to you oh magnificent one. We are not worthy.

supernova8

Banned
Anyone 'Member how Fortnite was shown first as a Mac title, in a significantly different form?

Reminds me of how they also lost Halo

Wonder where the mac gaming world if these two were exclusive

Wow how they did hell did Fortnite end up shitter than what they showed on Mac.
Plus, yeah I thought that was the whole point of calling it "Fort"nite, because you build forts. There's very little fort building in Fortnite now other than building big stair things to block bullets.

ksdixon

So PS is the cash cow? So why were Sony essentially forced into approving fortnite cross play with other platforms?

ksdixon

Mobile gaming is as big as people say it is, but its a different sort of content that is its backbone.

Its why I've always been luke-warm on XCloud's chances. People don't want console type experiences on their mobiles, they want things that are built expressly for the pattern of usage you have with a phone or tablet.
Depends. I can tell you my old PSP got lots of love on the train, commuting to uni. If you got a handheld, you probably want the portability aspect, but you want "real games" rather than phone style games.

I've never bought the line that people don't want big games on their portables, it's all about the portable having all the buttons needed...

But what's the difference between that, and clipping a controller to your phone and doing remote play/streaming?

Zeroing

Banned
For just Fornite. Bioshock and other console ports probably make less money too. It's not always ideal to play Fornite on the go on mobile and if you're home they can plan on any other device for free.
Oh I had no idea, all I know about fortnite is that younger people play it a a lot

The PS / Xbox split seems in line with market share.

I actually find it refreshing that people seem to avoid playing it on mobile devices. I don't begrudge mobile players, but prefer developers avoid shackling a console / PC game with the need to run on mobile.

And I find it surprising Switch did not sell comparable to Xbox. In my little corner or the world, Switch seems like the younger siblings Fortnite machine.
Much like the wii was their grandparents' bowling sim- the cosmic ballet, goes on

LordOfChaos

Wow how they did hell did Fortnite end up shitter than what they showed on Mac.
Plus, yeah I thought that was the whole point of calling it "Fort"nite, because you build forts. There's very little fort building in Fortnite now other than building big stair things to block bullets.

I was interested in the campy zombie survival game back then. The small chapter bits of single player they release now are vastly more interesting than the BR game itself to me, I just never had fun in the entire genre (ok, I may have had fun one time in Apex Legends, but it's still a watered down Titanfall)

supernova8

Banned
I was interested in the campy zombie survival game back then. The small chapter bits of single player they release now are vastly more interesting than the BR game itself to me, I just never had fun in the entire genre (ok, I may have had fun one time in Apex Legends, but it's still a watered down Titanfall)
Yeah I totally relate, I still don't understand the buzz around battle royale games. They do not interest me at all.

I would much rather just have Battlefield 2 remade, but maybe I'm old-fashioned.

Top Bottom