• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Anniversary by Certain Affinity (Update: Frankie Denies #83)

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ouxzzsB.png

https://twitter.com/CertainAffinity/status/332867649556070403

XrLL9ON.png

https://twitter.com/CertainAffinity/status/332646817563021313

via wwm0nkey

Update, Frankie denies:
And why hasn't Stinkles been in here to deny it yet? Oh wait, here he is, denying it.

I have no idea what the project he is tweeting about is, but CA works on more than just Halo stuff for companies other than just 343, but it is absolutely NOT H2A and nobody is currently working on any such thing.

Halo 2 will always hold a special place in my heart. Leave the multiplayer as it is (none of this forge powered map remake bullshit) and I'll buy it sight unseen.

Hmm, I don't believe that Certain Affinity is making Halo 2 Anniversary alone. If they are making it, they will probably make it in conjunction with Saber Interactive and 343 (design only), just like Halo Anniversary.

Campaign
Redesign some of the levels to be more open and have a wider scope
Use the Elite and Brute AI found in Halo 3 & Halo Reach
Get rid of 1-shot Jackal Snipers
Increase the background warfare (buildings collapse into the distance and dogfights in the air)
Include another Earth Level, another Halo level, and another ending level that bridges the gap between the orginal Halo 2's end and the start of Halo 3.

Multiplyer
Get rid of ALL the glitches.
Get rid of BXR.
Eliminate noob combo by depleting Plasma Pistol Charge
Reduce Sword Lunge

And Halo 2 becomes pretty much perfect. There is no need to be 100% faithful to the original Halo 2, it's campaign isn't as revered as the original Halo's was, and improving multiplayer design flaws is just accepted practice.

wwm0nkey

Certain Affinity? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh its just a port, if an awful studio like Saber (at least their gameplay department) can make CEA's campaign good I can trust CA to give the graphics a nice bump and add a few new things like theater.

(If Halo 2 gets spectator mode it will be the greatest thing ever)

border

I wonder what the Halo 2 maps will be like with armor abilities, loadouts, XP leveling, and random weapon drops.

:\

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Explain this to me, because I don't get how someone going "Fifth amendment" is confirmation of anything.
That's why there's a question mark in the topic title, though I asked a mod to remove it because I feel it comes off as though I am asking if CA should remake Halo 2.

I don't see that Campaign standing up in the current environment.

It was criticised at the time. Now? I don't think metacritic would be kind to a pure H2A. Unless it was particularly cheap.
Given to every Durango owner who purchases within the first 12 months?

Korosenai

Explain this to me, because I don't get how someone going "Fifth amendment" is confirmation of anything.
I guess they mean "I plead the 5th", meaning theyre keeping their mouths shut on the topic.

So its not a yes or a no, but they didnt just outright say no so there is still hope.

cluto

I wouldn't be surprised if HaloTwitterMan isn't actually talking about H2A, especially after both Frankles and Ellis strongly denied its existence. I hope this is Halo 2 Anniversary, but whatever it is, I'm sure it will be disappointing if Halo Anniversary is anything to go by.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ohhhhh yeah

Really excited that the original halo 2 multiplayer lead is at certain affinity

Just hope they don't mess up the maps if they do MP (like the H3 remakes)

I will buy the ever loving shit out of it

At the risk of them altering other things, I hope they get rid of all the glitches and super jumps for matchmaking. They can put it in a classic mode that can still be played through custom games.

This, of course, assuming they're remaking the MP, which I'm not fully confident they are. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't.

Does CA make any of their own stuff?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
well halo 5 wont be ready till next year so why not have some form of halo game for durango launch ? it would seem redundant not too and alot of people have wanted this

I wouldn't be surprised if HaloTwitterMan isn't actually talking about H2A, especially after both Frankles and Ellis strongly denied its existence. I hope this is Halo 2 Anniversary, but whatever it is, I'm sure it will be disappointing if Halo Anniversary is anything to go by.

Frankie said multiple times we wouldn't get Halo CEA either, and look what happened.

Top Bottom