• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 Classic Multiplayer in 1080p/60fps IGN First

Moments like these question my decision of buying a PS4 instead of a XONE, why did you have to force Kinect on release MS just why???
I so want a Xbox One again but I already am heavily invested in the PS ecosystem that it would be hard to do just that.

Save up, put a few bucks aside for a while

kamakazi5

That's the first gameplay video I've seen and it looks great but very strange. It seems somehow "fake" looking, it don't know another way to describe it. I wish I was going to be able to play it.

DJ88

Can't believe I'm gonna have to buy a Halo machine. Thanks a lot 343! I was planning on keeping it limited to 2 systems this gen!

Madness

If "no fun allowed" means you don't get to be an asshat, then yes - no fun allowed.

Not that I'm suggesting that is the title to use, but is "Halo MCC OT: the best Bungie game this year" as an OT title really being an "asshat"? The Battlefield OT is literally titled "is it fixed yet", and I think the Unity thread, the consensus was Parite or something to criticize the parity stuff.

I personally loved Stinkles', MCC OT: the War on Color, especially after seeing Bloodline gameplay.

Pudge

That's the first gameplay video I've seen and it looks great but very strange. It seems somehow "fake" looking, it don't know another way to describe it. I wish I was going to be able to play it.

That's because it's a smooth 60FPS and you're used to 30

Detective

This really made my day. Thanks alot MS/ 343i for this amazing treasure. And Franky for answering our quetions :)

Could somebody tell me who Mix is? 343? Thanks for keeping the OT clean.

i'm so hype to play one flag/one bomb again. objective gameplay at it's finest. i just hope that everyone doesn't always vote team slayer...

Gotta assume that your continued ducking of my question about choosing a datacenter means that it is the middle finger for everyone not in north america right!?

Can you at least try to be respectful to Frank/343? If he can answer, or feels comfortable at this time, he will.

It's not like he even has to be on these forums asking our questions/concerns.

i'm so hype to play one flag/one bomb again. objective gameplay at it's finest. i just hope that everyone doesn't always vote team slayer...

Dude I know! One bomb assault on Burial Mounds was so much fun. Trying to jump the bomb through the front window was so awesome.

Kibbles

Watching the H2Classic MP was nostalgia overload but it was completely ridiculous how every single kill had like 3 or more medals. This doesn't have to do with them being able to be on/off, I want them on, but there shouldn't be medals for every single hing imaginable. It looks crazy absurd and I honestly can't believe that has made it through and the game is shipping like that.

Sephzilla

Watching the H2Classic MP was nostalgia overload but it was completely ridiculous how every single kill had like 3 or more medals. This doesn't have to do with them being able to be on/off, I want them on, but there shouldn't be medals for every single hing imaginable. It looks crazy absurd and I honestly can't believe that has made it through and the game is shipping like that.

You can set it back to use Halo 2's medal system or turn it off outright in MCC. Though I do agree, it seems like you get a medal for everything now.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Not that I'm suggesting that is the title to use, but is "Halo MCC OT: the best Bungie game this year" as an OT title really being an "asshat"? The Battlefield OT is literally titled "is it fixed yet", and I think the Unity thread, the consensus was Parite or something to criticize the parity stuff.

I personally loved Stinkles', MCC OT: the War on Color, especially after seeing Bloodline gameplay.

I can't speak for Bungie, but it seems rude to me. And you have about infinity other phrases to use instead. Not to mention the fact that actual Destiny fans absolutely love the game and a lot of them are in here because they love both.

VinFTW

I can't speak for Bungie, but it seems rude to me. And you have about infinity other phrases to use instead. Not to mention the fact that actual Destiny fans absolutely love the game and a lot of them are in here because they love both.

Yup. I agree the title is amusing and truthful (IMO), but it would completely alienate a good portion of fans on this site.

Why not have a good title everybody will feel welcome with?

I would hate to see the Halo community divide itself on the site, especially with such an amazing collection of games. The more the merrier.

Detective

Well said Frank.

Sephzilla

Technically it doesn't say Destiny is bad, it just implies that the MCC games are better (why can't both be good?). I think it's a pretty harmless joke. But I totally get your point.

Blueblur1

To hurt you.

Original and Off are options.

Can't their placement be improved upon? There are literally 6 or more medals on-screen in some screenshots. Did that not raise an alarm at the studio and cause someone to question their implementation? I would love to play with the new medals but if they're going to obstruct the left portion of the screen then I won't be able to. Is it really not possible to prioritize which medals get displayed and test for feedback and bugs?

I say all that because your response reads, to me, like "take it and like it or turn it off altogether". As opposed to something along the lines of "we can look into it".

Can't their placement be improved upon? There are literally 6 or more medals on-screen in some screenshots. Did that not raise an alarm at the studio and cause someone to question their implementation? I would love to play with the new medals but if they're going to obstruct the left portion of the screen then I won't be able to. Is it really not possible to prioritize which medals get displayed and test for feedback and bugs?

I say all that because your response reads, to me, like "take it and like it or turn it off altogether". As opposed to something along the lines of "we can look into it".

It's less that one month before release, and the game is probably already finished or close to being finished so it can be shipped and printed. Do you want them to delay the game to fix something that can be turned off?

^What Groovy said.
It's less that one month before release, and the game is probably already finished or close to being finished so it can be shipped and printed. Do you want them to delay the game to fix something that can be turned off?
Updates.

dwells

So, on this whole medal fiasco. I get that we can turn them off, and I'm very, very grateful for that. That being said, my question is why are they there in the first place, and why so many? Does a routine kill that earns zero medals in Halo 2 really need to suddenly earn five medals?

It seems to me that the overuse of medals ultimately devalues them. If every kill spits out a medal and you've got fifty plus of them at the end of the game, it's going to be kind of hard to care about them at all.

1y7IIlF.jpg

Hubble

Technically it doesn't say Destiny is bad, it just implies that the MCC games are better (why can't both be good?). I think it's a pretty harmless joke. But I totally get your point.

Agree the OT idea, it's just a harmless joke and seems perfectly fitting with the enormous hype Destiny received while giving homage to a masterpiece of a game that is 10 years old or more (not going to bother looking up release dates) that's being resurrected.

Netprints

So, on this whole medal fiasco. I get that we can turn them off, and I'm very, very grateful for that. That being said, my question is why are they there in the first place, and why so many? Does a routine kill that earns zero medals in Halo 2 really need to suddenly earn five medals?

It seems to me that the overuse of medals ultimately devalues them. If every kill spits out a medal and you've got fifty plus of them at the end of the game, it's going to be kind of hard to care about them at all.

It appears that the medals are glitched in the video. The first on in the screen shot looks to be the splatter medal.

Fuck me I want this so badly

Fuck not having enough $$$

FUCK

Loved Halo 2. My first real online experience and so many great nights with friends playing Halo 2.

Ryan_IGN

Fair warning for tomorrow's coverage, though I can't imagine it will head off the "IGN sucks" posts much anyway:

Tomorrow's feature isn't for you guys. It's called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 8 Maps You've Probably Never Played" and it's a look at the six Halo PC and two Halo 2 Vista maps included in MCC that the less-hardcore-than-you-guys Halo fans have likely never seen.

Deep dive on Coag Anniversary (i.e. Bloodline) with Max Hoberman on Friday, then Halo 3 and 4 footage (my god...Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps impressed the hell out of me) next week, among other things.

Ape

Banned
Fair warning for tomorrow's coverage, though I can't imagine it will head off the "IGN sucks" posts much anyway:

Tomorrow's feature isn't for you guys. It's called "Halo: The Master Chief Collection's 8 Maps You've Probably Never Played" and it's a look at the six Halo PC and two Halo 2 Vista maps included in MCC that the less-hardcore-than-you-guys Halo fans have likely never seen.

Deep dive on Coag Anniversary (i.e. Bloodline) with Max Hoberman on Friday, then Halo 3 and 4 footage (my god...Halo 4 at 1080p/60fps impressed the hell out of me) next week, among other things.

IGN SUCKS

Why wouldn't we be interested in this? One of the main concerns we have is how this coverage is only 10 seconds long for a package that launches in under one month; the lack of substantial coverage is why people are getting antsy. Obviously the blame shouldn't be put all on you guys, but you do receive some flack for it.

PS - The Pistol is not OP, so thank you for shutting Mitch up on a previous Podcast Unlocked ;]

klodeckel

Banned

All cool! Great coverage so far, really! :) Looking forward to tomorrow as I never played those PC maps.

However, please tell your web team they should improve that media player :p

Sephzilla

MOqAti7.jpg

Gaz_RB

Hyped to see some Halo 3 and 4 gameplay.

DJ Gunner

The medals are completely glitched in these clips, if you look close. One kill gets 5-6 medals, but only one is relevant (splatter medals for headshot kills, multiple assasination medals for a single kill, etc.)

Ein Bear

That footage looks absolutely insane. God I'm just so excited for this game, the post-3 Halo games never really did it for me multiplayer-wise, so it's been far too long since I've binged on Halo online.

If we're throwing out OT titles, I nominate 'A monument to all your sins'

thats awesome, Icefields and Timberland are one of the best Halo maps ever :)
lets hope there will be gameplay too in the article :p

Sounds good to me. I never played on the PC maps, so it will be like a whole new map pack for me.

Don't worry about it man, at this point you're doing God's work.

Toa TAK

Banned

Thanks for the heads up. I'm pumped for those who never played these maps to play then in the collection

Dream Wanderer

Neo Member

Thanks Ryan.

Top Bottom