• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 coming to iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I don't know if I can graduate college if Halo 3 comes to PC

60fps, 1080p, dedis, potential mod support...oh my.

If GFWL does end up being dead, I wonder what that ends up meaning for GFWL achievements. Do they end up being a rarity, never to be earned again?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I wish Frankie would stop denying things quite so aggressively. I get the temptation to deny everything, because if you only deny false things then silence becomes confirmation, and companies want to manage their announcements and leaks are unfortunate, etc, but there's a difference between "We don't comment on rumour and speculation and you guys are definitely reaching" and a sort of total, categorical, the door is closed, what kind of an idiot would ever think this denial.

ElRenoRaven

You know. While I'd love for the rest of the franchise to be on PC it's just not going to happen folks. It really isn't. Don't you think they'd have announced something at the biggest trade show of the year for gaming? I mean come on.

I can dream though of someday having all 5 of Bungie's glorious games on the PC together and on steam at that.

You know. While I'd love for the rest of the franchise to be on PC it's just not going to happen folks. It really isn't. Don't you think they'd have announced something at the biggest trade show of the year for gaming? I mean come on.

I can dream though of someday having all 5 of Bungie's glorious games on the PC together and on steam at that.
While I have little hope for 343 doing something cool like a Steam trilogy release, I wouldn't take E3 silence as indicative of anything. That's the console show.

I wish Frankie would stop denying things quite so aggressively. I get the temptation to deny everything, because if you only deny false things then silence becomes confirmation, and companies want to manage their announcements and leaks are unfortunate, etc, but there's a difference between "We don't comment on rumour and speculation and you guys are definitely reaching" and a sort of total, categorical, the door is closed, what kind of an idiot would ever think this denial.

But if it's true in the end, no one is going to hold a grudge. It's kind of funny but in the long run, his future denials are meaningless.

jim2011

No. The xbox one was the focus of E3 for microsoft. Talking about old games coming to rival services and operating systems would not help them.

Grief.exe

Its arguable that they would be trying to draw the most attention towards their newest console, and away from a platform that doesn't generate revenue on every game sold.

But a Halo Trilogy release on DD for PC would net them revenue in the short term, and into the future because of long-tail sales, and potentially recruiting new customers for Halo 5 on One.

Skelter

Banned

I don't want the rest of the franchise. I just want Halo 3 everything past 3 is crap.

ElRenoRaven

It wouldn't have to be announced during the press conference. It very well could have been announced like other smaller projects are at E3. Well any other smaller projects or Nintendo games.....I still wuv you anyway Nintendo. lol

ElRenoRaven

Oops didn't mean to double post. Sorry about that.

I don't want the rest of the franchise. I just want Halo 3 everything past 3 is crap.

Oh no you didn't. ODST and Reach were damn good. Sure Reach's multiplayer wasn't that great due to armor abilities but it was still fun when you ripped them out. lol

Then ODST was damn fun on Legendary. I'll never forget a pair of hunters chasing me through buildings with me low on ammo.I think most really didn't give that game a chance due to the price which I agree should have been 20 bucks cheaper.

Sibylus

Banned
Reach was a blast for BTB (whether Spartan or Elite, I loved each in their own fashion), and it had its sparkling moments for campaign.

Skelter

Banned
Oops didn't mean to double post. Sorry about that.

Oh no you didn't. ODST and Reach were damn good. Sure Reach's multiplayer wasn't that great due to armor abilities but it was still fun when you ripped them out. lol

Then ODST was damn fun on Legendary. I'll never forget a pair of hunters chasing me through buildings with me low on ammo.I think most really didn't give that game a chance due to the price which I agree should have been 20 bucks cheaper.

Well I borrowed the game so the price wasn't an issue. I just remember being really bored and only bothered continuing for some co-op fun. Halo 3 is one of the few shooters I can play without being bored to tears. Fyi I don't really enjoy shooters which is why Halo 1-3 are special to me.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Probably accurate since microsoft likes to support iOS before windows phone.

Trey

I would buy this trilogy again almost too quickly if it came out for PC with all the bells and whistles.

Grief.exe

No, I wouldn't, but I'd follow the thread like mad. Halo 3 is my favorite game ever. I had in mind to do the OT for it if such a release happened.

That's not me. My name's not Michael. I'm a girl.

It just seems strange that you wouldn't truly be involved with the community.

Sure you would post in the thread, but you wouldn't be experiencing the game, having a laugh in Mumble with the GAF crew, or understand the particular requirements or intricacies that come along with PC ports.

When the inevitable Halo 5 release on Xbox One, could we have assurances that you would still be involved in the PC thread? Would you still post and make updates? Rational behavior would dictate the majority of your time would be spent in that particular OT.

If we decide to have a special Halo theme night or host a GAF server, would we have to PM you in order to add it to the OP?

I would like to do the OT, but I would have no issue conceding the thread to someone else. But it would be nice to know that certain things are taken care of appropriately for the benefit of the community.

belmonkey

I'd be curious about how the Halo fans would split up between the games though. I'm still a big fan of Halo 2, but Halo 3 is great as well.

Grief.exe

I'd be curious about how the Halo fans would split up between the games though. I'm still a big fan of Halo 2, but Halo 3 is great as well.

A valid point. Releasing all 3 at once with multiplayer capabilities would fragment the community.

Most people would probably gravitate towards Halo 3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Sure you would post in the thread, but you wouldn't be experiencing the game, having a laugh in Mumble with the GAF crew, or understand the particular requirements or intricacies that come along with PC ports.

When the inevitable Halo 5 release on Xbox One, could we have assurances that you would still be involved in the PC thread? Would you still post and make updates? Rational behavior would dictate the majority of your time would be spent in that particular OT.

If we decide to have a special Halo theme night or host a GAF server, would we have to PM you in order to add it to the OP?

I would like to do the OT, but I would have no issue conceding the thread to someone else. But it would be nice to know that certain things are taken care of appropriately for the benefit of the community.

Assuming there is an actual community.

Those are all good points, but if Halo 3 came to PC I'd probably upgrade my computer just to play that game. That'd be awesome.

Caayn

A valid point. Releasing all 3 at once with multiplayer capabilities would fragment the community.

Most people would probably gravitate towards Halo 3.
What if it's one game, were you can choose between Multiplayer, CE Campaign, 2 Campaign and 3 Campaign. The multiplayer would contain all maps from CE, 2 and 3. And would have to take on one of the three settings.

It sound very unlikely but it would be very awesome if 343i going to do it this way.

Halo 2 is still the online pinnacle of the franchise. So many hours spent on that game back in the original XBL heyday. I still believe that the maps are the best Bungie have ever made.

Halo 3 was the last all round great entry in the series - not perfect, but had no major issues like Reach and to a much larger extent Halo 4.

Halo: CE is one of my favourite games ever but I already have it on PC and the remake on 360, so it's hard to get as excited about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom