• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

Diablohead

Jun 4, 2006
UK here and odst stopped at 99% with an installation stopped error.

waluigi_waah.wav

*edit* I am not in any preview program

Leyasu

Apr 25, 2014
Hmmm I downloaded halo POS collection from the US marketplace, and now I think that odst will be downloading from the UK marketplace. OK, so now I'm slightly worried.

I have already installed the CU for the POS collection though.. Another 30 mins should be enough time to see how this goes...

@ Stinkles, in the patch notes, it says that the dedicated server handling has been improved. Could you shed some light on what that means please??

The_Decryptor

Neo Member
Jun 27, 2013
My One hates this update, it's stuck on "Ready to Start" at 1% completion (And barely downloading anything), ODST drops in and out of the download queue, also changing size (Latest estimate is a 0GB download), and if I start the MCC then quickly switch to something like the friends app, I get a black screen with the selection highlight from the dashboard overlaid on top of it.

All in all, not that different from normal operation.

AcePartyN7

Sep 12, 2013
twitter.com
I tried to change the region but still the same, I have 2 Xbox One at home, one for my girlfriend and one for me, we used one code because both console are linked together for all the content bought together, is the problem could come from here or the preview program? We both have the preview program btw... Her installation of odst is at 95% so I will see if its working for her or not as the code was used by her profile and console.

Caayn

Mar 10, 2013
The Netherlands
Hmmm I downloaded halo POS collection from the US marketplace, and now I think that odst will be downloading from the UK marketplace. OK, so now I'm slightly worried.

I have already installed the CU for the POS collection though.. Another 30 mins should be enough time to see how this goes...

@ Stinkles, in the patch notes, it says that the dedicated server handling has been improved. Could you shed some light on what that means please??
Halo POS? Precursor Organon Secret?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Jun 9, 2004
www.eurogamer.net
I forgot just how much I loved this game. The change in pacing and the general atmosphere are just outstanding. So far the XO port seems pretty good too.

Still miss the original loading screens (which kind of fed into the game's atmosphere) - the static unified screens used for MCC are a lot less attractive.

Akai__

Jun 14, 2012
Redowloading from the US store fixed the problem for me. Time to play!

Yeah, it makes sense, because the file size is actually larger in the US version.

I just checked mine and it continued to download. It's now at 39%, but it's really slow.

AcePartyN7

Sep 12, 2013
twitter.com
Trying from the us too let's see... I will not be surprised if its indeed an issue outside US only because US got logically everything first which is normal as Microsoft is from here.

CRAIG667

Jan 10, 2015
Ergh, mine has stopped at 100%, if anyone finds a fix let us know please.
Tried powering down and rebooting, to no avail.

Edit: I'm UK based

ryushe

May 16, 2011
soundcloud.com
I won't be near my XB1 for a few weeks. Is there anyway to redeem the code on anything other than the One? I've tried the smartglass app and nothing.

FyreWulff

Jan 21, 2010
The Internet
fyrewulff.com
The Destiny Easter Egg in Halo 3: ODST was removed.

Surprise factor: 0

Wonder if the Siege of Madrigal egg still exists

Glass

Nov 5, 2014
So it's not released as the standalone product yet? When do all those Xbox currency points run out again?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Sep 5, 2004
Arakeen

K.

jem0208

Jul 17, 2013
Okay, so I got the installation stopped error as well.

I'm going to try and do what Blue Ninja said and download from the US store.