• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 ODST codes are currently being sent out

Uzny

ODST is cool but why the change to CE pistol? Emptying 2 mags on someone isn't fun. 4 grenades on respawn are back at least.

Izuna

Banned
This is bugging me.

Screenshot-Original.png

Is it supposed to be like this?

If so then I just have a bad memory, but it just feels like something is wrong.

Leyasu

Banned
I would like the return of Connection Options as well. Allow us to choose whether we only want 100% Dedicated Servers that are closest to us. I mean, even with the p2p option, if Microsoft is having problems with their servers you cannot to other players in TMCC regardless (as we have seen recently).

That would be great. Unfortunately, I think that we will have to wait for halo 5 for that though.

ODST is cool but why the change to CE pistol? Emptying 2 mags on someone isn't fun. 4 grenades on respawn are back at least.

30 secs respawn on Derelict also isnt fun although its like in the original game now :(

aside from that great update, really
currently downloading ODST :)

Izuna

Banned
Zoom & Shoot is kinda weird, it doesn't descope automatically unless you were scoping for a much longer time than other games.

JP

Wasn't sure if I'd qualify as I didn't take the MCC online but logged in to see the message waiting. :)

What changed with the CE pistol? a multiplayer change or are you on about something else?

Wasn't sure if I'd qualify as I didn't take the MCC online but logged in to see the message waiting. :)

You just need to have played the MCC while your xbox was connected to live, not the MP portion I believe.

Izuna

Banned
ODST is definitely the best Halo. In terms of weapon balance (outside of the Sniper being ass), recoil, enemy hitboxes etc...

Atmosphere is amazing too. I miss FireFight, but I'm more than happy with this.

Just got my code, downloading now. I have it on 360 sitting on my shelf, but sadly I never got around to popping the disc in the console. Now I'm looking forward to trying it out on the one.

JP

You just need to have played the MCC while your xbox was connected to live, not the MP portion I believe.
That's what I was hoping when they announced it but it was never quite clear to say 100% either way. I would have happily bought it for the price it's going for anyway but it's always nice to things for free.

Anyway, I hope people are enjoying it.
definitely! and the TU is really awesome, MM is faster, playlists are better, fileshare is really back! Good job guys!

If you can add Reach in the futur with the firefight ^^ (my favorite Halo with CE, it will be the best collection ever made!) I will gladly pay for it.

Btw I think 343i, should re-release the game as "Halo the collection" or a game of the year version whatever is the name, with all the updates, maps, 2 BR if needed in shop.

Still I can't wait Halo 5, I miss the beta.

Playing buck's part of the campaign.

"There's a gap, floor it!" game presumes I am in a vehicle.

I jump on foot.

cutscene shows me in a warthog
2lANo.png

I really hope that halo 5's campaign is a lot more like ODST and less like Halo 4's, playing ODST again is really nice and the tone is perfect.

SaganIsGOAT

Pro tip, either start the update and let it completely finish before redeeming ODST and downloading it or vise versa. I made sure MCC was quit out of and redeemed my ODST code. Once ODST was fully downloaded I started TMCC to start the 2.5gb update. I ignored the "ready to start" message on the game and waited for it to leave my queue before attempting to start it. Worked perfectly.

No code for me :( I was hoping they would slip up and give it out to bums like me who bought the game in February. Ugh 343 never makes mistakes where they should, I'm outraged.

Been playing it and i love the difficulty. Even on normal its a little difficult to adjust to. Jumping, aiming, and the weapons just feel a bit weaker because you arent a badass spartan.

I hope Halo 5 will have a good difficulty.

Whoa!

Had no idea Joe Staten did indeed go back to working on Halo, just knew he left Bungie...

He's at Xbox, not just at Halo. He's writing a digital Halo novella to be released in December-ish, I think. He also showed up in the MCC Vidoc.

Not too far a stretch to imagine him going back to writing for Halo games, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Toa TAK

Banned
He's at Xbox, not just at Halo. He's writing a digital Halo novella to be released in December-ish, I think. He also showed up in the MCC Vidoc.

Not too far a stretch to imagine him going back to writing for Halo games, but I'm not sure it'll happen.

This would be amazing.

Download almost done. Can't wait to bite into it and his commentary.

Top Bottom