• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Boxart Revealed

MrDaravon

That is pretty amazing. The only thing that really bugs me is his chestplate; with the angle it looks like the his upper chest is really elongated or something. It's hard to describe but I totally can't unsee it.

KevinCow

Banned
Looks nice. But what's with this recent trend of revealing boxart before you've even shown off the game? AC3, COD:BLOPS2, and now Halo 4. Bizarre.

Looking at the previous Halo boxart, Master Chief looks like the smallest Master Chief yet in Halo 4.

Also, I can't help but hear the INCEPTION HORN while looking at it.
I thought that Halo 4 is going to have big areas because of the size of the Chief related to the background.

That's probably one of the most artistically tasteful covers for a super-mainstream game.

I'm impressed.

tumblr_m352cmdfsH1qa6imd.gif

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Conor 419

Banned
Looks like the first scene in the game. Chief has just crash landed and is now taking in his surroundings, from then on it's explore explore explore!

God I hope the game is open world.

Looks nice. But what's with this recent trend of revealing boxart before you've even shown off the game? AC3, COD:BLOPS2, and now Halo 4. Bizarre.

Actually, there are in game pictures available. I think they where published on the game informer site somewhere on their Halo 4 hub. There's also the vidoc that shows about 1 minute op short gameplay bits.

Mechazawa

Halo 3's was terrible. I remember laughing at what a terrible mock boxart it was. And then it turned out...

But yeah, this one is fantastic. I'm sort of surprised it actually made it through whatever processes need to be gotten through that ends up giving us so many generic, ugly boxarts.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Probably the best (and arguably the only good) cover art I've seen for any of the Halo games, although I have no idea what that fan-like thing in the background is supposed to be.

heckfu

Banned
Subtle?

I've been a part of Halo-GAF community since Halo 3 and a fan since day one. Brush up on your Halo-GAF lore.

I don't like Halo 3's box art but that has nothing to do with the quality of the game, I adore it.

This boxart is just fine and I think it gets you excited that MC has crashed landed on a weird and mysterious planet. But I think the old design adage "less is more" applies here and I would have liked less commotion going on in the composition. This has nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

No need to get all butthurt.

Yeah, I should TOTALLY brush up on my Halo-GAF lore. Sounds like an excellent use of my time.

Also, the word butthurt? Textbook internetting.

anastazius

Neo Member
I can't wait. Looks fantastic.

Can anyone who doesn't like Halo 3's boxart explain why? I've always been a big fan of it; looks kinda.. subdued as if Master Chief is reluctantly about to go and do horrible things in the name of peace.

And I like the quiet' sunrise' aspect of it.

Is it just me?

Conor 419

Banned
Man, I hope the box remains completely untainted. Put all the other shit on the back, the front is too good to change.

It's like a book cover, combine that with the epic sense of scale and a scene which clearly displays the start of this new journey and the whole thing is incredible.

Top Bottom