• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console bundle announced (399)

Reach 360 was the only limited edition console I liked I think, maybe the Gun Metal PS3 as well but that MGS logo on it is kind of a turn-off.

Okay let me get this out of the way....

I am one of the biggest Halo fans on the planet and the Halo games simply OWN every other gaming franchise known to man...

But what the heck is WRONG with some of you guys?:( You seriously have me worried about your overall tastes in some things. I CRINGED when I first saw this poor excuse for an LE console.

Are some of you guys serious? The design, colors, patterns. What a nasty looking color blue mixed in with those HORRIBLE patterns makes me want to scream in pain.

I tried to picture this thing in my living room and couldn't bear it. Who the hell or what team at MS approved of this?! Wow. Just wow. They must really think you can throw the word Halo on Horse shit and people would buy it. Wow.

Okay let me get this out of the way....

I am one of the biggest Halo fans on the planet and the Halo games simply OWN every other gaming franchise known to man...

But what the heck is WRONG with some of you guys?:( You seriously have me worried about your overall tastes in some things. I CRINGED when I first saw this poor excuse for an LE console.

Are some of you guys serious? The design, colors, patterns. What a nasty looking color blue mixed in with those HORRIBLE patterns makes me want to scream in pain.

I tried to picture this thing in my living room and couldn't bear it. Who the hell or what team at MS approved of this?! Wow. Just wow. They must really think you can throw the word Halo on Horse shit and people would buy it. Wow.

I like it. You know different opinions and all that......

EYEL1NER

But what the heck is WRONG with some of you guys?:(
Not hard to figure out.
Some people like basic, bland, 'sleek' stuff that is a single color.
Some people like flash.

Usually I am in the single color 'sleek' camp, but I like how flashy this is. I like the colors a lot too. And I cannot wait to see how translucent it is. If it is as translucent as I am hoping for, it will look great in person.

Double D

Looks kinda ugly to me.

I'll be fine with my Star Wars 360:

xjgut.jpg

Internet Brofist

border

Not hard to figure out.
Some people like basic, bland, 'sleek' stuff that is a single color.
Some people like flash.

This console is not flashy. It's tacky.

This is like having a dragon airbrushed on the back of your van. Or wolves on the side of your Toyota.

jeffwolfoutsideright.jpg

EYEL1NER

This console is not flashy. It's tacky.

This is like having a dragon airbrushed on the back of your van. Or wolves on the side of your Toyota.

jeffwolfoutsideright.jpg
Where is the dragon on this console? Or the wolves? All I see is blue and white lines on a grey color. I mean, I guess if you hate the color blue or something, I could see hating this.
But there is no tribal artwork, no intricate design, no logos. Just some lines and colors. .

The controllers are pretty tacky, I'll give you that.

NH Apache

Banned
Translucent is nice touch, but I would be wary of purchasing a 400 dollar 360 possibly a year before next gen release (my rough guess).

rozay

Banned
Where is the dragon on this console? Or the wolves? All I see is blue and white lines on a grey color. I mean, I guess if you hate the color blue or something, I could see hating this.
But there is no tribal artwork, no intricate design, no logos. Just some lines and colors. .

The controllers are pretty tacky, I'll give you that.
that's a bit of an understatement imo

Whoever mentioned it was translucent, that makes a lot of sense as you can tell by the look of the slits on the side, what appears to be a visible DVD drive, and various other seams on the case. Doesn't help my opinion of it though.

border

Where is the dragon on this console? Or the wolves? All I see is blue and white lines on a grey color.

The idea is that there are some objects that generally remain monochromatic (cars, appliances, furniture), and they just look garish when they have wildly colorful designs painted all over them. If the pattern on the 360 was on a car, it'd look stupid there too.

TheOddOne

Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 console bundle confirmed, photos
Today in front of thousands of “Halo” fans in attendance at San Diego Comic-Con, Microsoft and 343 Industries revealed the Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” console bundle – the perfect celebration of the return of the Master Chief in “Halo 4.” The limited edition bundle and accessories showcase a never-before-seen unique design inspired by the game and include everything you need to bring the “Halo” mythology right into your living room.

The Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” console bundle is available for pre-order today and will arrive in stores with the launch of “Halo 4” on Nov. 6, 2012. This must-have bundle contains an exclusive, custom-designed console and two exclusive controllers inspired by the game, a standard edition copy of “Halo 4,” a wired headset, a massive 320GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, and Xbox LIVE tokens for exclusive “Halo 4” in-game and avatar marketplace downloadable content. The “ring of light” on the console, as well as the Xbox Guide button of the controller will showcase a glowing blue color to match the overall “Halo 4” color scheme.

As the definitive console bundle of 2012, the limited edition console bundle offers an incredible value for fans who want to enjoy the immersive world of “Halo 4.” The Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo 4” bundle is available through your favorite retailer while supplies last, priced at $399.99 (U.S. ERP).

In addition to the limited edition console bundle, Microsoft and 343 Industries are releasing a standalone Xbox 360 “Halo 4” Limited Edition Wireless Controller. The graphics on this controller will feature the United Nations Space Command (UNSC) emblem on a dark grey translucent body, and will include an Avatar T-shirt as exclusive downloadable content. The “Halo 4” Limited Edition Wireless controller will also feature the “Halo 4” glowing blue Xbox Guide button. This product will be available by Nov. 6, 2012 and is priced at $59.99 (U.S. ERP).
More pictures at link.

Top Bottom