• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console bundle announced (399)

Row

Banned
looks nice, but I could never buy one of these LE consoles, stick out like a sore thumb next to your tv and other devices and the novelty wears off fast I imagine

Seance

Banned
Yup, you could get a Xbox for 399 at launch or 399 now.

Now you get a 2nd controller, 320GB HDD vs 20GB HDD, and game though.

Also wifi and the other improvements made to the S. Price cut will come when Durango is announced most likely.

Agreed though, it is expensive.

Striek

I personally like the look.

I don't know why you would complain about the price of what is essentially a CE console. And besides, you can always wait until after the holidays and buy it for probably cheaper than a normal system when they go on clearance (at least you could here for the other Halo editions).

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I know this is subjective but sometimes it amazes me how shitty people's taste can be. This looks so much better than the Halo 4 one. Best looking LE home console this gen IMO.
That's pretty much how I feel. Though you expressed it more tactfully than me, heh.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It's on par with tacky console decals you can buy for 25$. Not a very big fan.

x360-twolves.jpg

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I'd need to see larger pics to decide whether I liked it or not. It looks okay, but if it literally says HALO 4 anywhere on it that will change completely. Designs on these LE consoles are fine, I just hate when they emblazon the name of the game on them. So tacky.

How is any iteration of the 360, special edition or not, still $400 seven years after release? This doesn't even include a Kinect, right?

Satchel

Banned
Microsoft you motherfuckers.

Think I'll need to sell my modern warfare 2 console to get this one.

Doesn't look great in pics. Reach one is nicer.

But I have the Halo OG Xbox, the Halo 3 puke green one and the Reach S. this thing is mandatory at this point.

Fuck.

segarr

Love the bundle. I need a new 360 and a pack with a 320gig HD, 2 controllers, a copy of the GOTY Halo 4 [:p], and a wireless headset! Very temping. I do prefer the look of the Reach one though but I don't really care. rarely even look at my consoles anyway.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Microsoft you motherfuckers.

Think I'll need to sell my modern warfare 2 console to get this one.

Doesn't look great in pics. Reach one is nicer.

But I have the Halo OG Xbox, the Halo 3 puke green one and the Reach S. this thing is mandatory at this point.

Fuck.
You have no one to blame but yourself.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They really need to go back to doing them like this:

halo3xbox360.jpg

That, is a sexy console.

It looks nice in pictures but have you seen it in person? It's absolutely atrocious looking. The color scheme is terrible.

Sad that the Halo 4 one isn't very good and is $399. I was hoping for a cheaper 360 for this holiday season so I could play Halo 4.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Ugly.

$400 seems like the only price it was ever going to be though, since a 250gb regular console is still 300..

zewone

This is awful. Whoever thought this looked nice, your mothers should probably still dress you. Reach console is much cleaner. Really disappointed on this.

Blueblur1

I feel compelled to buy it simply because it's a Halo special edition (sad fact: I own all three released thus far). But I don't need it. I don't need it. I'll just keep telling myself that. :p

I can see those controllers going for $100 each on EBAY...

Anyways, i thought they would've waited until the Wiiu's price was announced and then matched that price with this bundle.

Lombax

Banned
That has to be one of the ugliest consoles I have ever seen. Its almost worse than those god awful mcfarlane halo 3 controllers.
IMG_2106.JPG

Biscuits

Reminds me of those generic "graphic" tees you can get at most clothing stores :/

That has to be one of the ugliest consoles I have ever seen. Its almost worse than those god awful mcfarlane halo 3 controllers.
Hey I got one
on sale
!

madmackem

looks nice, but I could never buy one of these LE consoles, stick out like a sore thumb next to your tv and other devices and the novelty wears off fast I imagine

Yep i have had nearly every limited console apart from the reach one. It wears off fast, the last one i bought the gears one is now been given to my mam for netflix and sky and i have a nice plain slim white console.

border

This has to be one of the most ugly consoles Microsoft has ever produced. So busy, so garish, so thoughtless and tacky. I was utterly beside myself reading the first ten replies that were like "DAYYYYUM, that's some hot shit right there! Pre-ordered today!"

This system is roughly the equivalent of one of those collared, silk button-up shirts that has a gigantic wraparound print of Goku shooting a fireball. Which I guess explains its appeal to a small, but enthusiastic and tasteless niche of the community here.

dude527

Neo Member
I might just get this. I hate the look, but I can stand it. My Xbox 360 is still the OG one from the console's launch, and I can tell it's very close to going bad. I've been looking to update to Slim, in fact, so I guess this is kind of perfect... Wish it had Kinect thrown in, was the Limited Edition of the game, and was about $100 cheaper... but whatever, I guess. I'll just take what I can get. A new console is a new console.

Wonder if it will have any other goodies than the mostly-online ones. I'm kind of puzzled that the real life in-game swag fad has worn off. I've got all of these nifty little statues - Noble Team, Marcus Fenix, a Facehugger, etc - but now all of the games I pre-order are suddenly only giving me digital goodies, usually skins.

I hope to god that this isn't the final 360 bundle, all said. I would like a few more goodies and a discounted price perhaps. I'm not sold at all on this yet.

EDIT: Also awaiting bigger pictures. And from multiple angles. I guess I hold out a morbid measure of hope that this is just a poorly taken angle/shot...

Mindwipe

Urggh. What the hell were they thinking? That is really very ugly indeed.

Oddly the only nice special edition of the Xbox 360s was the UK Union Jack one. And that was only okay because the flag was a decal, so you could leave it off and get a nice plain white slim Xbox that went with existing accessories.

Top Bottom