• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Master Chief new design revealed (Toy)

xHAASx

Banned
It looks...exactly the same.

Nah, but I'd want that.

halo-3-master-chief.jpg

Mechazawa

It looks unbelievably fucking stupid. Like they made a separate skin tight suit and a separate armored model and smash them together in the dumbest fucking way possible. That crotch region is particular...

The E3 model someone posted earlier is much better.

So I should be as obscure as the changes to each new Halo game?

Not sure if serious.

Halo 2 Added dual wielding and made Xbox Live the Success it is today
Halo 3 Added Equipment and was the First game for current Gen systems
Halo Reach Added player loadouts, weapon bloom and Armor Abilities along side adjusting player movement drastically.

And those are just the large changes that happened to the Core multiplayer if you wanted i could list every individual change to the game but i doubt it matters since you obviously misinformed and uneducated in regards to Halo multiplayer and people like you will never change their opinions.

Not sure if serious.

Halo Reach Added player loadouts, weapon bloom and Armor Abilities along side adjusting player movement drastically.

And those are just the large changes that happened to the Core multiplayer if you wanted i could list every individual change to the game but i doubt it matters since you obviously misinformed and uneducated in regards to Halo multiplayer and people like you will never change their opinions.

Those are some big changes. Definitely.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Way overdone, in my opinion.
Why is his entire lower-abdomen/pelvic area barely protected? Looks like a logical location to place some actual plate armor, instead of just a black skin-tight ninjasuit.

J@hranimo

Banned
Are we all talking about a toy based on the Halo video game series? Toy looks like crap. Master Chief looks cool according to that picture from last E3 someone posted a page ago.

Looks roughly the same. Seeing as Halo 4 is most likely a FPS and in multiplayer you'll be playing against people with customized armor, this doesn't strike me as being an issue.

MAtgS

Does it bug anyone besides me that there's less & less actual armor plating with each new game?

By Halo 6 it'll literally be nothing but the underlining.

Apath

Every Halo game feels very different from its predecessor. The smallest jump in the series, IMO, was Halo 2 -> 3, and even then, I feel they're set far enough apart to where I cannot jump between them effectively.

I'm not sure why Halo is consistently held to this standard of having to reinvent itself for each successive title.

FyreWulff

Not sure if serious.

Add in the TU debate within Reach and you'd see the game has a ton more things going on than some think.

^ Those pictures sell me on the design a lot more. Still, I cant say too much until I see him in engine.

Nah, but I'd want that.

halo-3-master-chief.jpg
Damn that was sexy. I prefer MC in golden hues, or slightly muted blueish hues. His green can look awkward at times. Also, while Halo 3 MC looks super nice there, in the game he looked scrawny and awkward from some angles.

Im curious, what type of changes would you want/suggest? I am not disagreeing that there is room for change, but Im also kinda confused at your definition of changes. Halo Reach changed it up a ton, for better and worse, but the game isnt going to be changed to play like another FPS such as CoD.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Dead Space-ish. It's an improvement at least.

This is the first thing that I thought when we got that Halo 4 teaser last year, seemed to have taken hints from Dead Space to make MC more agile, not a bad thing of course, for a super soldier I always thought he moved like an old man.

Does it bug anyone besides me that there's less & less actual armor plating with each new game?

Yeah and where he has armor it's totally unproportional, apparentely they think it's much more important to protect a very specific part of his upper arms instead of his stomach or dick. I guess master chief wasn't that much into sex anyways though.

The shot from the trailer looks better though.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I dunno. He kinda looks like some custom made guy from Reach instead of the Master Chief. i guess the new developers want a new look for their game.

hyperbole. i like it. it does seem a little bit off to me for some reason, but i still like it.

Acrylic7

He looks as if he can move a lot faster. I'm geussing more agile gameplay is what they have in mind. Especially after that acrobatic BS that was in the exploding ship trailer

But how the fuck does he turn his head? I don't like it. This lightweight armor needs some tweaks imo.

xHAASx

Banned
^ Those pictures sell me on the design a lot more. Still, I cant say too much until I see him in engine.

Damn that was sexy. I prefer MC in golden hues, or slightly muted blueish hues. His green can look awkward at times. Also, while Halo 3 MC looks super nice there, in the game he looked scrawny and awkward from some angles.

Im curious, what type of changes would you want/suggest? I am not disagreeing that there is room for change, but Im also kinda confused at your definition of changes. Halo Reach changed it up a ton, for better and worse, but the game isnt going to be changed to play like another FPS such as CoD.

In-game is a distinctive story.

Demon Ice

Banned
From
Master_Chief-H3.png

to

tumblr_lzapffKOK51r2yc4mo1_1280.jpg

is pretty terrible. No shoulder armor, doesn't look like he should be able to turn his head, and his chest plate has a bunch of gaps leading directly to the under-armor now. Doesn't really make sense at all.

xHAASx

Banned
He looks as if he can move a lot faster. I'm geussing more agile gameplay is what they have in mind. Especially after that acrobatic BS that was in the exploding ship trailer

But how the fuck does he turn his head? I don't like it. This lightweight armor needs some tweaks imo.

tumblr_lkqt7gawiO1qi4o5t.gif

That's an excellent question.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss

It's actually very meta. Halo is an FPS, and in FPS's, you don't turn your head-just the entire body. 343 is ahead of the curve; that's all.

Top Bottom