• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Mohonky

hnnnng

(Surround sound finally justified)

To give you an idea my setup is;

Onkyo TXSR707
Earthquake Platine Noiree front / center
Klipsch Satellite rears
Paradigm Seismic 110
Earthquake Q10B Tactile Transducer (150watt amp atm)

This game sounds fucking awesome. Unfortunately it was 1am when I started playing so didn't have it up, can't wait till tomorrow when I can really get it going :)

Hey Frankie, I'm loving the console and controller design of the LE console, but I think it would look much better if all the buttons were blue, or a blue/white combination. Does Microsoft restrict what you're able to do color-wise with the buttons?

I should no better by now, but I am still blown away but what they can squeeze out of the 360 graphically. There are moments where you will stand on a cliff and just look out into the vastness, and admire the scenery. Its so funny that the last time I did this was Halo CE.

You do kind of get lost in the worlds.

USF

Cant join games, keeps giving me this error

BzURL.jpg

jbug617

Banned
Hey Frankie, I'm loving the console and controller design of the LE console, but I think it would look much better if all the buttons were blue, or a blue/white combination. Does Microsoft restrict what you're able to do color-wise with the buttons?

I remember that one of the transforming d-pad controllers had grey, black and white buttons

MrBig

Cant join games, keeps giving me this error

Put your 360 in your router's dmz or forward the ports required for xbl.

e: vv yeah I read that wrong.

Can you not join any xbl MM game or is it some friends game that you can't join?

Any of you want to run a BTB party tonight?

That's a shame. Go grab a copy tonight man!
I did that with Reach and had to endure a terrible French dub, I'm not too eager to do it again.

What really pisses me off is that the delivery estimate moved 2 days right after the game shipped. Hoping they're way off the mark. It usually takes 3 days, not 5.

This can't be happening!

My copy was supposed to be shipped today but instead I received an e-mail that there was a problem with my credit card...

I'm using a prepaid credit card to order from the UK (don't want any of that German voice acting) and only now did I realize that for some reason there wasn't enough money on it.

Crap. Now I've got to wait another 1 or even 2 days until they ship it... that is, if no other problems arise because my credit card might not have the necessary coverage until Wednesday.

I can't believe it. I thought I had made sure to put enough money on it months ago!

Olivero

Zero sleeps remain.

"Through Knowledge, Victory.
Through Unity, Peace. Honor,
Valor, Allegiance. Today.
Tomorrow. Forever. Together
We Rise. Together We Prevail.
Forward Unto Dawn.
From Earth, For Earth. Honor,
Valor, Allegiance, Excellence.
Today. Tomorrow. Forever.
Together We Rise. Together We
Prevail. Forward Unto Dawn.
From Earth, For Earth. Honor,
Valor, Allegiance, Excellence.
From Earth, For Earth. Today.
Tomorrow. Forever. Together
We Rise. Together We Prevail.
Forward Unto Dawn. From
Earth, For Earth. Through
Knowledge, Victory. Through
Unity, Peace."

I am pretty sure I am going through Halo withdrawls right now.

All I want to do is finish my day at work and get home to play more Halo! I haven't felt like this since Halo 3. It's funny, I was pretty much ready to give up on the Halo franchise after how little interest I had in Reach, but Halo 4 has 100% renewed my passion for the game.

Can't wait until everyone gets the game tonight, it will be tons of fun to get big GAF games going.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's not really just the hype that's getting to me, I haven't played Halo since CE and 2 (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed) and I've been craving it. Given my financial situation, not gonna be able to get a 360 until Black Friday/Christmas.

Amazing how the Halo franchise is still a system seller. A true remnant from the age of "killer apps". It's gonna be fun to see this kind of thing play out again with PS4/720.

rakka

was worried splitscreen was going to make big sacrifices visually but damn it still looks good as far as campaign goes (haven't gone online yet)

I mean, even the shadowing on your gun is still there!

Sanjuro

It's not really just the hype that's getting to me, I haven't played Halo since CE and 2 (both of which I thoroughly enjoyed) and I've been craving it. Given my financial situation, not gonna be able to get a 360 until Black Friday/Christmas.

Amazing how the Halo franchise is still a system seller. A true remnant from the age of "killer apps". It's gonna be fun to see this kind of thing play out again with PS4/720.

The Return of Crash Bandicoot!

My Amazon preorder says "Shipping Soon", but I got charged last night. This is normal, right? I don't normally preorder things from Amazon that I actually am this concerned with getting on day 1. Usually I just get a package around release day and am like "oh right I ordered this!"

feel

I am pretty sure I am going through Halo withdrawls right now.

All I want to do is finish my day at work and get home to play more Halo! I haven't felt like this since Halo 3. It's funny, I was pretty much ready to give up on the Halo franchise after how little interest I had in Reach, but Halo 4 has 100% renewed my passion for the game.
Nice.

Fuchsdh

My Amazon preorder says "Shipping Soon", but I got charged last night. This is normal, right? I don't normally preorder things from Amazon that I actually am this concerned with getting on day 1. Usually I just get a package around release day and am like "oh right I ordered this!"
What's your estimated arrival date?

Zomba13

My copy arrived today. Gonna play it now. I won't get banned right for playing 5 hours (according to dash) from release?

What's your estimated arrival date?

Still tomorrow. I'm sure it's fine, but I've had times before where the estimated arrival date was still listed as one thing even several days after that date had passed, so I just wanna make sure errthang going smoothly.

Top Bottom