• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Jeez I'm getting really concerned, because although the ETA is still tomorrow, I have two-day shipping and it hasn't even shipped yet.

It's a petty thing to be upset about, but I'm going to be a bit angry with Amazon if the game doesn't arrive tomorrow, because that was the main reason I ordered it instead of just going to Gamestop.

Boogybro

Order dispatched. Should be here tomorrow.

MFW
badcagetys1d.gif

Also haven't read or watched a single thing on this game. Expectations couldn't possibly be any more in check.

Gah. My Amazon order still hasn't switched to 'shipping soon.' Delivery is tomorrow.

They just don't update it live. They've probably already shipped it using 1 day delivery at no cost even if you picked ground or 2 day as long as your date is listed as tomorrow.

Kum0

Just got my dispatch mail from Amazon UK!

Est date: 06/11... now come on Royal Mail!

Soon it will be time to unleash the beast!
633077208.gif

Grisby

Can't make it to the lanuch tonight. Been to all of them since 3.

Sill can't believe it's finally coming though. Excited.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
it really is, it really is...
so many fantastic gifs will come out of this game.

its just a real shame that there is no theater/screenshot function for campaign. wallpapers for the rest of my life would have been secured.

For the moment. It's something we'll take a look at for a future update.

S1kkZ

For the moment.

oh boy :) i hope you can make it work but i dont expect it. a screenshot function (during the game, with the option to hide the gunmodel and hud) would be enough.

and congrats, the game is really amazing. i still dislike some leveldesign/mission elements and parts of the story, but overall its really amazing. very good work 343!

Stinkles

realtime and its not even the most impressive human/facial animation in the game. the cutscenes in this game are fantastic.

The following is a real spoiler. Don't highlight if you haven't played the first level of the game.

First time I got a still image from the prologue of Halsey I thought it was reference material, not the actual model. In fact the only "uncanny" part of her, from my perspective, is the intersection of her arms and torso.

S1kkZ

The following is a real spoiler. Don't highlight if you haven't played the first level of the game.

First time I got a still image from the prologue of Halsey I thought it was reference material, not the actual model. In fact the only "uncanny" part of her, from my perspective, is the intersection of her arms and torso.

was really blown away by the prologue. whats even more impressive: while there is a difference between the cg and realtime cutscenes, the realtime stuff still holds up and sometimes looks almost on par.

While the music during the campaign never really struck any chords with me, I love hearing the main theme every time I boot it up. Have it stuck in my head too.

It wasn't until I saw the hair that it stopped looking photorealistic, but I knew it was CG coming into it because I heard that elsewhere. I would've been fooled otherwise.

'scuse me. You clearly know that I have played the first level but I have no clue what you are referring to. The Franchise development director spoiled me.

Stinkles

the
Halsey
part was live action or cg wasn't it ?

CG. Although funnily enough, we filmed a "live action" prototype of that scene more than a year ago, with Jen and another actor to try out some of the dialog.

S1kkZ

While the music during the campaign never really struck any chords with me, I love hearing the main theme every time I boot it up. Have it stuck in my head too.

there was one moments where i nearly dropped the controller because of the awesome music. but i agree: the rest of the game has one huge problem: the music is overshadowed by the sfx and voices, which are way to loud. the music is fantastic but you barely hear it.

forget the theater stuff frankie, give us a sound menu.

rakka

CG. Although funnily enough, we filmed a "live action" prototype of that scene more than a year ago, with Jen and another actor to try out some of the dialog.
hmm I have to go back later. I could have sworn it was live action lol, it was pretty fucking amazing cg if so.

Okay. Here's my deal. I wanna get halo 4 tonight. If I go into gamestop at around 8 and preorder, and also trade in these games for it: skate 2, viva pinata: trouble in paradise, and blops. According to their site I should get an extra 10$ for trading in three games and an extra 30% since it's going toward H4. According to CAG's gamestop trade in value calculator thing I should get about $42 or something? Does this seem right?

Just make sure the value of the games is at least $2. That's Gamestop's fine print on that deal. I tried trading in about 15 crappy games and they only netted me about .50 for each ha.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So I must complete a challenge on chapter -1 is not a valid entry? Aw yeah

(Halo waypoint error on the furthest right challenge)

Rev3rb

Does the sound of the BR get higher when you're about to run out of ammo? Keep hearing something like that in videos

Top Bottom