• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT| Spartans Never Die

Fuchsdh

its nice that the assist system is far more generous then reach at least...

Yeah and I think the switch to a points system as opposed to kills is actually something I'm really happy with. Objective games are and should be caps, time, etc., but I think there are tangible benefits to encouraging teamwork and "style" in fragging.

The HaloGAF customs were fun, Dani. More complaining about Erosion!*

*When I actually do start Forging in 4 I do think the Lagoon is the first place I'm going to try out, just sucks that you can't get to the far edges without the softkill boundaries. In Halo 5 I'd really love for those hard-coded boundaries to always be visible to Forgers.)

I like and hate seeing my skill degrade over a gameplay session. I guess it's my mind telling me to take a break.
Worse is when you start off cold and not in the right state of mind, but then you tell yourself "come on, can't end like that," keep playing, and keep digging yourself into a deeper hole as you get more frustrated.

Did that all the time in 3...luckily Spartan Ops gives me a good other thing to fall back to when I have those moments in 4.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
SWAT being replaced with Snipers? :\

I'd love to see a statistic of which team gets snipers more often.
Feels like every Ragnorok game has 4 camo snipers on each team, sometimes more on one due to the global ordinance drops.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Join in progress. Ragnarok CTF, 5 v 3, 3 - 0 score and 2 Mantis spawn camping.

Nice system you have there 343.

Also, has anyone played a game of CTF on Ragnarok that got to 5 caps? Limit should be 3.

IJoel

Playing H4 on legendary, and the part
where one has to clear a LZ after coming across the Infinity
is really aggravating due to the nonsensical disappearance of dropped weapons. I don't remember this being an issue in previous Halo games.

Trey

82HXC RW7GM WMCWH M2HKT HY2X9

Male Avatar Armor:
XB6R9 RPQ88 2RFPV YXD2K PB9K4

Female Avatar Armor:
GPP8P WF4D6 PW8PM WGQ9Y 7MDW8

If you claim it, please say so.

exYle

Forerunner mutations could probably augment people in some pretty crazy ways. Plus, four is death, after all.

Cool design for the sake of cool design is cool with me.

Also, are you gonna make them different colours? That'd be the best way to distinguish between troops.

Giard

Don't know why, but I'm so much better at this game than in the other Halos. I have a K/D ratio of 2, in the older ones I had 1.

exYle

Don't know why, but I'm so much better at this game than in the other Halos. I have a K/D ratio of 2, in the older ones I had 1.

Have you been playing for long? I had a K/D ratio of more than 3.0 before matchmaking kicked in and my K/D ratio normalized to about 1.7. Higher than previous games, but still relatively average.

Giard

Have you been playing for long? I had a K/D ratio of more than 3.0 before matchmaking kicked in and my K/D ratio normalized to about 1.7. Higher than previous games, but still relatively average.

I've played 21 games, so not too many.
I guess you've played with a lot of good players if you think 1.7 is average!

Ecrofirt

I just got done with the campaign on Heroic, and I've go to say...
I loved every second of it.

I don't play many video games any longer. The only game I bought last year was Halo: CE Anniversary, and the only game I bought this year was Halo 4.

It took me 17 long hours to finish the game, mostly across two very long play sessions yesterday and today. The game was good enough that time completely got away from me both days...

Yesterday, I started playing at around 11:00PM and when I checked my cell phone it was 4:00AM.

After I got home from work at 5:00PM today, I started playing again, and i just finished the campaign a few minutes ago.

Really, really great game.

clav

Netcode is really bad tonight.

What's going on?

Looking at my bandwidth chart, I see that the game data in/out goes sinusoidal. Regular PC downloads are fine with a straight line.

Same room. Line. Connection.

Definitely something wrong with the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Netcode is really bad tonight.

What's going on?

Looking at my bandwidth chart, I see that the game data in/out goes sinusoidal. Regular PC downloads are fine with a straight line.

Same room. Line. Connection.

Definitely something wrong with the game.
no bro

you are making things up

there are 0 connection issues

salt salt slurp slurp

Yeah but we've got like 40 custom maps were about to dump into the IS playlist so people will probably be begging for SWAT back soon.

:)

H3fAZ.gif

pakkit

Banned
Favorite map is easily Adrift for Slayer. Well designed without being boring. Haven is nice but it's almost too open. Complex is definitely too open, which is why you'll find a lot of campers indoors.

Feindflug

Finished the first two episodes of Spartan Ops yesterday with a friend and while it was really fun the lack of scoring/skulls & the instant, unlimited respawns (I'd prefer Campaign-like respawns when all the players are dead the mission will restart from the beginning) were kinda disappointing...leaderboards could've been a good addition too.

Is there a word from 343 to add/alter any of these things (and scoring at the Campaign)? the mode has a lot of potential and it'll be a shame if at least scoring and skulls ain't coming. :(

FyreWulff

Finished the first two episodes of Spartan Ops yesterday with a friend and while it was really fun the lack of scoring/skulls & the instant, unlimited respawns (I'd prefer Campaign-like respawns when all the players are dead the mission will restart from the beginning) were kinda disappointing...leaderboards could've been a good addition too.

Is there a word from 343 to add/alter any of these things (and scoring at the Campaign)? the mode has a lot of potential and it'll be a shame if at least scoring and skulls ain't coming. :(

The only thing they've said is adding theater via TU will be considered, but I don't remember anything about points.

Fuchsdh

∀ Narayan;44467594 said:
Regicide is some good fun. My favorite playlist so far.

I beat Legendary solo a couple hours ago. Pretty fun stuff even if the AI feels weaker than Reach.

There are some really bad instances where I round the corner and the group of Covenant/Prometheans just sit there for a brief second before moving. It's almost like I came around the corner and yelled "surprise"!

It's kind of a distraction from the narrative as you can plainly tell when they're being told to act and spawn in. Dunno why this is an issue compared to previous games (Halo CE had them too, but you usually found those only when you strayed off the beaten path or sped through the level--the Flood spawns and final zone with the Banshees on "Two Betrayals" are two I can think of.)

On an unrelated note: I hear a lot of moaning about monster closets in CE, but as far as I can tell there are no infinite spawns in the game. The Flood ceilings in "Keyes", for instance, go on a long time but you can outlast them (such as the one that is supposed to force you into the coolant pit.) Only one I'm not sure about is the final area before the Index in "The Library". It makes more sense to keep moving, but most zones you can sit around mowing people down if you want until the area's clear.

Top Bottom