• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

ElRenoRaven

Well Halo is back without a doubt and stronger then ever now. Now if we don't like Halo 4's or 5's MP we have the older games to play again. This SOB is preordered!!!

Honestly my favorite part of that entire thing was Kieth David doing the voiceover to the new guy (Agent Who? Missed it) with the remastered cinematic of Chief destroying the Covenant ship above Earth.

So good. So awesome.

Really hyped that classic Halo 2 MP is back. Really skeptical about it until I hear more info though, seems too good to be true right now.

Halo 5 teaser was terrible though.

"We are in the process of constructing a leveling system for Halo 2 MP,” Ayoub said. “You’ll be able to go down and work your way back up.”

fyre pls respond

senador

Banned
Really stoked for the Halo collection. Even just for campaigns all in one place. Need more details though. So confused at how it'll all work. So Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 multiplayer? Would love to see some clips of campaigns. Skulls and stuff in? All the same UI as original games you load into or that all revamped? Hyped! Want details...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Do you mean visually updated maps or actual new, unique maps created for this collection?

Remade H2 faves, with proprietary graphics and a modified version of h2 gameplay. Lockout, Ascension, Zanzi...

OG maps and gameplay completely intact. It's extra content.

Omni

I'm totally not ashamed to say that I punched the air twice and said "fuck yeah" when I saw Halo 2.

There's no chance in hell I'm not buying an Xbone now.

Source

Remade H2 faves, with proprietary graphics and a modified version of h2 gameplay. Lockout, Ascension, Zanzi...

I see, it all sounds good, thanks. And I sure hope Containment, Terminal or Turf gets a visual update.

What you can expect, however – and this is huge news for fellow old-school Xbox gamers – is that Combat Evolved’s multiplayer will be playable, online, in its original form. No more Halo: Reach map packs or excuses about CE multiplayer not “feeling” right online because it never had net code to begin with (let’s leave Gearbox’s Halo PC port out of this). This will be the OG Halo 1 three-shot death pistol, the OG “Blood Gulch,” etc. I politely brought up with 343 Franchise Director Frank O’Connor, and he didn’t shy away when presented with his own previous comments. “It was [a] peer-to-peer [networking setup],” he said of the previous games. “[Master Chief Collection’s] dedicated servers fix that,” leaving 343 comfortable with replicating the offline System Link experience in an online environment. This is what many players wanted in the 2011 Anniversary game, and we’re finally getting it.

BigShow36 pls respond

FyreWulff

Y'all going to need to clarify this since he said six maps were chosen to be remade with the (tm)Power of Xbox One(tm) and then said all multiplayer map ever are in this.

So it sounds like all the maps from every game are ported, then select maps are redone for a specific new mode?

belushy

Banned

Oh okay. I get it. Sucks all the maps couldn't get the treatment, but I understand why.

If I'm in a multi-faith church with all of you, don't let me know where I really am until I play this thing. Please!!

Top Bottom