• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

Booshka

I'm wondering how the Halo CE engine translates to 60FPS, hope there aren't any weird issues with doubling the framerate. Seeing as how so much of that game is tied to the framerate.

60FPS 1080P and Dedicated Servers is all I wanted for Halo CE MP. Not gonna buy an Xbone for it, but hope the MC collection is somehow on PC.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
All online, all 1080p, all 60fps. All co-op too.

H2 anniversary also has classic and new campaign graphics with instant switching.

Kibbles

Will it be demoed on any of the live streams?

All with original online so does that mean Halo 2/Halo 3 ranking systems still in tact? Can we play with 360 players then or is everything reset and only for Xbone? So many questions, wish there was a big ViDoc or something ha

Enfinit

So, let me get this straight:

If we want to play Halo CE's multiplayer, we chose the Halo CE multiplayer from the menu, and that takes us into Halo CE's matchmaking with the accompanied maps, at 60 FPS, with dedicated servers, with that game's specific engine.

If we want to play Halo 2, then we chose the Halo 2 multiplayer from the menu, and that takes us into Halo 2's matchmaking with the accompanied maps, at 60 FPS, with dedicated servers, with that game's specific engine. And in this case, Halo 2 includes 6 updated maps.

If we want to play Halo 3, then we chose the Halo 3 multiplayer from the menu, and that takes us into Halo 3's matchmaking with the accompanied maps, at 60 FPS, with dedicated servers, with that game's specific engine.

Same for Halo 4.

So, does this mean there's essentially four different multiplayer, for lack of a better phrase, "realms"? With individual playlists within those realms, individual populations, and each game's related engine/physics/etc.?

Will Halo 2 and Halo 3's 1-50 ranks make a return in their respective matchmakings?

Does "all maps" include all the DLC maps for each game, or just the original maps each game had at launch?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTION BUT HOLY FUCK THE HYPE TRAIN IS AT A MAXIMUM.

LastChance2Frag

Neo Member
Didn't Dan start by saying something about custom playlist... Was that just about making a campaign playlist or multiplayer, as in bouncing from 1,2,3,4 specific maps in one playlist??

-Ryn

Banned
I can't even describe this! I was literally cheering and dancing. HALO IS BACK!!

brofist_display.gif

You guys are all kinds of badass!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Custom, matchmaking and Spartan ops modes all supported. One blu ray, one UI. Forge and theater will also work.

Source

Any word on Forge and Theater Mode in Halo 2 Anniversary?

EDIT: I read the IGN article. Seems it's not likely to happen I guess.

Rev3rb

IGN has a (surprisingly) good write up on this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...collection-halo-5-beta-announced-for-xbox-one

It has more details than just the announcement.

Also, similar to Combat Evolved Anniversary, the original code is intentionally being left intact, so exploits and glitches like super jumping and BXR should still be possible in Halo 2 Anniversary. Fortunately, thanks to dedicated servers, unplugging your cable modem (aka the “standby” cheat) will no longer work. Two-player online co-op is a new addition.

My God...

antigoon

I am just jubilant right now. I can't even believe this. Original Halo CE multiplayer online?!

SERIOUSLY!??!?!

I seriously have not been this excited for a video game's release since Halo 2 came out 10 years ago.

belushy

Banned
IGN has a (surprisingly) good write up on this:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06...collection-halo-5-beta-announced-for-xbox-one

It has more details than just the announcement.

Wow.. This poster was actually right: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=113681353&postcount=1606

But what’s cool is that you may be presented with three choices that span three different games. Say, Halo: CE’s “Wizard,” Halo 2’s “Lockout,” and Halo 3’s “The Pit.” Whichever gets the most votes is the game that MCC will launch, after which you’ll be taken back to the multiplayer lobby with your friends.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, glitches work in Halo 2 MP? No MP for me then.
EDIT forgetting that i still don't have a reason to get Xbone. MS had nothing interesting that isn't Halo.

I'm totally not ashamed to say that I punched the air twice and said "fuck yeah" when I saw Halo 2.

There's no chance in hell I'm not buying an Xbone now.

Oh I was air punching and yelling. I'm still pacing around like a lunatic.

Basically perfect execution. Couldn't have asked for a better deal.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The conference as a whole was pretty average I felt but holy fuck at the Halo announcement. I can't believe it was actually real.

Halo customs are coming back y'all

Top Bottom