• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 |OT2| TURBO

malfcn

Fucking tired of this shit. I am getting donged on because my shots aren't registering. It is infuriating to either count your shots and see no death, or get a kill and magically the dead person fires 2 seconds after they are dead.

malfcn

I doubt that's the reason. You're probably just bad. Get shit on.

I am not great, never claimed to be. But when my shots actually register I shit on kids. Just had a match that wasn't bad, leading the game. Then a few bozos jump in front of my rockets and boot me. Figures.

Lolz

In my experience it takes several team kills before you get the option to boot.

I thin it is just 2. So when I have rockets and let them go at a crowd of enemies and a few bozos run in front of them. That is all it takes.

JackHerer

I am not great, never claimed to be. But when my shots actually register I shit on kids. Just had a match that wasn't bad, leading the game. Then a few bozos jump in front of my rockets and boot me. Figures.

Lolz

In my experience it takes several team kills before you get the option to boot.

Played some Big Team Infinity and Slayer Pro - first online matches since, well, a long time ago.

Felt good. DMR didn't feel any weaker, but I definitely noticed the BR and especially the warthog chaingun buffs (I beasted and it was glorious). The SAW is still frightening as hell, if not moreso now.

Levels felt fresh. Vortex with Banshees and Mantises, Exile without the scorpion or gauss, Pro without custom loadouts, motion sensors or ordnance, and a new level I hadnt seen before, Settler, which was OK, but the high ground grenade deathtrap was a meatgrinder in the COD sense.

Overall the matches were well balanced and I had fun in every mode, with most of that fun coming from Slayer Pro, which is surprising. I like ordnance and custom loadouts, but remove them and especially the motion sensor, and I don't really miss them.

Hell, take the motion sensor out of everything and I'd be more than happy.

But kudos all around. Looks like Halo 4 will be my Gold swan song after all.

Seance

Banned
Americans don't know shit about poor shot registry. Try getting 50's in H3 on yellow 3 bar connection. Off me kids.

Americans don't know shit about poor shot registry. Try getting 50's in H3 on yellow 3 bar connection. Off me kids.

Third to the party but totally agree mate. International Halo gaming had better get the quality of service Azure/dedicated regional servers it deserves!

I've had a few spotty games where it felt like my hits would not register as well as others, i'm sure something fugly is going on but at least it's not gears of war net code.

I'm also noticing a lot of people I play against going back to the DMR, or that i'm climbing the invisible road to 50 and more top players use the DMR still because it's still a headshot beast.

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys see those AGL FFA Finals? Last 2 minutes were bonkers. Totally did not disappoint. They tied and had to look at least deaths to see who won. Legit took it. So cool to see that Legit is still competing.
Yeah but the Reach FFA mlg where that happened was way cooler I think Kampy and SK were tied. Kampy played without having headphones

VeeP

I haven't played Halo 4 since early January, and I'll probably hope on some time next week.

But I wanted to know, did 343i fix most of the issues? Like weapon balance, JIP, etc.

Gui_PT

I haven't played Halo 4 since early January, and I'll probably hope on some time next week.

But I wanted to know, did 343i fix most of the issues? Like weapon balance, JIP, etc.

Latest update consists of a weapon tweak to the BR, DRM, Carbine, Lightrifle and all Automatic weapons. Increased base movement speed by 10%

They've removed random ordnance drops in exchange for fixed weapon spawns and added new playlists.

As far as I know JIP is still the same

E: Oh and they buffed the damage on the Hog and Mantis

E2: They've also added a rank system kind of like Halo 3 from 1 to 50 for each playlist BUT it can't be seen ingame, only on Waypoint

Latest update consists of a weapon tweak to the BR, DRM, Carbine, Lightrifle and all Automatic weapons. Increased base movement speed by 10%

They've removed random ordnance drops in exchange for fixed weapon spawns and added new playlists.

As far as I know JIP is still the same

E: Oh and they buffed the damage on the Hog and Mantis

E2: They've also added a rank system kind of like Halo 3 from 1 to 50 for each playlist BUT it can't be seen ingame, only on Waypoint

Well more like a machine gun fire rate increase, but yeah they do a good job of sweeping up players with their main guns now.

Not seeing rank level outside of waypoint is beyond silly, at this point I doubt 343i want to pay for a patch update so eh.

Its also very nice to see the red X make a return. Damn helpful that is.

Was that not there at the start? I don't remember but it really is helpful.

DeadNames

Banned
I had a post like two OT's ago that showed the great menu music for the first three games and then the 4th. It's just so 'off' in a way. As soon as I heard it on launch night I was like wtf is this tribal wailing shit.

CyReN posted a great video a few days back, showing what Halo 4 Menu really sounds like.

While I think the menu music is okay, it shouldn't have been the menu music. It should have been part of the suite with the E dorian theme playing first.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm getting donged on. Dunno what's wrong with me. I'm still blaming it on the increased movement speed, lol.

Guys, I figured something out last night.

343 got rid of the skill curve. Think about it. Usually, a skill curve is an upwards line. Without that curve, it's just an incline. And who uses inclines most...?

VxK1IqS.jpg

nL3Xwau.gif

Fracas

#fuckonami
We should get a party going tonight. Had a lot of fun last night, though that was probably because we played babbies most of the time.

The 2-shot BR with damage boost is insane. Can't really challenge the damage boost player if he is aware of your presence. Definitely montage city.

Tawpgun

The 2-shot BR with damage boost is insane. Can't really challenge the damage boost player if he is aware of your presence. Definitely montage city.

The 4 shot is so sexy though. I was playing on Landfall and someone else got the rockets. He saw me before I got any shots on him. I managed to jump off a crate and he got one shot on me knocking out my shields, I while I was in the air I managed to 4 shot him before his second shot.

ZeNy

Neo Member
How did they get a baby grand all the way out there

But yeah, 343 really needs to go back to the classic theme.

I'm not sure they can do it without Marty's permission, even for the main theme.

I would be glad if I'm wrong about this btw.

If you're here Frank or David, I would have a question for you about a Halo game for WP.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The 4 shot is so sexy though. I was playing on Landfall and someone else got the rockets. He saw me before I got any shots on him. I managed to jump off a crate and he got one shot on me knocking out my shields, I while I was in the air I managed to 4 shot him before his second shot.
Feels like Halo.

I doubt that's the reason. You're probably just bad. Get shit on.

No he isn't. There is definitely some issues with registering. I am guessing its from tuning the auto assist/magnetism. I had people I took down when I know I wasn't even close to landing a shot. Same thing the other way around, I get the drop on someone and lay 2 shots into them and then the next 3 just miss. Its weird.

Top Bottom