• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Stats Revealed

Miles X

Source IVGaming.com

"As someone that’s fascinated with the aforementioned numbers, statistics, trends and figures, I thought I’d share a few fun facts about the first five days of Halo 4. I also thought I’d use as many words as possible that start with “f” (minus one) in a single sentence. You’re welcome.

Over four million people played Halo 4 on Xbox LIVE in the first five days.

13.5 million hours were spent playing Campaign in the first five days.

1.9 million hours were spent playing Spartan Ops in the first five days.

16 million hours were spent playing War Games in the first five days.

31.4 million hours were spent playing Halo 4 in the first five days.

1,116,882 people completed the Campaign in the first five days.

6% of total players completed the Campaign on Legendary in the first five days.

43,335,060 achievements were unlocked in the first five days.

2,675,140,836 kills were earned in Campaign in the first five days.

505,250,095 kills were earned in Spartan Ops in the first five days.

1,410,025,354 kills were earned in War Games in the first five days.

4,590,416,285 kills were earned playing Halo 4 on Xbox LIVE in the first five days.

We couldn&#8217;t have achieved any of the above numbers without you, so from all of us at 343, thanks for playing. <3"

Would be more interesting to see the break down by difficulty, I know a lot of Halo vets who played though on normal just to see the story and if it lived up

No Halo vet would play through on Normal!

Hell, I've made it my goal to play through on every one Heroic and I'm pretty terrible but love Halo. I have to be 'in the mode' to play it because it's so intense on Heroic. I'm about 3 levels in right now and it's amazing the firefights. I really hope it 'opens up' more but I am loving it so far.

Over 1/4 of the people who played Halo 4 in the first 5 days beat the campaign within the first five days?! That's gotta be unprecedented.

Izick

1,116,882 people completed the Campaign in the first five days.

0Wgj6.gif

Holy shit! I thought nobody finished games anymore though!?

zlatko

Banned
The campaign is longer than that by several hours. Any longer and it would be overstaying its welcome.

I completed it solo legendary in 7 and a half without rushing and only missing 1 terminal on my own.

Best 7.5 hours ever though and well paced.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Impressive.

Good to see so many people are enjoying all this game has to offer.

Fantastic job by 343i.

eXistor

I find the unanimous love for Halo 4 strange. Simply based on the campaign (I am now at about 75%) I think it's a solid mid-tier Halo, but nothing more. It does everything previous Halo's already did, only it looks prettier. It seems 343 wanted to prove they can copy Bungie, but I think Halo 5 will be the real test: can they make a unique and worthy sequel game or just another copycat? I don't feel like Halo 4 actually adds anything to the series. Again, this is just based on the campaign. Am I missing this "fresh new approach" you seem to be experiencing? Serious question, I really don't see what makes this Halo different from others.

It took me 6 hours and 43 minutes but yeah sure call me salty when you have no idea of my opinion on the game.

There's a lot of short games that can't point to these completion percentages. I didn't finish Halo 4 so quickly because it was short. I finished it quickly because I couldn't stop playing it. Because it's really really good.

SPEA

I have a feeling Halo 4 will age very well. It's just so so polished. Loving every aspect of it. Good on 343 for pulling it off.

JetBlackPanda

Gold Member
its all so deserved!

Halo 4 feels like a next gen game they pulled back just enough to fit on current gen hardware.

I have so many other games right now to be playing but I keep going back to HALO because it feels so good to play.

/bow 343i

KageMaru

Over 1 million campaign completions is the only particularly interesting item for me there.
Does seem high.

Another interesting note is also this IMO:

13.5 million hours were spent playing Campaign in the first five days.

16 million hours were spent playing War Games in the first five days.

Kind of shows that campaign is almost as popular and important as the MP with Halo. I'm sure many wouldn't think this is the case.

Bgamer90

Banned
Still haven't beat the campaign yet. Been so addicted to MP.

It's surprising to me since I'm usually a person that completes the campaign before going into MP. The MP in Halo 4 is that good.

I will beat the campaign this weekend though.

stuminus3

This is what happens when you've got a limitless amount of money to throw at something.

Which in this case was actually the right choice. GG, Microsoft.

This is the first HALO game I have really enjoyed. An achivement actually for someone who was really exceptical.

Awesome job guys. Can´t wait for 5.

Is the campaign not very long?

I beat it in under 8 hours, but I bet there are games that are 1-3 hours long that have a much lower completion rate then that. I wonder if the dude that made Dust: AET could provide us with any completion stats for his game, since he is a gaffer and might be able to chime in on this. I know Dust wasn't 3 hours long, but it certainly wasn't much longer than 5 or 6.

Urgg, I need to get back to this. AC3s been taking up too much of my time. I do love Halo, but I am just not terribly good at them and must have offended the Knights with my inability to shoot with their magic magnet guns because they have taken it upon themselves to slaughter me again and again and again.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Another interesting note is also this IMO:

Kind of shows that campaign is almost as popular and important as the MP with Halo. I'm sure many wouldn't think this is the case.

Yes indeed. Something I recall debating briefly with a poster right before launch.

Top Bottom