• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta clips leak (sprint, ADS is *not* COD-style) (more clips and info added)

Silky

Banned
The best case scenario is if this is a DMR or a BR, or a completely new zoom rifle.

But then again, there's a difference between zoom/ADS.

Except it absolutely does.

A scope obstificates your view so that there is reason not to use it, you lose your peripheral vision.

With aim down sites, there is literally no downside, hence no reason to ever use hip fire.

But in most games, when you're aiming down the sight, your aiming movement is slowed down.

Except it absolutely does.

A scope obstificates your view so that there is reason not to use it, you lose your peripheral vision.

With aim down sites, there is literally no downside, hence no reason to ever use hip fire.

It's funny that people brush off ADS.

I bet it will absolutely affect TTK too. These changes force more variations in gun balance, which I know will be fucked up when you consider balancing both ADS and hipfire.

And any ADS will just slow the game down, and destroy the pace of the game.

If they are adding ADS, then it needs to be effective, and if it's effective, then it changes Halo significantly. If it's not effective or not a big deal, then why is it even in there? Clearly it will have advantages.

It's like people don't learn. Some people still think "We've got a year to change this around if it does turn bad, let's just wait to play it"

Not reading 26 pages. If this is accurate, congrats 343i you have no clue how to make a Halo game, and your CoDification of the game is a disgrace. ADS has no place in a Halo game.

If it's not true, then you know, words and stuff.

funny-gif-bananas-ball-pit.gif

I'm sure that my post will be ignored but I have two things:

1. The "ADS" is with a scoped rifle. The couple of shots prop to tha aim still had a small reticle while moving.
2. Everyone having sprint works better than only a few people having it.

As long as Halo 5 goes back to map control, it will be all good.

Asked around, things can change but, assault rifle got dat ADS too, "pretty much" all the weapons. They're going for that e-sports scene very hard.

Welp.

now MCC makes even more sense, they knew the old fans will not like this and to still get them to buy the XB1. good move because i will not buy anything Halo related past the MCC

what will they be looking forward to after? 343 goes one way and the fans want them to go in another. at what point do you realize they aren't making the games you want anymore?

She knows.

fOWu31S.png

I wonder if it was better to get this leak out of the way today and not during the live stream.

E92 M3

I don't want to jump the gun yet, a part of me doesn't believe that 343 would add ADS to Halo. Lets wait to see what we get for the beta. This might be fake.

People are complaining about ADS but the snap to having them up seems incredibly quick. It's not all that different from the scope in previous games. The biggest bummer about having ADS, is that it most likely means that flinch is back as opposed to getting shot taking you out of zoom (i.e. one of Halo 4's biggest problems).

The other thing people aren't talking about enough is that sprint is still in. Fuck sprint in Halo.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Asked around, things can change but, assault rifle got dat ADS too, "pretty much" all the weapons. They're going for that e-sports scene very hard.

Welp.

This is gonna piss people off. As someone that doesn't like Halo I'm just gonna take any change as a positive right now. Sucks for fans though.

Peterpan

What has 343 industries learned honestly. What Halo fan has said they want ADS, even in the beta it is something they should know does not work gameplay wise for a Halo specific gameplay of course. The core of Halo has to always be intact, they seem to not understand that. Halo can't be the same forever, but this is not the way to push the series forward, especially in single player. Unless ADS of course it is weapon specific of course, than that is a different story for another day. I will not rage over it until I get more details of course, I won't rage if it is true either I will just not follow Halo 5 until release and see if it is any good. I enjoyed Halo 4 even with its flaws as I saw it had potential, but if this is true I will lose faith in 343 industries.

Rockyrock

How many people think 343 will change this based on community feedback? Do they have a history of listening to fans and making changes?

343 has had a history of saying "We're listening to community, we know what they want"

Then doing the complete OPPOSITE.

They've probably just gotten to the point where they know they can never come close to Bungie's Halo so they're like fuck it lets just rip off their work and just totally sell out after that.

KoopaTheCasual

Yeah, handing off the porting to several other companies sure was a lot of work for 343. :-/

They really didn't learn after Halo 4's reception did they?
They keep pushing the series into the opposite direct that longtime fans wanted them to go in.
Pretty depressing to see this happen to a franchise such as this. Happens way too much. :(
Oh, was MCC mostly external? :/

Did not know that. Well, they can clearly see what made Halo popular from the remasters.

impact

Banned
RIP

CS still the only big name FPS franchise to not succumb to the ultimate noob helper ADS? Don't fuck up Valve...

It's ADS down a scope....

I've played every Halo and read all the books.

ADS is a fundamentally different mechanic. Halo's scopes didn't change your movement speed or accuracy and didn't obstruct your field of view (except the outer edges to train the eye towards the center and limit your peripheral vision to limit the scope's dominance). Halo also came with descope, which knocked you out of your scope if you were hit.

ADS is inherently different in all of those things, and if any of those are changed, it'd have no reason to exist - not in a game like Halo where the scopes are smart-linked to your HUD anyway.

Kriken

While not a Halo fan in the slightest (Only played a few hours of Halo 3 from Gwg) my understanding about why people are upset is because Halo's combat is not COD and trying to push Halo towards a more mainstream COD combat with ADS and sprinting takes away what made Halo the shooter that it was. And with that, I can agree. I hope 343 can understand why people are upset here and fix it after the beta

That's amazing

Alucrid

Banned

Welp.

the best part is...

if they don't change people who liked halo mp will be mad and cod players ruined it for them

if they do change then players who want ADS and sprint will think those old halo players ruined 343's vision and ruined it for them

FordGTGuy

Banned
Well you are seriously uninformed because you don't understand the difference between scope/zoom and aim down sights.

I know the exact difference, this basically a stylized form of zoom while being less jarring for the player.

Like I said there is absolutely no proof that any other gun has ADS.

what will they be looking forward to after? 343 goes one way and the fans want them to go in another. at what point do you realize they aren't making the games you want anymore?

i knew after 4 that they had no intention of making a Halo game like most hardcore Halo fans wanted. I had zero hopes for 5, but if you want to play Halo 1,2,3 online you need to get a XB1 sooner than later.

Wollveren

Banned
That's not a scope, that's a red dot sight... This is a scope:

1000px-BR55HB-BattleRifle-Transparent.png

Yeah, that is true. But that is before a weapon like the DMR was implemented in the game... So they need to find some way to balance the two, its obvious DMR is going for that longer range advantage, so for BR to be balanced, they switched up the scope a bit to accommodate closer range gun fights.

9Kl4bGb.png

Top Bottom