• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 beta preview [Game revolution] [Update: Big Screens]

imae

Nothing special about the beta visuals, but given it's a 60 FPS title there's of course going to be compromises. I'm sure we'll see some nice enough environments and vfx in the final game though.

On the other hand I do wish they would try something a little different with the art direction for Halo, it's all looks a little too familiar so far.

Sai-kun

Banned
Just because he does not know everything about Halo, his opinion doesn't matter?

His opinion obviously matters, but not nearly as much as someone who's even remotely familiar with the series. I would trust the word of someone who's played every game and at least knows what Midship is more than someone who can't even name weapons correctly.

VinFTW

Nothing special about the beta visuals, but given it's a 60 FPS title there's of course going to be compromises. I'm sure we'll see some nice enough environments and vfx in the final game though.

On the other hand I do wish they would try something a little different with the art direction for Halo, it's all looks a little too familiar so far.

A lot of us are thinking they are using placeholder assets in those images. The models you see there look nothing like the models shown off in the official IGN preview that occurred a couple weeks ago.

x-Lundz-x

It's common knowledge the game is an entire year from release at this time, so are the comments about the graphics just drive-by trolling?

It's not going to look that much better than what we see today I would imagine. You guys make it sound like every game shown always ends up looking tons better when it's actually released. Doesn't really happen, maybe in a few cases, but it's definitely not the norm for that to happen.

That being said, it looks good to me, but not mind blowing. Need vids.

FordGTGuy

Banned
It's not going to look that much better than what we see today I would imagine. You guys make it sound like every game shown always ends up looking tons better when it's actually released. Doesn't really happen, maybe in a few cases, but it's definitely not the norm for that to happen.

What gaming industry do you follow?

Games definitely look and perform better when launched.

Eggbok

Halo-5-Guardians-Multiplayer-Beta-Trench-Breakout-Slam.jpg

Whats he doing...

Edit: L1nett pls.

Superman Punch

ZDNswyu.jpg

Halo 5 becomes a wrestler game, first in gaf.

I thught Iron Man myself lol.

iHZ4L3Y7avs1f.png

Kssio_Aug

I see the nitpicking has already begun.

No wonder Bethesda decided to hold back the Doom 4 footage.

Hyper-critical gaming community indeed ...

Youre right. Looking at this here now, I believe they did the right thing hiding Doom 4.

However, some overractions are so unbleievable that I cant help but believe there are lots of haters using that opportunity. Its sad.

Euron

It's not perfect since Sprint inherently messes with the map design but Map Control and De-Scoping already make this FAR more of a Halo Game than 4. Hopefully there won't be any killstreaks at least. Personal Ordinance killed the Halo Formula in 4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
looks like a texture map from Counterstrike: Source.

x-Lundz-x

What gaming industry do you follow?

Games definitely look and perform better when launched.

Reality where games don't change all that much (visually) in the last year of development. They are showing the game for the first time, THE game for MS and you think it's going to look totally different than what we see today? Come on, if you really feel that way you are setup for disappointment.

I bet it looks much better in motion and that's why I want to see some 1080P Vids.

It's not perfect since Sprint inherently messes with the map design but Map Control and De-Scoping already make this FAR more of a Halo Game than 4. Hopefully there won't be any killstreaks at least. Personal Ordinance killed the Halo Formula in 4.

No killstreaks is confirmed.

Come on, can't we keep the shiny look?

343_industries_68146.jpg

Eh, I'm not too fond of it being super shiny. I'd love it if they kept those colors, though. Maybe make the shininess an option?

hiphopcr

Looks awesome... more emphasis on movement, speed, without the necessity of iron sighting which slows down and limits gameplay

JackHerer

I've never seen these armor renders people are posting on this page. They look incredible. Love the helmet the blue spartan has and the cracked visor looks cool.

Hmm, I'm guessing that the Spartans in the preview pics are indeed from an old build, using Halo 4 assets. I bet the footage we see later today will be a newer build, or at the very least, what we play during the beta.

Because, those Spartans look awful. They seem straight out of Halo 4, the colors are muted, but most importantly they seem to be lacking proper details, textures and shaders.

I have my early opinions about the gameplay discussed, but I'm gonna hold off on it until I actually see it and play it. It'll hold more gravity and legitimacy that way. That said, the vaulting over objects thing is has no place in Halo IMO.

People are in denial if they think this game is gonna come out a year from now and be radically better looking. Better to an extent perhaps.

These are promo shots as well so they probably touched them up too.

L4nnist3r

Drive Club looks much better than it did a year ago when it was announced and delayed. What makes you think this can be the case with this tittle.

BTW I agree with you, as of right now looks good but not mind blowing.

Sydle

Reality where games don't change all that much (visually) in the last year of development. They are showing the game for the first time, THE game for MS and you think it's going to look totally different than what we see today? Come on, if you really feel that way you are setup for disappointment.

I bet it looks much better in motion and that's why I want to see some 1080P Vids.

It's hard for me to believe that the models, lighting, textures, and fx are anywhere near final a whole year early. Tweaks across the board could make a big difference.

Personally, I believe it's going to be a looker given what 343 accomplished with Halo 4 on the 360.

Top Bottom