• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

Agree, especially after a whopping E3 opening, the premier gaming conference of them all should have caused a boost in the sales chart, like a lot of titles, but this doesn't surprise me. I would tend to say there is interest in online forums since more people who enjoy the game are active and want to provide input, but talking to people online in MCC, and more in the community, I would say excitement is moot, and I feel a lot of people have moved on from the franchise especially after the beta. I think people used to get excited when they heard anything Halo, but since 343, that excitement is just not there anymore with their direction.

GTpLULQ.gif

Hubble

halo is dad

It certainly isn't dead, but its userbase have certainly declined since the injection of COD elements into Halo. This E3 should have reinvigorated the series, and it didn't after that bad gameplay demo, and the launch of Halo 5 should have happened after COD, and now Star Wars, after having a stellar showing for best chances. Did you guys not learn anything from Halo 4? It is not looking bright.

It's compelling research it's backed by data.

Pack it up.

I don't need to link you to the Halo 4 chart of online population.

It certainly isn't dead, but its userbase have certainly declined since the injection of COD elements into Halo. This E3 should have reinvigorated the series, and it didn't after that bad gameplay demo, and the launch of Halo 5 should have happened after COD for best chances. Did you guys not learn anything from Halo 4? It is not looking bright.

I didn't think the e3 showing was amazing, but if you like Halo multiplayer and you played the beta, you'd probably realize you're way off base here.

Bsigg12

It certainly isn't dead, but its userbase have certainly declined since the injection of COD elements into Halo. This E3 should have reinvigorated the series, and it didn't after that bad gameplay demo, and the launch of Halo 5 should have happened after COD for best chances. Did you guys not learn anything from Halo 4? It is not looking bright.

Why do you care then? You seemingly hate everything about the series, why don't you just play something else or are you one of the "bring back classic Halo" guys?

Hubble

Why do you care then? You seemingly hate everything about the series, why don't you just play something else or are you one of the "bring back classic Halo" guys?

I actually still love the series, will still buy Halo 5 to support the franchise, but like many, we have grown disillusion with how different the game is since 343 have taken over, and their voices need to be heard.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It certainly isn't dead, but its userbase have certainly declined since the injection of COD elements into Halo. This E3 should have reinvigorated the series, and it didn't after that bad gameplay demo, and the launch of Halo 5 should have happened after COD, and now Star Wars, after having a stellar showing for best chances. Did you guys not learn anything from Halo 4? It is not looking bright.

I don't need to link you to the Halo 4 chart of online population.

You're entitled to your opinion. You can come back and crow about it in the first week of November.

Paradicia

Really liked what I've seen so far. The campaign looks great, but I would have liked to see the chief open the show instead of Locke and co. My one and only gripe is the lack of anti-aliasing in the footage I've seen of Warzone. It wasn't as noticeable in the campaign footage though. I can't help but feel that the lack of AA takes away from the obviously very detailed environments. It's like the further away something is from the camera the jaggies just become way more apparent.

Agree, especially after a whopping E3 opening, the premier gaming conference of them all should have caused a boost in the sales chart, like a lot of titles, but this doesn't surprise me. I would tend to say there is interest in online forums since more people who enjoy the game are active and want to provide input, but talking to people online in MCC, and more in the community, I would say excitement is moot, and I feel a lot of people have moved on from the franchise especially after the beta. I think people used to get excited when they heard anything Halo, but since 343, that excitement is just not there anymore with their direction.

image.php

halo is dad

I have Mix churning out a News Flash as we speak

Hubble

You're entitled to your opinion. You can come back and crow about it in the first week of November.

Will do. I am sure new charts will be updated periodically, and we'll have the same arguments of how Halo 4 and Halo 5 population counts compare to what used to be Halo.

Take a look at this video by Rod Fergusson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WkS9Sf2ffo

I am also looking forward to the classic remade Halo maps coming as DLC ;)

Fh3ro.gif

Yes. More information much later

Warzone enemies vary in difficulty from easy to dark Souls.

Difficulty doesn't just mean they have 20x overshield and no reload Fuel Rod right? Advanced AI, tactics and maybe some backup is what we can expect from the higher difficulty bosses?

Really enjoyed the Arena beta, so I'll probably be picking this up regardless. Not sure what to think of the Warzone mode, I loved Invasion, but the disorganised mess that spawning with whatever you want can cause makes me run a million miles. Hoping to see some in depth breakdowns at some point.

I'll take Frank's word on the campaign having plenty of opportunities for dynamic, emergent gameplay. I'll never forget Halo 3's Ark and Covenant missions. Can we expect some 60fps footage from campaign soon? Not really seeing the graphics upgrade I was expecting, especially seeing as we've still got those low resolution 'barely there' explosions that Halo 4 had.

Halo is basically Satan according to your expert analysis.

You cant and shouldnt speak for everyone...I lost complete interest in the series by the time reach was released. Halo 4 was a step in the right direction the halo 5 beta was incredible and addicting. I'm more hyped for halo 5 then I have been for any other game in a long time. I know I'm not alone in this regard because the people I talk to all feel the same as me and if you think your opinion is right because some of the people you talk to feel a certain way then certainly mine is just as valid.

I will agree that the slice of game play they showed was underwhelming from a game play perspective but these walk through are usually meant to show off fancy graphics, environments, and some new features which it did with all of those.

Not having a Big Team Beta makes sense to some degree, even though I know a lot of people (myself included) were clamoring for it: getting assets and polish ready for a beta takes a sizable chunk of time - a large fraction compared to the game itself - and while it was much more plausible in an earlier state of development with the lower-volume, lower-yield (in terms of dynamics and assets required) Arena Beta, having to get something as massive and potentially unstable outside of a closed, single-outcome environment as Warzone would probably take substantially longer than an Arena Beta would, if not delaying the game months outright.

I don't know, Satans is pretty well-known guy...

yeah, eh fales angles and doesnt afraid of anything

They just confirmed on the Gamespot stream that there won't be an additional beta before release.
No warzone beta seems like a strange choice. Hard to believe that a test of arena PVP alone could provide enough data for them to be ready for launch.

Hope you know what you're doing 343.

You can take aesthetic items into Arena, but not gameplay changers. Make sense?

I'm guessing that special BR would be a rare card or something like that. I also suspect that there's variations of every vehicle as they are all plurals

I love Warzone, it better be playable at EGX.

L4nnist3r

? Not really seeing the graphics upgrade I was expecting, especially seeing as we've still got those low resolution 'barely there' explosions that Halo 4 had.

By the looks of it, It seems like the primary focus is to deliver a solid 60FPS experience, everything else comes second.

All due respect but if you are gauging it on sales then yeah, if you are judging it by population then...

I also recall shortly after Halo 4 this:
"We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better," Halo franchise director Frank O'Connor said in a retrospective blog post. "And we know this, and we will."

O'Connor said there were a "ton" of things 343 wished it had done better with Halo 4, including the implementation of features that didn't make it into the final game, various glitches that surfaced, "DLC fiascos," and communication breakdowns.
The developer didn't only focus on the negatives in the blog post, admitting that "for a first effort, [Halo 4] wasn't half bad." Bright spots during the development of Halo 4 included the formation of a tight-knit development team and the overhaul of the game engine, he said.

O'Connor further explained that stepping into Bungie's "oversized" shoes would have been a challenge for any developer, noting the venture "terrified" the team at the onset. However, as the studio grew and 343 Industries began to feel comfortable, those fears were quelled, especially once Halo 4 finally hit shelves in November.

"We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing. It wasn’t flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success," O'Connor said. "So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time."

I don't know how many apologies came after MCC. I just wonder who your focused groups are and who you guys are listening to because it's not the fans.

Top Bottom