• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 Gameplay Demo (E3 2015)

I just watched the vidoc for Warzone. My hype completely spiked when the classic Halo theme rendition came on, it sounds really good. It's just so much more hype inducing.

ryan299

Tom Warren from the Verge just said on twitter that the game supports HoloLens and 343 is letting people try it at the booth. Anybody got any more news on it?

OverHeat

« generous god »
Don't fuck this up 343i ;)
W4PFhXV.jpg

greenegt

Watching the Warzone ViDoc really got me hyped. I LOVE the fact that all DLC maps will be free. That is huge. Also, glad that Stinkles confirmed that the campaign will have the openness that we crave. I'm so pumped, I am willing to forego my beloved GCU discount and pre-order this game digitally.

ryan299

I have MS credit expiring next week, If i preorder the game will the credit go towards it or will it expire long before the release?

Warzone looks like a lot of fun, I'm excited to try it.
I've been wanting this large scale Halo MP for a long time.

I am hyped for the campaign, but that demo wasn't necessarily what I was hoping for
The graphics look great, I love the squad mechanics, and the scale of the environments do look 'epic'
I'm sure future campaign demos will be more exciting

Glass

Pre-orders have been up for ages though right? It's not like they've just become available, if people are expecting some rush. Especially since there's still no images or videos, its just a list of things, which isn't the most tantalising way to go.

FordGTGuy

Banned
To make it look even more silly the $150 Xbox One Elite controller is about to be #7 in videogames. $250 Rock Band set is one its way to #5 and the Xbox One wireless controller is sitting at #12.

dfcdNz8.png

eshwaaz

Looking good in a lot of ways, but I gotta say I'm disappointed in the explosion effects. They look like they were pulled right out of Halo 3. The explosions in Halo 2 Anniversary look better than this.

solis74

Watching the Warzone ViDoc really got me hyped. I LOVE the fact that all DLC maps will be free. That is huge. Also, glad that Stinkles confirmed that the campaign will have the openness that we crave. I'm so pumped, I am willing to forego my beloved GCU discount and pre-order this game digitally.

Agree.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the revamped pistol looks pretty great. going to miss how rapid fire the beta version was, but this definitely seems to pack a bigger punch

iMax

Regarding the campaign, do yourself a favour and do this:

1. Download the campaign video from Gamersyde
  2. Load it up on your TV
  3. Enable "Intelligent Frame Creation" or "Smooth Picture Mode" to recreate the 1080p/60 experience.

Just did this myself and it's a total stunner.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
watching a lot of warzone footage and it hits me, they changed the radar from the beta! looks like it only shows dots, no vehicles, and no arrows for elevation - though if someone is above or below you the dot is shaded differently.

oh, and the warthog still sounds bad, but in a new way from halo 4's terrible sound.

Hubble

#85 in video games, not the whole company.

Indeed but it still shows the overall interest in the game. It shouldn't be all the way down there.

Agree, especially after a whopping E3 opening, the premier gaming conference of them all should have caused a boost in the sales chart, like a lot of titles, but this doesn't surprise me. I would tend to say there is interest in online forums since more people who enjoy the game are active and want to provide input, but talking to people online in MCC, and more in the community, I would say excitement is moot, and I feel a lot of people have moved on from the franchise especially after the beta. I think people used to get excited when they heard anything Halo, but since 343, that excitement is just not there anymore with their direction.

solis74

Regarding the campaign, do yourself a favour and do this:

1. Download the campaign video from Gamersyde
  2. Load it up on your TV
  3. Enable "Intelligent Frame Creation" or "Smooth Picture Mode" to recreate the 1080p/60 experience.

Just did this myself and it's a total stunner.

Watched a HQ version on my tv and it looked gorgeous!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Agree, especially after a whopping E3 opening, the premier gaming conference of them all should have caused a boost in the sales chart, like a lot of titles, but this doesn't surprise me. I would tend to say there is interest in online forums since more people who enjoy the game are active and want to provide input, but talking to people online in MCC, and more in the community, I would say excitement is moot, and I feel a lot of people have moved on from the franchise especially after the beta. I think people used to get excited when they heard anything Halo, but since 343, that excitement is just not there anymore with their direction.

halo is dad

Top Bottom